Learn how to make the best keto carrot cake bread that’s moist, fluffy, and topped with a delicious creamy cream cheese frosting. This sugar-free carrot cake bread is my family’s favorite dessert recipe because it’s made with coconut flour, and I choose to make it for any special occasion.
This recipe for keto carrot cake bread is one of the best sweet treats I choose to bake when the weather starts to cool down.
Fluffy and with a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg, then topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting, this gluten-free carrot cake bread will become your favorite one.
Made from a few easy-to-find ingredients and loaded with warm spices, this gluten-free keto carrot cake bread is a moist and delicious dessert that is great served in the morning with a cup of tea or coffee.
- 1 Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Carrot Cake Loaf Recipe
- 2 Ingredients For This Keto Carrot Cake Bread
- 3 For The Sugar-free Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 How To Make This Delicious Keto Carrot Cake Bread
- 5 Tips For Making The Best Keto Carrot Cake Bread
- 6 Storing Ideas
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8 More Keto Cake Recipes
- 9 Keto Carrot Cake Bread
Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Carrot Cake Loaf Recipe
- Made with simple and easy-to-find ingredients.
- It’s moist, fluffy, and loaded with fall spices.
- You can make it ahead of time.
- Topped with a creamy and delicious frosting.
Ingredients For This Keto Carrot Cake Bread
What’s not to love about this delicious sugar-free carrot cake bread since it’s made using ingredients you probably already have in your pantry? Here is a list of everything you will need:
For The Carrot Cake Bread
- Coconut Flour – this is one of the best low-carb flour substitutes I use in many keto baked goods since it’s high in fiber.
- Eggs – use room-temperature eggs to avoid eggy flavors and taste.
- Sweetener – feel free to use your favorite sweeteners like monk fruit, erythritol, or allulose.
- Sour Cream – use full-fat sour cream.
- Carrots – you will need freshly grated carrots.
- Vanilla Extract – make sure you use the best quality vanilla extract for an intense flavor.
- Pecans – add crunchiness to the cake bread. Feel free to replace it with your favorite nuts.
- Cinnamon – is one of my favorite spices that I add to almost any baked dessert, especially during the holiday season.
- Baking Powder – helps the cake to become super fluffy.
- Nutmeg – it pairs perfectly with cinnamon and gives a boost of flavor to the carrot cake bread.
- Salt – used to enhance all the flavors.
For The Sugar-free Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream Cheese – use full-fat softened cream cheese to mix well.
- Butter – use room-temperature butter.
- Sweetener – use your favorite sweetener as long as it is powdered.
- Heavy Cream – makes the cream cheese frosting extra creamy.
- Vanilla Extract – use a high-quality vanilla extract to boost flavor.
How To Make This Delicious Keto Carrot Cake Bread
Once you try this sugar-free carrot cake bread, you will want to make it over and over again since it’s so easy to make. Here is everything you need to do to enjoy the best carrot cake bread:
- Make the carrot cake bread – Preheat your oven to 350F/176C and line a cake loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk until no visible lumps.
- Add the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract to a different bowl and mix for 3 minutes until frothy.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ones until the batter is formed.
- Stir in the grated carrots and chopped pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake loaf pan and bake for about 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make the keto cream cheese frosting – Mix the cream cheese and butter for about 2 minutes, then add the sweetener, heavy cream, and vanilla extract and continue mixing for another 3 minutes.
- Once the carrot cake bread is completely cooled, spread the cream cheese frosting evenly and enjoy!!
Tips For Making The Best Keto Carrot Cake Bread
- Let the cake bread cool completely before frosting and slicing it. The carrot cake bread will slice more evenly if you wait until it cools to room temperature rather than cutting into it as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Use freshly shredded carrots rather than pre-shredded carrots, which could be too dry.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Otherwise, the cake could turn chewy and dense.
- I recommended sifting the dry ingredient to break up clumps and create an airy flour mixture.
- Fridge – Store the leftovers in the fridge, in an airtight container, or wrapped in plastic for up to 7 days.
- Freezer – You can freeze these carrot cake bread slices wrapped in plastic foil for up to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Carrots Keto-Friendly?
It’s important to understand that the idea that carrots are off-limits when following a ketogenic diet is untrue. Root vegetables like carrots can be eaten in moderation, even if they are slightly high in carbs.
Is Carrot Cake Keto?
Regular carrot cake is not keto since it’s made using sugar and wheat flour, but with this recipe, you can enjoy a delicious carrot cake bread even if you are on a keto diet.
Can I Make This Recipe With Almond Flour?
I don’t recommend using almond flour instead of coconut flour because these two types have different properties, and you will have to change the amount of each ingredient.
More Keto Cake Recipes
- Easy Keto Carrot Cake (5g net carbs)
- Keto Gingerbread Cake
- The Best Keto Vanilla Cake
- Almond Flour Cake
Keto Carrot Cake Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350F/176C and line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients: coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, sweetener, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract in a different large bowl. Mix for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture looks frothy.
- Add the dry ingredients over the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Gently stir in grated carrots and chopped pecans.
- Then transfer the batter to a loaf pan and use a spatula to smooth the top.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, evenly spread the frosting and enjoy.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.