This keto egg salad tastes amazing and it’s perfect for breakfast on a low carb bread toast or for lunch in a lettuce wrap. It’s extremely easy to make with simple ingredients, very creamy and so delicious. It will instantly become a staple in your kitchen.
This is one of those gluten-free, low carb, paleo and Whole30 recipes that can be easily customized to your dietary needs. You can use a homemade mayo or get the healthiest mayonnaise on the market: Avocado Mayonnaise by Primal Kitchen.
What are the ingredients for the Keto Egg Salad?
I love to keep my egg salad simple and only add avocado for extra creaminess. I am a huge fan of dill, and I always add it to the egg salad, but you can substitute it with parsley or chives.
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Mayonnaise Dijon Mustard
- Lemon Juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make Keto Egg Salad?
Making keto egg salad is effortless. Here’s everything you need to do:
- Boil six eggs and let them cool down. You can boil and peel the eggs in advance, refrigerate them until you need to make the salad.
- Chop the eggs and avocado into bite-size pieces and throw them into a medium bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, dill or chives, salt, and pepper
- Mix the salad well to combine and DEVOUR!
To keep things light, use Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise and mash the avocado instead of chopping it. The salad will still be creamy and delicious.
How Long to store Keto Egg Salad?
Store the leftover keto egg salad in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. Do not keep this salad at room temperature for the reason that bacteria grows faster at a higher temperature.
What else can you add to the Keto Egg Salad?
- Pickles: Add diced pickles or relish
- Freshly diced Celery
- Lean protein: chicken breast, cooked shrimp, ham or bacon
- Tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- Green Olives
I’d love to hear how you make your favorite egg salad!
Other Recipes You Might Like
- The Best Egg-Free High Protein Keto Bread
- Fluffy & Thick Keto Pancakes with Coconut Flour
- 90 Second Bread – Low Carb & Keto Bread Recipe
The Best Keto Egg Salad
- 1 medium Avocado ripe
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs large
- 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1/8 Tsp Dill optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Peel the hard boiled eggs, chop them and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop out the avocado using a spoon and chop it into small pieces. Add the avocado to the bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice. Mix well to combine.
- Serve it right away or refrigerate until you want to eat it.