This lemon pepper chicken marinade is quick, easy to make, and full of fresh, vibrant flavor. This lemon marinade for chicken not only adds tons of flavor to the chicken but also tenderizes the meat, making it tasty, moist, and juicy on the inside.
Fresh and tasty, with a note of spices, this easy marinade is excellent for chicken and can be made in minutes with just a few simple ingredients.
This delicious lemon pepper marinade is everything you’ve ever wanted in a marinade recipe. It’s the kind of marinade that elevates any dish to restaurant-quality status. This lemony marinade is wonderfully rich and can be used for chicken, seafood, and even salads as a dressing.
The secret is to let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes, but preferably for 4-5 hours.
- 1 What Is A Chicken Marinade?
- 2 Lemon Garlic Chicken Marinade Ingredients
- 3 How To Make Lemon Pepper Marinade
- 4 Tips & Variation
- 5 Storing Ideas For This Lemon Pepper Marinade
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
- 7 More Chicken Recipes
- 8 Lemon Pepper Chicken Marinade
What Is A Chicken Marinade?
A marinade is a delicious liquid combination of oil, herbs, and spices to add flavor and make the meat more tender. Marinating is the technique of pre-cooking meals in a seasoned, generally acidic liquid. The word comes from the use of brine in the pickling process, which led to the practice of flavoring liquids by immersion.
Lemon Garlic Chicken Marinade Ingredients
- Olive Oil – I used extra virgin olive oil for the best flavor, although avocado oil would also work. It keeps the chicken super moist and juicy.
- Lemon – you will need both lemon zest and juice for this marinade. The acidity of lemon makes the meat tender.
- Garlic – adds a unique rich flavor that pairs perfectly with this lemon pepper marinade.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste, but you can also add your favorite seasonings.
How To Make Lemon Pepper Marinade
Well, my friends, you need to know that this recipe it’s incredibly simple to prepare. It takes no more than 5 minutes to prepare while preparing the main course.
- First, you will have to wash the lemon, grate the zest, squeeze the juice, and then mince the garlic.
- Now all you have to do is add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix them well.
- Place the chicken into a shallow bowl and pour the marinade to coat completely. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
Tips & Variation
- Use high-quality virgin olive oil if possible.
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice instead of lemon juice concentrate from a bottle. The flavor will be much more intense.
- Add red pepper chili flakes to this marinade for a spicy kick.
- Fresh chopped parsley is another great ingredient that will pair perfectly with this recipe.
Storing Ideas For This Lemon Pepper Marinade
- Fridge – You can store the marinade in the fridge in an airtight container for about five days.
- Freezer – Believe it or not, this marinade can also be frozen in zip-lock bags for up to 2 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Use This Lemon Pepper Marinade
Transfer the lemon pepper marinade to a big zip lock bag, add the chicken breast, and toss it around to coat it in the marinade. Let your chicken breast marinate for at least 30 minutes, then cook your chicken.
How Long To Marinate Chicken?
Although a marinade isn’t required to tenderize chicken, it can substantially increase the flavor. The marinating period for chicken should be between 30 minutes and 12 hours.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Definitely, you can make this marinade recipe ahead of time, store it in a glass jar and use it whenever you want to make a juicy and delicious chicken.
More Chicken Recipes
- Creamy Mushroom Chicken Thighs Recipe
- One-Pan Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken
- Cajun Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Crispy Baked Keto Chicken Nuggets
Lemon Pepper Chicken Marinade
- ¼ cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the olive Oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, minced garlic, black pepper, and sea salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Place the chicken and marinade into a shallow dish or resealable bag. Marinate chicken for 2 to 12 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook in your favorite way.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.