Learn how to make the best keto zucchini lasagna recipe that’s super easy to make and has only 8g net carbs per serving. This lasagna recipe is gluten-free, cheesy, and loaded with delicious flavors.
Once I tried this keto lasagna recipe, it became a staple in our house, and I choose to make it anytime I want to make some delicious and easy to make for dinner.
Made with some delicious layers of zucchini slices, meat sauce, and melty cheese, this rich and delicious keto lasagna taste like the real thing but without all those carbs.
Who would have thought you could still enjoy lasagna even if you are on a keto diet? Well, this recipe is proof. A great thing about this recipe is that it is made with zucchini noodles instead of those full of carbs and tastes even better than regular ones.
- 1 Is Zucchini Lasagna Keto-Friendly?
- 2 Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- 3 Ingredients For Keto Lasagna
- 4 How To Make This Keto Lasagna
- 5 Tips And Variations For Making The Best Keto Zucchini Lasagna
- 6 Storing Ideas
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8 Keto Zucchini Lasagna
Is Zucchini Lasagna Keto-Friendly?
Sure, since it’s made with zucchini slices and other naturally low-carb ingredients, this zucchini lasagna recipe is a keto-friendly version of the traditional Italian dish.
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
- Easy to make.
- It’s a versatile recipe.
- Has only 8g net carbs per serving
- You can make it ahead of time.
- Taste like the regular one but without all those carbs.
Ingredients For Keto Lasagna
You will need only a few easy-to-find ingredients to create this delicious keto lasagna. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Zucchini – since this ingredient replaces classic noodles, make sure you use a firm and ripe one.
- Ground Beef – use 85% lean meat if you don’t want to drain tons of fat once it is done cooking.
- Onion&Garlic – use fresh garlic and onion to boost the sauce flavor.
- Mix Of Cheese – I used mozzarella, parmesan, and ricotta cheese. Feel free to use your favorite one.
- Tomato Sauce – you can make it at home or buy it from the store. Just make sure that it doesn’t have any added sugar.
- Olive Oil – you can also replace it with avocado oil.
- Basil&Oregano – you will need dried basil and oregano. Or you can replace it with your favorite dried herbs.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
How To Make This Keto Lasagna
Another great thing about this recipe is that it is super easy to make, and the result is extremely delicious. Here is everything you need to do:
- Start by preheating the oven to 190 degrees.
- Make the zucchini noodles. Cut the zucchini into 1/8″ thick slices using a mandoline, then put them on paper towels.
- Sprinkle salt on both sides of the zucchini and set aside 10-15 minutes to remove any moisture.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add the ground beef and cook until it is no longer pink.
- Add the tomatoes, seasonings and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pat dry the zucchini slices with a clean paper towel.
- Assemble the keto lasagna. Grease a baking casserole with olive oil, then add a layer of meat sauce. Continue with zucchini and a layer of cheese, and repeat until there are no remaining ingredients.
- Bake the lasagna for 30 minutes covered with aluminum foil, then remove the foil and bake 20 minutes more until crispy.
- Once baked, remove it from the oven and enjoy!!
Tips And Variations For Making The Best Keto Zucchini Lasagna
- You can choose to grill the zucchini slices to prevent your lasagna from becoming too watery and add a boost of flavor to this recipe.
- Don’t overbake the lasagna because it will become too dry.
- You can replace the ricotta cheese with full-fat cream cheese if you want.
- Add some red pepper chili flakes for a nice kick.
- Fridge – you can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freezer – you can also freeze this lasagna in individual containers for up to one month.
Thaw it in the fridge overnight and reheat it in the microwave.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Zucchini Lasagna?
This zucchini lasagna is a healthier version of the classic Italian dish. It’s healthier since it’s made with zucchini slices instead of regular wheat lasagna sheets, making it taste better without all those carbs.
Can I Make This Recipe With Another Type Of Meat?
This keto lasagna will taste the same as delicious if you replace ground beef with chicken or turkey ground beef.
Can I Make This Recipe Without Zucchini?
Sure, you can replace the zucchini with eggplant or mushrooms, and it will taste the same as delicious as this recipe.
How To Slice Zucchini?
You can make the zucchini slices using a mandolin or cut them with a knife. Just make sure not to cut yourself.
Can I Make A Vegetarian Version Of This Recipe?
Sure, if you are following a vegetarian diet, you can still make this recipe by replacing ground beef with 2 cups of your favorite sauteed vegetables or mushrooms.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Yes, prepare and assemble the keto lasagna as we did in this recipe, then cover it with plastic foil and store it in the fridge until you want to bake it.
Keto Zucchini Lasagna
- 2-3 medium zucchini sliced 1/8 inches thick
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F /190°C.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/8″ thick slices using a mandoline and arrange them on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Salt the zucchini slices on both sides, and set aside for 10 minutes. This step will help to remove the excess moisture.
- Pat dry the zucchini with a clean paper towel.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil and saute the onion and the garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook for 10 minutes until no longer pink. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the tomato sauce and seasonings and mix until well combined.
- Simmer on low for 5 minutes until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Combine the mozzarella, ricotta, and parmesan in a mixing bowl.
- Grease an 8X8″ casserole with olive oil. Spread 1/2 cup of meat sauce on the bottom and top with a layer of zucchini. Over the zucchini, add 1/3 of the cheese filling, spreading it as evenly as possible. Repeat until all the ingredients are used up. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20 more minutes until the edges look crispy. Let it cool for about 20 minutes before slicing.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.