This simple recipe makes the best meatballs that can be cooked any way you like. These homemade keto meatballs are flavorful, tender, and juicy. It’s a classic recipe that’s a breeze to whip up, perfect for a weeknight dinner, a quick snack or appetizers.
Friends, do you have a favorite recipe for homemade keto meatballs in your collection?
If not, save this one. It’s seriously the best.
You won’t miss the breadcrumbs. These meatballs hold up well and are great served over a steamy pile of zucchini noodles or with a side of cheesy mashed cauliflower.
My grandmother makes tons of fried meatball, and we would have them with bread (now I have them with my keto white bread) and mustard as a sandwich. My brother and I really love them, and this recipe is a classic I learned from her. I just substituted the bread crumbs to Parmesan cheese.
Grandma uses a mix of ground beef and pork and adds tons of garlic, fresh parsley, and onion. It’s a must to eat meatballs every time we visit her. It’s like our little tradition!
She started making meatballs without breadcrumbs to reduce the carbs since I told her I want a low carb version. She was very receptive and immediately transformed the recipe.
Each meatball has around 0.5g carbs. That’s insane, right? The macros are calculated for one meatball and you can eat as many as you want.
Feel free to serve them with marinara sauce, Swedish creamy gravy, barbecue sauce sauce and more.
Ingredients For Keto Meatballs
- ground beef (80-85% lean) – You can use a combo of ground beef and Italian sausage for even more flavor.
- yellow onion – I really love onions and I find it a great addition in this recipe. You can either chop onion or grate it.
- garlic cloves: Use freshly minced garlic or replace with garlic powder to taste.
- fresh parsley and basil – Fresh herbs are the best!
- large eggs – Eggs help the meat mixture stay together while cooking.
- Parmesan cheese – To maximize the flavor I recommend using freshly shredded Parmesan.
- Seasonings: Italian seasoning, read pepper flakes, salt and pepper
How to Make Keto Meatballs?
Since meatballs are such a versatile recipe and perfect for soups, sandwiches, and casseroles, I make big batches and freeze them to have on hand for busy days.
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Combine ground meat, onion, Parmesan, eggs, seasonings and the reset of the ingredients. Use your hands to gently mix all the ingredients and try not to over-mix. Over mixing makes tough and dry meatballs.
- Form meatballs. The meatballs must have the same size to cook evenly.
- Cook using your favorite method. In the recipe card below, I provide instructions on how to cook meatballs in the oven, air fryer, and in a pan. You’ll know the meatballs are ready when an meat thermometer reads 160°F.
This gluten-free low carb meatballs recipe makes about 20 meatballs. To make more, double or triple the ingredients, and you’ll have enough meatballs to feed a crowd.
How to Store Low Carb Meatballs
Keto meatballs are great for meal prep and can be stored for up to 7 days in the fridge. They are perfect to have on hand for any busy weeknight keto dinner or quick snack.
They are freezer friendly and can be reheated in the oven.
Once you finished cooking, allow the no carbs meatballs to cool down. Place them onto a baking sheet in a single layer and freeze for a few hours. Then, transfer to a freezer bag. They last for up to 3 months.
More Easy Recipes For You to Try:
- Low Carb Keto Crack Slaw – Easy Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce
- Pork Chops with Creamy Garlic Mushroom Sauce – 30 Minute Recipe
Easy Keto Meatballs Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef 80-85% lean
- ¼ cup yellow onion finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large mixing bowl, add beef, onion, garlic, parsley, basil, eggs, and parmesan cheese. Season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and Italian Seasoning.
- Using your fingertips gently break the meat up until all ingredients are well combined.
Air Fryer Method
- Spray the air-fryer basket with olive oil cooking spray.
- Add meatballs to air fryer basket, making sure they don't touch too much or overcrowd the basket (work in batches if needed).
- Cook in the air fryer for 13 minutes at 350°F, removing basket after 8 minutes to quickly rotate meatballs.
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place meatballs evenly spaced.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown.
- To fry meatballs, pour about ¾ cup oil into a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook meatballs in 2-3 batches until golden brown, occasionally turning, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain the excess fat.
- Serve warm, topped with Raos’s Marinara Sauce and mozzarella. Garnish with parsley and enjoy!