This Keto Nutella is super simple and requires just 3 ingredients and 10 minutes to make from scratch. Make a delicious homemade chocolate hazelnut spread that’s extra rich and creamy.
- 1 Is Nutella Keto-Friendly?
- 2 Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Nuella Recipe
- 3 Keto Nutella Ingredients
- 4 How To Make Keto Nutella
- 5 Tips For Making The Best Homemade Keto Nutella
- 6 How To Serve This Keto Nutella
- 7 Storing Ideas
- 8 More Keto Chocolate Desserts
- 9 Keto Nutella (3 Ingredients)
Is Nutella Keto-Friendly?
Nutella is not keto because it has a lot of added sugar, and for just 2 tablespoons, you get more than 23 grams of net carbs. Also, the main ingredients in Nutella are sugar and palm oil.
Fortunately, we have a great recipe for healthy Nutella that only contains 2g net carbs per tablespoon and tastes similar to the original.
Bonus, it’s loaded with healthy fats and fiber to keep you full and satisfied.
Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Nuella Recipe
- Surprisingly easy to make with just 3 ingredients
- Sper rich, creamy and healthy
- Only 2g net carbs per tablespoon
Keto Nutella Ingredients
Once you try this recipe, you’ll never return to the store-bought hazelnut spread. Here’s a note on the ingredients needed for this sugar-free Nutella recipe:
- Hazelnuts – Choose raw hazelnuts and roast them in the oven to release their natural oils. But you can also use dry roasted hazelnuts and skip the roasting step. If you’re not a fan of hazelnuts, feel free to use peanuts or almonds instead.
- Sweetener – feel free to use any sweetener you want; make sure it is powdered to ensure it mixes well.
- Cocoa Powder – The color and flavor of this homemade Nutella is influenced by the cocoa’s quality. Therefore, chose a high-quality unsweetened cocoa powder.
How To Make Keto Nutella
There are no secrets; just follow the instructions and enjoy the best Nutella hazelnut spread you will ever try. Here is everything you have to do:
- Start by toasting the hazelnuts for 10 minutes to release their natural oils.
- Gently rub the hazelnuts into a kitchen towel to remove most of the skins.
- Place your hazelnuts in a food processor or high-speed blender. Mix them for about three minutes to achieve a flour-like consistency. Stir the ground hazelnuts thoroughly with a rubber spatula. Blend for one additional minute at a time, scraping down the sides frequently. Blend thoroughly until a creamy nut butter forms.
- Add in the cocoa powder and sweetener and mix until well combined.
- Transfer your healthy Nutella into a storage container and enjoy it.
Tips For Making The Best Homemade Keto Nutella
- Use a powerful blender or food processor to transform the hazelnuts into creamy nut butter.
- Roast the nuts to release their natural oils to blend easier.
- Before adding the next ingredients, make sure your hazelnut butter is incredibly creamy to achieve that texture of a store-bought Nutella.
- Add vanilla extract and a pinch of salt for a distinct flavor.
How To Serve This Keto Nutella
- It pairs perfectly with your pancakes or crepes in the morning.
- You can enjoy it on a slice of keto bread.
- You can use it to dip your strawberries in it.
- Use it as a glaze for some keto donuts.
- Fridge – store this keto Nutella in a sealed glass jar in the refrigerator for up to one month.
- Freezer – you can also freeze this homemade Nutella for up to three months. To thaw keto Nutella, place the jar in the refrigerator the day before, then remove it from the oven and mix well.
More Keto Chocolate Desserts
- Coconut Flour Chocolate Cake
- The Best Keto Chocolate Cake
- The Best Chocolate Keto Lava Cake – Only 3g Carbs
- Chocolate Keto Mug Cake Recipe
Keto Nutella (3 Ingredients)
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the hazelnuts in a single layer. Roast for 10-12 minutes or until fragrant.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Transfer the roasted nuts to a clean kitchen towel and roll the nuts to remove most of the skins.
- Place the hazelnuts in a food processor or high-speed blender and blend for 5-8 minutes until a creamy nut butter forms. Scrape the sides if needed.
- Once the hazelnut butter looks creamy, add the sweetener and cocoa powder and continue blending until smooth. Add a few tablespoons of melted coconut oil if the mixture looks too thick. Blend again until well incorporated.
- Transfer the keto nutella to a clean jar or container.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.