Pan-fried creamy mushroom chicken is smothered in a garlic-infused creamy sauce with spinach and mushrooms, and it’s definitely the perfect chicken dinner. This Creamy chicken is filled with so much flavor and super easy to make.
If you are looking for an irresistible creamy chicken recipe that’s super quick to make in just 30 minutes, this recipe is for you. It’s one of the most delicious ways to cook chicken breast.
Say goodbye to the boring chicken breast because this creamy parmesan sauce will impress everyone in your family!
Serve chicken with a creamy sauce made with garlic, parmesan, spinach, and mushrooms. It’s super versatile, a family favorite, and can be paired with any side dish, even pasta!
A creamy sauce accompanies the perfectly juicy pan-fried chicken breast. Parmesan cheese is an ingredient that’s never missing from my creamy sauces recipes.
Watch the video below to see how EASY it is to make this creamy chicken recipe!
- 1 Why Are You Going to Low This Chicken in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Ingredients for Creamy Mushroom Chicken
- 2.1 Creamy Parmesan Garlic Sauce Ingredients
- 2.2 How To Make the Creamiest Chicken Breast
- 2.3 Tips and Variations
- 2.4 Best Sides for Creamy Garlic Chicken Breasts
- 2.5 How Can I Store This Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken
- 2.6 More Easy Chicken Recipes
- 2.7 One-Pan Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken
Why Are You Going to Low This Chicken in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- The sauce is super thick and creamy.
- Ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Perfect for the whole family.
- A naturally low carb keto chicken recipe.
- The chicken is juicy and tender.
Ingredients for Creamy Mushroom Chicken
The ingredients for the creamiest chicken recipe are super common and easy to find. Make sure you’re using full-fat heavy cream for a rich chicken sauce.
- Chicken Breast – Boneless thighs or even turkey breasts can be used instead of chicken breast. This lean protein pairs perfectly with the rich sauce.
- Olive Oil – to pan-sear the chicken until golden brown. You can also replace it with butter or avocado oil.
- Salt&Pepper – to season the chicken, you also add some garlic powder or smoked paprika.
Creamy Parmesan Garlic Sauce Ingredients
- Butter – I like to use unsalted one, but if you choose to use a salted one, make sure that you reduce the amount of salt you are using.
- Garlic – fresh garlic is required for this recipe because it adds an intense taste to the sauce.
- Mushrooms – You can use any mushrooms such as white mushrooms, cremini, or Baby Bella. Broccoli, green beans, spinach, and zucchini are other vegetable alternatives.
- Spinach – I recommended using fresh baby spinach, but you can also use frozen spinach. Allow thawing for a few minutes before mixing into the mushroom sauce.
- Heavy Cream – makes the sauce creamy and rich.
- Parmesan Cheese – booster of flavor! Adding parmesan cheese enhances the savory flavor and provides deep flavor. It also aids in the thickening of the sauce, so you won’t need to add extra flour.
How To Make the Creamiest Chicken Breast
As usual, this delicious parmesan garlic mushroom chicken recipe is extremely easy to make and is perfect for making ahead of time. Here is everything you have to do:
- Prepare the chicken breast- Slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder on both sides.
- Cook the chicken– In a non-stick pan, add the olive oil and cook the chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side until the edges look golden brown.
- Cook the mushrooms– Remove the chicken from the pan, add the mushrooms, and cook them until they are tender.
- Make the creamy chicken sauce– Add butter and minced garlic over the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the spinach, chicken broth, heavy cream, and grated parmesan. Mix and simmer for 5-6 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Serve! Return the chicken breast, coat with plenty of creamy mushroom sauce, and serve immediately with your favorite side dish.
Tips and Variations
- You can use evaporated milk for a light creamy sauce, whipping cream, or thickened cream in the sauce.
- You may make this dish with chicken thighs. Cooking time may need to be adjusted slightly.
- Add a pinch of xanthan gum or corn starch to make the sauce thicker.
- You can add extra veggies to the sauce, like sliced peppers or broccoli.
- Add some crushed red pepper flakes if you want this dish to be extra spicy.
Best Sides for Creamy Garlic Chicken Breasts
I like to serve this dish simple as it is, but if you want, you can pair it with your favorite side dish such as:
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Cauliflower Rice
- Crispy Parmesan Roasted Brussels
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Zucchini Noodles
How Can I Store This Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken
- Fridge: Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Freezer: I don’t recommend freezing recipes made with heavy cream as it may curdle.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Creamy Mushroom Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Cajun Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Crispy Baked Keto Chicken Nuggets
- Easy Baked Keto Chicken Meatballs
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce
One-Pan Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts sliced in half lengthwise to make 6 chicken pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Creamy Parmesan Garlic Sauce:
- 1 cup spinach fresh or frozen
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup full fat heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare the chicken: Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise to form 6 chicken cutlets. Season the chicken on both sides with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Cook the chicken breast for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan, and keep warm.
- Cook mushrooms: In the same skillet, add olive oil and cook the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make the creamy sauce: Add the butter and garlic over the mushrooms. Cook until fragrant for 1-2 minutes. Then add the spinach, chicken broth, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Lower the heat, and simmer for 2 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Return the chicken to the sauce and allow to simmer for a minute to heat through.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.