This delicious avocado smoothie recipe is extremely easy to make, healthy, and creamy. Ready in just 5 minutes with 5 ingredients, you’ll enjoy a refreshing and filling breakfast smoothie.
A tasty green smoothie is the best way to start the day and keeps you full for hours. The combination of avocado and spinach creates an exceptionally healthy and filling smoothie. In addition, spinach has a light flavor that’s not overpowering.
This dairy-free avocado smoothie is an excellent source of healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, protein, and fiber that’s incredibly thick and creamy.
It might sound strange to add avocado to a smoothie, but you’ll be surprised to learn that avocado is fantastic in keto desserts such as keto avocado brownies or chocolate avocado mousse.
However, my favorite way to use leftover avocado is to make this creamy avocado smoothie.
- 1 Why Use Avocado In Smoothies?
- 2 Why Are You Going To Love This Avocado Smoothie Recipe
- 3 Are Smoothies Keto Friendly?
- 4 Avocado Smoothie Ingredients
- 5 How To Make The Best Keto Avocado Smoothie
- 6 Recipe Variations
- 7 Tips for Making the Best Avocado Smoothie
- 8 Storing Ideas
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 More Keto Breakfast Recipes
- 11 Keto Avocado Smoothie
Why Use Avocado In Smoothies?
I love using ripe avocados in smoothies because it blends well with other ingredient creating a silky smooth and thick texture. Avocado is also loaded with healthy fats such as monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which help to keep you feeling full and satisfied for longer periods of time.
Avocados are loaded with fiber, vitamins, and minerals and add tons of nutrients and flavor to the smoothie.
Why Are You Going To Love This Avocado Smoothie Recipe
- Easy to make. You’ll need just 5 basic ingredients and just 5 minutes to prep.
- Extra creamy, thick, and delicious.
- Satisfying and filling. Adding avocado to your smoothie can help you start the day on a healthy note.
- No sugar healthy smoothie recipe perfect for breakfast.
- Super Versatile. This smoothie pairs perfectly with other ingredients, such as berries, greens, nuts, and seeds.
I love to have this keto green smoothie as a delicious low carb breakfast, but sometimes I’ll make it instead of a keto dessert to curb those cravings.
Are Smoothies Keto Friendly?
Regular smoothies are not keto-friendly because they are high in carbohydrates from added sugar, regular milk, and fruits.
Luckily, you can still enjoy smoothies if you choose to make a keto smoothie recipe that contains only low carb ingredients.
Avocado Smoothie Ingredients
Another great thing about this smoothie recipe is that it has easy and simple ingredients. Check the list below and see what ingredients you’ll need:
- Avocado – This is the main ingredient of this recipe. So make sure you use ripe avocados to create a creamy and delicious smoothie. Ripe avocados tend to have a mild flavor, so it pairs perfectly with other ingredients.
- Milk – You can use any type of milk you want. Our favorite options include unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk, and macadamia milk. In this recipe, we used a combination of almond and coconut milk.
- Spinach – you can use fresh or frozen spinach.
- Lime – this one will give this smoothie a tropical flavor.
How To Make The Best Keto Avocado Smoothie
Making a smoothie for breakfast can’t get any easier. You’ll just need a blender to mix all the ingredients. Pour into glasses and enjoy!
A great thing about this recipe is that you can make it according to your taste. Here are some great ideas:
- Use frozen avocado: You can use frozen avocado if you want a super creamy and thick smoothie.
- Add your favorite nuts or seeds: Chia, hemp, or flax seeds can make excellent additions. They also include some plant-based omega-3 fatty acids and a lot of beneficial fats.
- Chocolate flavor: add a tbsp of cocoa powder to the smoothie before blending.
- Tropical avocado smoothie: Add pineapple, mango, and coconut milk to make a tropical-flavored smoothie that will transport you to a beach paradise.
- Berry avocado smoothie: Add frozen berries such as strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries to your avocado smoothie for a burst of flavor and antioxidants.
- Matcha avocado smoothie: Add matcha powder to create a creamy and energizing green smoothie.
- Add greek yogurt to make the creamiest avocado smoothie you will ever try.
Tips for Making the Best Avocado Smoothie
- Use ripe avocados: Make sure your avocados are ripe, soft, and easy to scoop out. Under-ripe avocados will result in a bitter taste and a gritty texture.
- Use a powerful blender: A high-speed blender will ensure that all the ingredients are blended smoothly and evenly.
- Add liquid in small increments: Start by adding a small amount of liquid (such as almond milk or coconut water) to the blender and add more as needed to achieve your desired consistency. Adding too much liquid can result in a watery smoothie.
- Experiment with other ingredients: You can add protein powder, fruits, greens, nuts, seeds, to your smoothie.
- Serve immediately: Avocado smoothies are best served fresh. If you need to make it ahead of time, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for no longer than a few hours.
- Fridge – These smoothies are great to consume fresh, but you can also store them in the fridge for one day. Give it a quick mix before serving.
- Freezer – it’s possible to freeze smoothies. Freeze the smoothie in an ice cube tray for up to one month. When ready to serve, blend the frozen smoothie cubes and enjoy
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Avocado Keto Friendly?
Yes, avocados are good for a ketogenic diet. For example, a medium avocado is a great choice because it has 160 calories, 7 grams of fiber, and only 2 grams of net carbs.
Are Avocado Smoothies Healthy?
Sure, avocado smoothies are an excellent source of healthy fats and nutrients, giving you more energy and helping you build muscle mass. These smoothies can be served for breakfast, as a simple snack during the day, or before a workout, being very delicious and nutritious.
Can I Make This Smoothie Ahead Of Time?
Sure, you can prepare your avocado smoothie in the evening and enjoy it in the morning as a quick and delicious breakfast.
What Fruits Pairs Great With This Avocado Smoothie?
You can add any fruit to this avocado smoothie. The only things that will change will be the texture and the flavor, which will be much better. Feel free to add low carb berries such as strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries.
More Keto Breakfast Recipes
- Keto Low Carb Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Perfect Homemade Keto Waffles with Almond Flour
- Easy Keto Oatmeal
- Foolproof Fluffy & Thick Keto Pancakes with Coconut Flour
Keto Avocado Smoothie
- 2 large ripe avocado fresh or frozen
- 1 cup canned coconut milk full fat
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 6 drops sweetener
- Place all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- This smoothie is thick, but if you prefer a thinner smoothie add more almond milk and blend again.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.