This keto mug cake is one of those quick (90
Calling out all my chocolate lovers out there? It’s probably obvious that I’m a huge chocolate fan and I’m always craving my keto brownies, keto chocolate cake, or coconut flour chocolate cake.
Sometimes I just get hit hard by a chocolate craving and I make the easiest chocolate dessert, that super moist and ready in less than 5 minutes. It’s one of those recipes that you’ll make over and over again. With a brownie like texture, this low carb mug cake is one of the most indulgent desserts that’s actually made using wholesome ingredients.
- 1 Why Is This The Best Keto Mug Cake Recipe
- 2 How To Make Keto Mug Cake
- 3 Tips For Making The Best Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
- 4 How To Store
- 5 More Keto Chocolate Desserts
- 6 Chocolate Keto Mug Cake Recipe
Why Is This The Best Keto Mug Cake Recipe
- Ready in just 60 seconds
- Super fluffy cake texture
- The perfect treat for a sweet tooth
- Made with easy to find ingredients
- Super customizable
How To Make Keto Mug Cake
Ingredients You’ll Need
If you crave a quick low carb dessert, this keto chocolate mug cake is here for you and ready in 90 seconds.
Try this rich and chocolatey mug cake that can also be paleo friendly. Just replace the whipping cream with coconut milk (the canned one), and it turns out perfectly. If you prefer, use coconut sugar instead of erythritol.
You’ll see that instead of wheat flour, I use a blend cocoa powder and coconut flour.
The mug cake has a fluffy texture, and you can have this dessert even if you have an allergy to almonds. On top of that, coconut flour is cheaper and has fewer net carbs than almond flour.
- cocoa powder – Use a good quality cocoa powder: The quality of the cocoa powder will greatly affect the flavor of the mug cake, so make sure to use a high-quality, unsweetened cocoa powder.
- coconut flour – provides structure and keeps the cake low in carbs while adding fiber.
- sweetener – Feel free to adjust the amount of sweetener to your liking. I used erythritol to sweeten this keto mug cake, but you can try using other low-carb sweeteners such as stevia or monk fruit sweeteners.
- egg – binds all the ingredients together while adding moisture. Use room-temperature eggs.
- heavy cream – for extra richness and creaminess.
- baking powder – helps the mug cake become super fluffy.
- vanilla extract – enhances the overall flavor of this keto microwave cake.
- sugar-free chocolate chips (optional) – Lily’s Chocolate Chips are the best out there. You can also use chopped dark chocolate instead.
Make The Keto Mug Cake Batter
The method for the mug cake is effortless. All you have to do is to check your pantry and fridge to see if you have all the ingredients. Then follow the steps, and you’ll have a beautiful, decadent cake that screams on an excellent keto ice cream on top.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, heavy whipping cream, melted coconut oil (or butter), salt, and vanilla extract.
Add the dry ingredients: cocoa powder, coconut flour, erythritol, and baking powder, and mix well with a spatula until smooth.
Transfer the batter to a greased mug. Top it with unsweetened chocolate chips (optional).
Cooking The Keto Mug Cake
Microwave on high for 90 seconds. Be aware that cooking time can vary depending on your microwave. My keto mug cake is perfect after exactly 90 seconds at 800W (max temp.).
Enjoy the keto mug cake with a cup of keto coffee for breakfast!
Tips For Making The Best Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
- Don’t overcook the mug cake. It needs less than 90 seconds, so check it often. Microwave ovens vary in power! Overcooking can result in a dry and rubbery texture.
- If you don’t want to use the microwave, bake at 350°F (180°C) for about 10 minutes or until set.
- Use a large enough mug: Make sure to use a large enough mug, as the batter will rise and expand as it cooks. A 6-8 ounce mug should work well.
- Measure the ingredients accurately: The recipe calls for specific ratios of ingredients to ensure the right texture and flavor, so be sure to measure the ingredients precisely.
- Try not to over-mix the batter as it may make your cake tough instead of fluffy.
- You can use a vegan egg substitute to make this keto mug cake.
- Mix one tablespoon of peanut butter into the batter just before cooking.
- For dairy-free mug cake, replace heavy cream with coconut cream and coconut oil.
This keto chocolate mug cake is not only delicious but also packed with healthy fats, fiber, and protein to keep you satisfied and on track with your low-carb diet. So next time you have a sweet tooth, skip the processed and high-carb desserts and make this easy and guilt-free Keto Chocolate Mug Cake in just 90 seconds!
How To Store
The keto chocolate mug cake is perfect for enjoying after it’s cooked, as the texture and flavor will be at their best. However, if you have leftovers, here’s how to store them:
- Cover the mug: Cover the mug with plastic wrap or a lid to prevent it from drying out.
- Refrigerate: Place the mug in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Reheat in the microwave: When ready to eat, remove the mug cake from the refrigerator and reheat it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds or until it’s warm.
Note: Keep in mind that the texture of the mug cake may change after being stored and reheated. It may become slightly more dense and not as fluffy as when it was first cooked.
More Keto Chocolate Desserts
- Keto Chocolate Muffins
- The Best Keto Chocolate Cake
- Easy Keto Chocolate Frosting (5 Minute Recipe)
- The Best Chocolate Keto Lava Cake – Only 3g Carbs
Chocolate Keto Mug Cake Recipe
- 2 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- 2 large egg room temperature
- 2 tbsp heavy cream or canned coconut cream
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp unsweetened chocolate chips optional
- In a medium bowl whisk together the egg, heavy whipping cream, melted coconut oil (or butter), salt, vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients: cocoa powder, coconut flour, erythritol, baking powder and mix well with a spatula until smooth.
- Transfer the batter to a greased mug. Top it with unsweetened chocolate chips (optional).
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds. Be aware that cooking time can vary depending on your microwave. My keto mug cake is perfect after exactly 90 seconds at 800W (max temp.).
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.