This creamy mushroom chicken thigh is a delicious, quick dinner recipe that everyone loves. Juicy chicken thighs are smothered in a luscious and rich mushroom sauce infused with garlic and parmesan cheese.
Super-versatile, it’s easy to make ahead of time and requires only a few classic ingredients. Served with your favorite side dishes such as zucchini noodles, pasta, or rice, there’s nothing better than crispy chicken thighs!
Just think about a mushroom-infused creamy sauce with succulent chicken thighs. Heavenly, right?
This chicken thigh recipe is nutritious and delicious, and it’s perfect for a quick weeknight dinner that’s ready in just 30 minutes.
Chicken thighs in a creamy and delicious mushroom sauce is a classic comfort food in our family. This recipe uses simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Bone-in chicken thighs are juicy and tender after being pan-seared.
- 1 Why Are You Going To Love This Creamy Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 2 Ingredients For Creamy Chicken Thigh Recipe
- 3 How To Make Creamy Chicken Mushroom Recipe
- 4 Tips
- 5 What Type Of Mushrooms to Use
- 6 Can I Replace Mushrooms?
- 7 How To Clean The Mushrooms
- 8 Serving Suggestions
- 9 How To Store The Leftovers
- 10 More Chicken Recipes
- 11 Creamy Mushroom Chicken Thighs
Why Are You Going To Love This Creamy Chicken Thighs Recipe
- It’s super easy to make in just 30 minutes.
- Made with only low-carb ingredients
- Perfect for anyone searching for a keto-friendly recipe that is also high in protein and fiber.
- You can make it ahead of time.
Watch this quick video to see exactly how easy it is to make the best creamy chicken dinner at home:
Ingredients For Creamy Chicken Thigh Recipe
This is a complete list of everything you’ll need to make this chicken with mushroom sauce. The exact measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
- Chicken Thighs- I used bone-in skin-on chicken thighs. The skin gets super crispy and keeps the moisture making the chicken super juicy.
- Mushrooms – I used cremini mushrooms, but any other type would work well.
- Heavy Cream – this is used to make a rich and creamy mushroom sauce.
- Parmesan Cheese – offers a distinct flavor and thickens the sauce naturally.
- Olive Oil – You can use any oil you want to pan-fry the chicken thighs.
- Onion & Garlic Powder – I love using this combo of spices for almost any recipe.
- Thyme – is one of my favorite herbs to use when making a creamy mushroom sauce.
- Rosemary – you can skip this ingredient if you are not a fan.
- Garlic – Freshly minced garlic is always the best.
How To Make Creamy Chicken Mushroom Recipe
It’s so easy to make this mushroom chicken thighs skillet recipe by following just a few simple steps. Here is everything you have to do:
- Cook the chicken thighs – Pat dry the chicken thighs with clean paper towels, then season with a mix of salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, and garlic powder.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet, and sear the chicken thighs until golden.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the skillet and set them aside while making the sauce.
- Make the Mushroom Sauce – Melt the butter in the same skillet, add the mushrooms and garlic, and cook until tender.
- Incorporate the heavy cream and parmesan cheese and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Return the chicken thighs back into the skillet and let them simmer for a few more minutes.
- Turn the heat off, garnish with fresh parsley, and enjoy.
- Make sure that your chicken thighs aren’t overcooked. An instant thermometer should read 165F when inserted in the thickest part without touching the bone.
- Add a pinch of xanthan gum or corn starch to make the sauce thicker.
- Fresh spinach would be a great addition to the sauce.
What Type Of Mushrooms to Use
You can use any mushrooms you have on hand. White or brown mushrooms, cremini, or portobello, are all great for this recipe. You can also use canned sliced mushrooms.
Can I Replace Mushrooms?
Sure, if you are not a fan of mushrooms, you can easily replace them with your favorite vegetables. A great idea for this recipe is to use fresh spinach, asparagus, or broccoli.
After you are adding the heavy cream, add some fresh spinach into the sauce and stir well. It tastes heavenly.
How To Clean The Mushrooms
- You should start by removing any damaged sections, clumps of dirt, or thick, tough stems.
- You have to clean your mushrooms with a moist paper towel to remove any dirt.
There are so many great side dishes to enjoy with this recipe. Here you can find my favorite ones:
- Mashed Potatoes
- Baked Zucchini
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Cauliflower Rice
How To Store The Leftovers
- Fridge: You can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for about five days.
- Freezer: Creamy sauces should not be frozen since when they defrost, they become grainy.
More Chicken Recipes
- One-Pan Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken
- Cajun Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Baked Keto Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Thighs
- 6 chicken thighs skin on, bone-in
- 8 oz. white mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- 2 tsp salt divided
- Pat dry the chicken using a clean kitchen towel and trim the excess fat. Season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, and rosemary on both sides. I mix the seasonings in a small bowl first.1/2 tsp thyme, 1/2 tsp dried rosemary, ½ tsp pepper, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp garlic powder
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.2 tbsp olive oil
- Sear chicken thighs on both sides for about 8 minutes on each side or until they are no longer pink in the middle. I recommend using a splatter guard. Remove chicken from the skillet and keep warm.6 chicken thighs
- In the same pan, melt the butter and cook the mushrooms until golden brown for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute or until fragrant.8 oz. white mushrooms, 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Stir in the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat and continue cooking for a few minutes until the sauce starts to thicken. Stir in the parmesan until completely melted. Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste.¼ cup parmesan cheese, ½ tsp pepper, 2 tsp salt, 1 cup heavy cream
- Return the chicken thighs to the pan, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve immediately with your favorite side dish.Fresh parsley to garnish
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.