Learn how to prepare this delicious roasted carrots recipe that is ready in less than 30 minutes using a few ingredients. Super easy to prepare in the oven and extremely versatile, this side dish recipe pairs perfectly with many main dishes to create a complete meal.
You will see how easy and quick these delicious caramelized carrots are to prepare in the oven! You will need a few minutes to prep them, and the oven will do the rest while you prepare the main dish.
I am a huge fan of side dishes and often choose to prepare them alongside steaks and more. And these baked carrots have become one of my favorite side dishes ever.
So make this recipe if you are looking for a quick, easy-to-make side dish that pairs great with anything you have for dinner.
- 1 Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- 2 Ingredients For These Roasted Carrots
- 3 How To Make These Roasted Carrots
- 4 Tips For Making The Best Baked Carrots
- 5 Recipe Variations
- 6 Are Carrots Healthy?
- 7 Storing Ideas
- 8 Serving Ideas
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 Roasted Carrots
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- It’s an extremely easy recipe.
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
- You can make them ahead of time.
- It’s a versatile recipe.
- It goes perfectly with many main dishes.
Ingredients For These Roasted Carrots
You will need only a few ingredients that are easy to find to create this delicious side dish. Here is everything you will need:
- Carrots – use fresh carrots that have no brown spots.
- Olive Oil – you can use any other vegetable oil that you like.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste. You can also add other seasonings like garlic powder or paprika.
- Parsley – used to garnish.
How To Make These Roasted Carrots
You will love these oven-roasted carrots once you see how easy it is to prepare. Here is everything you have to do:
- Start by preheating the oven to 220 degrees C, and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Wash and clean the carrots, then cut them into equal sizes.
- Add the carrots to a bowl and season with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Toss well to combine.
- Transfer them to the baking dish in a single layer and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and garnish the roasted carrots with fresh parsley.
Tips For Making The Best Baked Carrots
- The carrots should be cut into equal pieces. By doing this, the carrots will roast evenly.
- Broil the carrots for 2 minutes before they are ready to obtain crunchy baked carrots.
- You can wrap each carrot in a bacon slice for a smoky and intense flavor.
- You can garnish them with some grated parmesan.
- You can add some mashed garlic over the carrots before baking them.
- If you like eating spicy, you can season them with red pepper chili flakes.
Are Carrots Healthy?
Sure, a carrot is a root vegetable that is good for your health. Here are some health benefits of eating carrots:
- They are good for your eyes. In studies, carotenoids, an antioxidant pigment in carrots, have been linked to a reduced risk of age-related macular degeneration.
- They are beneficial to your heart. Increased consumption of carrots has been associated with studies to decrease cholesterol levels, which lowers the risk of heart disease.
- They are a fantastic source of vitamin A, which supports the body’s ability to fight infection.
- Fridge: You can store these baked carrots in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to three days.
To reheat them, place the roasted carrots on a lined baking sheet and roast them in the oven for 5-10 minutes longer.
A great thing about this recipe is that it can be paired with many main dishes. Here are some great ideas:
- Oven Baked Salmon
- Keto Meatloaf
- Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Garlic Mushroom Chicken
- Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenders
- Bruschetta Chicken
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Stuffed Chicken Breast
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Should I Bake The Carrots?
The baking time of carrots depends greatly on their thickness and tenderness.
Do I Have To Pell The Carrots?
Technically, I wouldn’t peel them, but it makes them look nicer. Baby carrots don’t have to peel; wash and remove any dirt.
- 2 lbs carrots washed peeled, and cut in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C and line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Wash and cut the carrots equal in size.
- Add them to a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer the carrots to the baking sheet and arrange them in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes until they are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Serve warm, garnished with fresh chopped parsley.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.