This is the best keto tuna salad recipe that’s super quick to make and loaded with flavor. Served on keto bread or lettuce wraps, enjoy an excellent tuna salad that bursts with flavor and keeps you full for hours.
Whenever I want a protein loaded meal, this easy tuna salad is my to-go recipe. It takes less than 15 minutes to whip up a healthy meal that’s perfect for lunch or dinner.
Tuna salad is a great lunch option, and this keto version served on low-carb bread is perfect for enjoying at work! I frequently double the recipe because leftovers are even more delicious the next days.
- 1 Is Tuna Keto?
- 2 Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- 3 Ingredients in Keto Tuna Salad
- 4 How To Make Keto Tuna Salad
- 5 Recipe Tips and Variations
- 6 How to Serve Tuna Salad
- 7 How Can I Store Keto Tuna Salad
- 8 Keto Tuna Salad Recipe Video
- 9 More Keto Salads Recipes
- 10 Best Keto Tuna Salad
Is Tuna Keto?
Sure, it is. While on a ketogenic diet, canned tuna, whether in oil or water, is perfectly suitable. Canned tuna in oil or water is often carb-free, making it an excellent protein to include in a keto diet.
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Super versatile- can be customized easily!
- Takes less than 15 minutes to make!
- Perfect for meal prep
Ingredients in Keto Tuna Salad
When you want to make this recipe, you don’t have to think that you have to run to the grocery store for ingredients because I’m sure you already have most of these ingredients in your pantry.
Here is a note on the ingredients:
- Canned Tuna- I love using tuna packed in water and buying cans with a dolphin-safe label. Oil-packed tuna can also be used; just make sure to remove as much oil as possible.
- Mayonnaise- To make this tuna salad super creamy, use your favorite mayo. I love to use avocado oil mayonnaise or make a batch of homemade 1-minute mayonnaise using a blender.
- Celery – It’s a classic tuna salad ingredient, and it provides a pleasant crunch and saltiness.
- Dill Relish- Makes this salad super flavorful: sweet and tangy. You can also chop up some dill pickles and use them instead.
- Lemon Juice – Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for a lovely zingy flavor.
- Red onion
- Garlic- a great ingredient to add to your tuna salad.
- Salt & Pepper – a pinch of these ingredients helps bring out all of the flavors in the salad.
How To Make Keto Tuna Salad
I think this is one of the easiest recipes in the world. But, if you don’t believe me, here is everything you have to do:
- Start by draining the liquid from the canned tuna.
- Finely dice all of the celery and red onion. Everything will be easy to combine and eat.
- Then all you have to do is mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- And now, assemble a sandwich or eat the salad straight from the bowl.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- This recipe can be adapted to your preferences. So you can add diced bell peppers, cucumbers, finely chopped dill, hard-boiled eggs, or mustard.
- Mayo Free Tuna Salad– use Greek yogurt instead, mashed avocado, or whipped tofu to add creaminess without the extra calories.
- You may also add some parmesan cheese to make it even more flavorful, delicious, and irresistible.
How to Serve Tuna Salad
- On toasted keto bread, this keto tuna salad tastes extremely delicious.
- Serve it with keto nachos or cheese chips.
- Spoon some tuna salad on some large cucumber slices.
- You can serve it in a lettuce wrap.
- You can use it for stuffing some avocado with it.
- Add a chopped boiled egg.
How Can I Store Keto Tuna Salad
- Fridge: Store leftover salad for up to five days in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Freezer: I don’t recommend freezing tuna salad since it’s so easy to make. However, you can store it for two months, but you’ll need to drain out the excess liquid after thawing.
Keto Tuna Salad Recipe Video
It’s super easy to make this recipe and you can watch my quick step-by-step video below for all the details!
More Keto Salads Recipes
Best Keto Tuna Salad
- 2 5 -oz cans tuna in water drained
- ½ cup mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup celery finely chopped
- ¼ red onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dill relish
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 garlic clove minced
- salt & Pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Storage: Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 days.
- Don’t replace the mayo with not use low fat or reduced-fat
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.