This keto egg salad tastes amazing; it’s perfect for breakfast on a low-carb bread toast or lunch in a lettuce wrap. It’s extremely easy to make with simple, creamy, and delicious ingredients. An egg salad ready in just 10 minutes will instantly become a staple in your kitchen.
This is one of those gluten-free, low-carb, paleo, and Whole30 recipes that can be easily customized to your dietary needs. For example, you can use homemade mayo or get the healthiest mayonnaise on the market: Avocado Mayonnaise by Primal Kitchen.
- 1 Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- 2 Are Eggs Keto?
- 3 Keto Egg Salad Ingredients
- 4 How to Make This Keto Egg Salad
- 5 Variations Recipe
- 6 Tips For Making The Best Keto Egg Salad
- 7 Storing Ideas
- 8 Other Recipes You Might Like
- 9 The Best Keto Egg Salad
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Easy to make using only a few simple ingredients.
- It’s a super creamy and rich salad.
- Has only 5g net carbs per serving.
- You can make it using leftover Easter Eggs.
- It’s a versatile recipe. You can add your favorite ingredients.
Are Eggs Keto?
Eggs are almost the healthiest food because they are extremely nutritious. Despite the misinformation spread all over the media, whole eggs, especially the yolks, should be consumed to get all the nutrients.
One large egg(50g) has 71.5 calories, 6.3g of protein, and almost 0g of carbs. So, eggs are the perfect food to eat on a keto diet because it’s nutrient-dense and super low in carbs.
Keto Egg Salad Ingredients
I love to keep my egg salad simple and only add avocado for extra creaminess. I am a huge fan of dill, and I always add it to the egg salad, but you can substitute it with parsley or chives.
So, here is a list of everything you will need to create this delicious egg salad recipe:
- Ripe Avocado – adds extra creaminess to the salad.
- Hard-Boiled Eggs – use room-temperature eggs.
- Mayonnaise – you can make it at home or buy it from the store. Avocado mayonnaise is a great choice for this recipe.
- Dijon Mustard – adds a slightly spicy flavor to the salad.
- Lemon Juice – gives a tangy flavor and help balances all the flavors.
- Dill – fresh dill is the best for this recipe.
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make This Keto Egg Salad
Making this keto egg salad is effortless. Here’s everything you need to do:
- Boil six eggs and let them cool down. You can boil and peel the eggs in advance and refrigerate them until you make the salad.
- Chop the eggs and avocado into bite-size pieces and throw them into a medium bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, dill or chives, salt, and pepper.
- Mix the salad well to combine and DEVOUR!
To keep things light, use Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise and mash the avocado instead of chopping it. The salad will still be creamy and delicious.
Another great thing about this recipe is that you can make it according to your taste by adding some extra ingredients. Here are some great ideas:
- Pickles: Add diced pickles or relish
- Freshly diced Celery
- Lean protein: chicken breast, cooked shrimp, ham, or cooked bacon
- Tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- Green Olives
I’d love to hear how you make your favorite egg salad!
Tips For Making The Best Keto Egg Salad
- Remove the eggs from the fridge for a couple of hours before making the salad. This step will reduce the chance of the eggs cracking.
- Use some eggs that are a few days old to be easier to peel.
- Fridge: Store the leftover keto egg salad in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
Do not keep this salad at room temperature because bacteria grow faster at a higher temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Freeze This Egg Salad?
Eggs and mayonnaise do not taste nice when thawed from frozen, so freezing is not recommended.
What to Serve Low-Carb Egg Salad on?
It’s extremely easy to make healthy egg salad. I love that it contains nutrients, flavor, and filling and has tons of healthy fats and protein.
How to Cook Perfect Boiled Eggs?
Boiling eggs sounds like such an easy task, but sometimes it can be problematic. They must be cooked too hard, or the peel won’t come off.
When cooking eggs, you must consider a few factors, such as initial egg temperature, egg size, the kind of pot you’re using to boil eggs, room temperature, and even altitude.
To boil perfect eggs for egg salad with avocado:
- Place the eggs on the bottom of a saucepan, leaving enough space between them.
- Fill the pot with cold water to cover the eggs.
- Bring the water to a boil, cover the pan with a lid and remove it from heat.
- Set a timer to 10 minutes, and after the time is over, transfer the eggs to ice water to stop the cooking process immediately.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Best Keto Tuna Salad
- The Best Egg-Free High Protein Keto Bread
- Fluffy & Thick Keto Pancakes with Coconut Flour
- 90 Second Bread – Low Carb & Keto Bread Recipe
The Best Keto Egg Salad
- 1 medium Avocado ripe
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs large
- 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1/8 Tsp Dill optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Peel the hard boiled eggs, chop them and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop out the avocado using a spoon and chop it into small pieces. Add the avocado to the bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice. Mix well to combine.
- Serve it right away or refrigerate until you want to eat it.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.