This refreshing and healthy creamy cucumber salad recipe is delicious and incredibly easy to make with common ingredients. With its creamy and tangy dressing, crisp cucumbers, and zesty red onions, this easy cucumber salad recipe is a satisfying side dish that pairs well with grilled meats or can be enjoyed on its own.
Salads are an easy, simple dish that’s always great for a quick lunch or a side dish. Whether we are talking about antipasto salad, taco salad, or this easy cumber salad, they are all extremely delicious because they are full of different flavors.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it can be prepared in just a few minutes, with minimal effort, so you can enjoy it anytime. So below, we will tell you how to prepare an authentic creamy cucumber salad.
Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy summer salad or a light and healthy side dish, this creamy cucumber salad recipe is the perfect choice.
- 1 Why Are You Going To Love This Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 2 Ingredients For Creamy Cucumber Salad
- 3 How To Make This Creamy Cucumber Salad
- 4 Tips and Variations
- 5 Storing Ideas
- 6 Serving Ideas
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8 More Salad Recipes
- 9 Creamy Cucumber Salad
Why Are You Going To Love This Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe
- It’s quick and easy to make in only 10 minutes.
- A healthy and delicious side dish that’s perfect for summer gatherings
- It’s a versatile recipe to pair with your favorite dish.
- Has a refreshing taste that is perfect for those hot summer days.
- Made from easy-to-find ingredients.
Ingredients For Creamy Cucumber Salad
This recipe for cucumber salad needs only a few ingredients that are easy to find in almost any grocery store. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Cucumbers – this is the main ingredient for this recipe, so make sure that you are using fresh cucumbers. When selecting cucumbers for this salad, look for firm cucumbers with no soft spots or wrinkles. The fresher the cucumber, the better the salad will taste.
- Sour Cream – makes this cucumber salad creamy and balances the sourness from the lemon juice or vinegar.
- Olive Oil – adds richness to the salad.
- Lemon Juice – you can also use white vinegar.
- Dill – fresh chopped dill for an intense flavor.
- Garlic Powder – you can replace it with fresh minced garlic.
- Red Onion – you can also use yellow onion if you want.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
How To Make This Creamy Cucumber Salad
This is one of the easiest salad recipes I have ever tried, and I always make it whenever I need a quick and refreshing side dish. Here are the instructions that you need to follow:
Make The Dill Dressing
Add the sour cream, chopped dill, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Whisk the ingredients together until well combined, and then season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
Prepare The Vegetables
Wash the cucumber and red onion, and then slice them thinly using a sharp knife or a mandoline.
Mix the Salad
Add the sliced cucumber and red onion to the bowl of dressing, and then use a silicone spatula to mix everything together until well combined.
Garnish the salad with fresh chopped dill, and then serve and enjoy. This creamy dill cucumber salad is perfect for backyard barbecues, picnics, or anytime you want a light and refreshing side dish.
Tips and Variations
- Use seedless cucumbers for this salad since they are less watery.
- Make the dressing in advance and keep it refrigerated until ready to use.
- You can add some chopped nuts to the salad for a crunchy texture.
- Add some red pepper chili flakes for a salty cucumber salad.
- Let the salad chill before serving it to let all the flavor enhance.
- You can make this salad lighter by replacing the sour cream with Greek yogurt.
- Fridge: You can store any cucumber salad leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Once you taste this cucumber salad recipe, you will discover that it pairs well with many summery dishes. Here are some great ideas:
- Grilled or Oven Roasted Chicken
- This salad is perfect for backyard barbecues, picnics, or anytime you want a light and refreshing side dish.
- Chicken or pork kabobs
- Stuffed Chicken Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Freeze This Creamy Cucumber Salad?
This salad can not be stored in the freezer since the cucumber doesn’t freeze well.
Can I Make This Salad Ahead Of Time?
Sure, in fact, this homemade cucumber salad recipe tastes even better after the flavors have had time to enhance in the fridge.
Can I Add Other Ingredients To The Salad?
Yes, feel free to add your favorite ingredients to this salad, such as chopped nuts, herbs, or other vegetables.
More Salad Recipes
Creamy Cucumber Salad
- 2 long English cucumbers sliced into 1/4" slices
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Add the sour cream, chopped dill, minced garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Whisk until well combined. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Slice the cucumber and red onion using a sharp knife or a mandoline.
- Add the cucumbers and onion over the dressing and mix using a silicone spatula until everything is well combined.
- Garnish with fresh chopped dill, and enjoy.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.