Super easy to make and extremely delicious, these keto egg muffins are the perfect make-ahead breakfast ideas for those mornings in a hurry. Gluten-free, low-carb, and keto-friendly, these muffins will be loved by your entire family.
These keto egg muffins are a quick breakfast recipe that can be adapted to your taste by adding your favorite toppings. So forget those boring breakfast recipes and learn how to prepare these gluten-free egg muffins in only 25 minutes.
If you don’t have time to make something healthy and nutritious in the morning, these egg muffins are the best choice since you can make them ahead of time and enjoy them in the morning to get your energy.
Loaded with delicious flavors and packed with protein, these egg muffins are a great idea for busy mornings.
- 1 Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- 2 Ingredients For Keto Eggs Muffins
- 3 How To Make These Keto Egg Muffins
- 4 Recipe Variations
- 5 Tips For Making The Best Egg Muffins
- 6 Storing Ideas
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8 Can I Make These Egg Muffins With Other Toppings?
- 9 Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
- 10 Keto Egg Muffins
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- You can make them ahead of time.
- It’s a versatile recipe. You can add your favorite ingredients.
- Super easy to make in only 25 minutes.
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
- Perfect for breakfast or a snack for school/work.
Ingredients For Keto Eggs Muffins
You will need only a few naturally low-carb ingredients to create these delicious keto egg muffins. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Eggs – you will need large room-temperature eggs.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
- Onion&Garlic Powder – adds extra flavor. You can add your favorite seasonings, such as paprika and red pepper chili flakes.
- Ham – add your favorite ham, or replace it with pepperoni or bacon.
- Bell Pepper – I used red bell pepper for a boost of color.
- Mozzarella Cheese – feel free to replace it with your favorite cheese.
- Monterrey Jack Cheese – you can also use shredded cheddar cheese.
- Chives – fresh chopped chives to garnish.
How To Make These Keto Egg Muffins
These gluten-free egg muffins will become your favorite breakfast option once you see how easy they are to prepare. Here is everything you need to do to prepare them:
- Preheat your oven to 375F/190C degrees.
- Spray a muffin tray with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Add the eggs to a large mixing bowl and mix until frothy.
- Add the seasoning and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture on each muffin slot, add the topping, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the muffins cool for a few minutes on a cooling rack.
- Top with chopped chives, and enjoy!!
Another great thing about this recipe is that you can make it according to your taste or what you have in the fridge. Here are some great ideas for combinations:
- Canned Tuna and Black Olives
- Smoked Salmon and Dill
- Pepperoni Slices
- Broccoli and Parmesan
Tips For Making The Best Egg Muffins
- To prevent your muffins from sticking to the pan, spray your pan with cooking oil spray or use some muffin tins.
- Make sure you chop the veggies and ham into the same size to ensure they are evenly cooked.
- The eggs may rise little while cooking, so ensure you don’t overfill the slots.
- Fridge: you can store any egg muffin leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Freezer: these gluten-free egg muffins are also freezer-friendly. Store them in freezer-safe bags in the freezer for up to 2 months.
When ready to enjoy, thaw them in the freezer overnight. Reheat them in the microwave for 2 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make These Egg Muffins With Other Toppings?
Sure, the ingredients used can be replaced according to taste and liking. For example, you can use chicken breast meat, cauliflower, broccoli, or any other ingredients you and your family like.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Sure, these keto egg muffins can be made in advance and enjoyed in the morning for breakfast. However, they are also great for work or school, along with some vegetables and crackers.
Keto Egg Muffins
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded monteray jack cheese
- 2 tbsp chives
- Preheat your oven to 375 F/ 190 C degrees.
- Spray a muffin tray with cooking spray.
- Add the eggs, salt, pepper, onion, and garlic powder to a large mixing bowl and mix until frothy and well combined.
- Chop the red bell pepper and ham.
- Fill each muffin slot halfway with egg mixture, then add the toppings.
- Bake the egg muffins for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped chives, and enjoy.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.