These keto pancakes are extra fluffy, thick, filling and are made with coconut flour. Delicious low carb pancakes that are super easy to make and perfect for breakfast. Enjoy coconut flour cream cheese pancakes! Serve with tons of butter and drown them in carb-free syrup!
Are you bored with the classic keto breakfast? Well, the keto diet is more than bacon, eggs, and avocado. These Keto Pancakes are the perfect breakfast for when you want something different, but still filling and delicious. I created the only low carb pancake recipe you’ll ever need.
You’ll also love my keto granola recipe!
These flourless pancakes got great feedback from all my family members, and it’s 100% child approved.
Fluffy & Thick Keto Pancakes with Coconut Flour Ingredients
I’m a huge fan of coconut flour since it’s so low in carbs, it’s packed with fiber, flavor and it’s way cheaper than almond flour. I use coconut flour to reduce the carbs in keto desserts and baked goods drastically.
- coconut flour
- heavy whipping cream or canned coconut milk*
- butter or coconut oil*
- cream cheese or coconut cream*
- vanilla extract
- Erythritol, Xylitol or Honey*
- baking powder
- lemon zest, optional but very tasty’
*substitutions for the paleo pancakes version
How many carbs are in the keto pancakes?
This recipe makes 3 servings of 2 keto pancakes. Each serving has 5g net carbs.
Can I eat coconut flour on a keto diet?
Yes, coconut flour is perfect for a ketogenic diet, as it’s very low in carbs and high in fiber. It’s my favorite low carb replacement for flour.
How many carbs are in coconut flour? Each tablespoon of coconut flour has 60 calories, 4g carbohydrates, 3g dietary fiber, so that’s a total of 1g net carbs.
NET CARBS = TOTAL CARBODYDRATES – FIBER – SUGAR ALCOHOLS (ERYTHRITOL, XYLITOL)
Can I replace the coconut flour with almond flour?
In this particular recipe trying to replace the coconut flour with almond flour will make pancakes completely different in macros and texture.
However, you can use almond flour instead, but you’ll have to add about 1 cup almond flour.
Foolproof Fluffy & Thick Keto Pancakes with Coconut Flour Recipe
- In a large mixing bowl add the eggs, heavy cream, melted butter, softened cream cheese, erythritol and vanilla extract. Combine all the ingredients using a hand mixer. You can add all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until well combined.
- Add coconut flour, baking powder, and cinnamon over the egg mixture. Continue mixing until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Let the pancake batter sit for about 4-5 minutes before cooking. The batter will slightly thicken as the coconut flour absorbs the liquid. If it’s too thick add a splash of plant-based unsweetened milk.
- Heat a non-stick pan over low-medium heat and melt a teaspoon of butter. Pour about 1/4 cup pancake batter onto the pan.
- Cook the pancake for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bubbles start to form, and the edges are golden. You can cover the pan while the pancakes are cooking to ensure it’s evenly cooked.
I’m still on the quest of finding the best keto pancakes syrup. Do you have some recommendations?