This Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole has all the traditional flavors of cordon bleu but in a different presentation. Everyone loves this easy dinner recipe that’s loaded with shredded chicken, ham, and a creamy cheese sauce.
If you love chicken cordon bleu but you’re not willing to bread, stuff, and deep fry, then you have to try this easy recipe that tastes similar. Instead of all those complicated steps, we just dump all the ingredients into a casserole and bake until golden.
Just like my crustless pizza recipe, this chicken casserole is easy to make and perfect if you are following a keto or low carb diet.
The layers of shredded chicken are topped with ham, a delicious cheese sauce, Swiss cheese, and Parmesan cheese for more flavor.
- 1 Why Are You Going To Love This Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Recipe
- 2 Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Ingredients
- 3 How To Make Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- 4 Tips and Variations
- 5 Storing Ideas
- 6 Serving Ideas
- 7 More Chicken Recipes
- 8 Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Why Are You Going To Love This Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Recipe
- An easy weeknight dinner that everyone loves.
- Loaded with protein is perfect for a low carb or keto diet.
- Make it ahead of time and store it in the fridge or freezer.
- You won’t miss the breading.
- The perfect comfort food.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Ingredients
My casserole version of cordon bleu is always a hit in my family, and everyone keeps asking for more. Here’s a note on the ingredients:
- Shredded Chicken – any leftover chicken will work, but Rotisserie chicken is my favorite because it is super flavorful.
- Ham – Any type you prefer.
- Butter – use unsalted butter or avocado oil.
- Cream Cheese – makes the sauce super creamy.
- Dijon Mustard – this ingredient is used for regular cordon bleu, so we used it for that authentic flavor.
- Garlic Powder – you can also use fresh garlic if you want a strong flavor.
- Swiss Cheese – You can use either shredded cheese or slices.
- Lemon Juice – freshly squeezed.
How To Make Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
I love how easy it is to make this recipe and how delicious it is. You will need one large bowl, a baking dish, and a couple of minutes to Here is everything you have to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Make the sauce: In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, cream cheese, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until smooth and creamy.
- Assemble the casserole: Place the shredded chicken into the bottom of a 9×13-inch casserole dish. Top with cubed ham, spread cheese sauce, Swiss cheese, and parmesan.
- Bake: Place the baking dish into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken casserole is bubbly and the cheese looks golden brown on top.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, and serve.
Tips and Variations
- Vegetables: add mushrooms, broccoli, or cauliflower.
- Replace the cheese sauce with ranch dressing sauce. It will taste incredibly delicious.
- Don’t overbake your chicken casserole; otherwise, the chicken will become too dry.
- Broil: If the top of your chicken cordon bleu casserole isn’t as golden brown as you’d like it to be, set the oven on broil for a few minutes.
- Use a different cheese if you’re not a fan of Swiss Cheese. Use mozzarella, provolone, or cheddar instead.
- Fridge: You can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to seven days.
- Freezer: I do not recommend freezing this dish because the cheese sauce will change its texture and taste.
- Reheating: You can reheat the leftovers in the oven for about five minutes.
This easy-to-make chicken cordon bleu casserole is rich and nutritious and can be served as it is. But, you can pair it with many side dishes:
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Keto Frech Fries
- Cauliflower Rice
More Chicken Recipes
- Juicy Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenders
- Creamy Mushroom Chicken Thighs Recipe
- One-Pan Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken
- Crispy Baked Chicken Nuggets
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- 6 cups shredded chicken
- 10 oz ham cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F/ 180C.
- Arrange the shredded chicken in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with ham pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, cream cheese, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Evenly spread the cream cheese sauce over the chicken and ham. Add the shredded cheese and parmesan on top.
- Bake the chicken cordon casserole for 30-35 minutes until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.