This keto green bean casserole is a staple holiday low carb side dish. Made with fresh green beans and a creamy mushroom soup sauce that is ready in 40 minutes. It’s a crowd favorite, especially on Thanksgiving but not only.
Made with just a few easy ingredients, this delicious green bean casserole is the perfect side dish for a busy weeknight dinner. It’s so good that even picky eaters that normally hate vegetables will enjoy this recipe.
This Green Bean Casserole recipe is healthy and satisfying, and it will be loved even by the kids. Made with a handful of ingredients, this recipe is great for that moment when you need an easy and quick-to-make side dish that goes perfectly with almost anything.
- 1 Are Green Beans Keto-Friendly?
- 2 Why Are You Going To Love This Green Bean Casserole
- 3 Ingredients For This Low Carb Green Bean Casserole
- 4 How To Make Keto Green Bean Casserole
- 5 Recipe Variations
- 6 Storing Ideas
- 7 Serving Ideas
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 Green Bean Casserole
Are Green Beans Keto-Friendly?
Definitely, with only 7g of carbohydrates per one cup, green beans are a keto vegetable that can be easily included in your diet.
Why Are You Going To Love This Green Bean Casserole
- Made with a few naturally low-carb ingredients.
- It’s a versatile recipe. You can pair it with many recipes.
- Contain only 5g net carbs per serving.
- You can make it ahead of time.
Ingredients For This Low Carb Green Bean Casserole
Here’s an overview of the ingredients you will need to make this delicious green bean casserole. The complete list of them and instructions can be found in the recipe card below.
- Green Beans – you can use either fresh or frozen green beans for this recipe. For optimal flavor and crispiness, use fresh green beans.
- Oil – I like avocado oil because it has a neutral flavor and is great for many keto recipes.
- Keto Cream Of Mushroom Soup – easy to make at home and loaded with flavor.
- Homemade Keto Fried Onions – all the ingredients and instructions for crispy fried onions are listed in the recipe card below at the bottom of this post.
How To Make Keto Green Bean Casserole
Once you see how easy it is to make this side dish recipe, you will want to make it for almost any occasion. So here is everything you have to do:
- Start by preheating your oven to 375 F/ 190C.
- Cook the green beans: Add your green beans to a large pot filled with hot water and boil them for 5 minutes.
- Assemble the casserole. Place the green beans and mushroom soup in a 9×13-inch casserole dish. Bake until golden for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the crispy low carb fried onions.
- Top the casserole with the topping mixture and bake for 10 more minutes.
- You can top your green bean casserole with grated parmesan or cheddar cheese.
- If you want to add extra crispiness to the casserole, add crumbled bacon on top.
- Fridge – You can store the casserole leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days. When ready to enjoy, reheat them in the oven or microwave until warm.
- Freezer – You can also store this green bean casserole in the freezer, but it has to be uncooked. Otherwise, it will change the texture and flavor of the green beans. You can find below instructions for storing this green bean casserole in the freezer.
Sometimes I like to eat this green bean casserole, simple as it is, or you can also use it as a side dish on Thanksgiving and not only for many recipes. Here are some ideas:
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Choose The Perfect Green Beans?
You should always choose thinner green beans since they will be sweeter and crispier than thicker ones.
Also, you have to choose firm beans with bright green color.
Can I Use Frozen Green Beans?
Sure, this recipe will be the same as delicious, even if you use frozen green beans. You just have to make sure that they are defrosted.
Can I Make This Casserole Ahead Of Time?
Sure, you can make this green bean casserole ahead of time and place it in the freezer without the extra crispy topping. Then when ready to enjoy, thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Then on the next day, add the topping and bake it according to the directions.
Green Bean Casserole
- 1 1/2 lb green beans or canned beans
- 2 1/2 cups Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- Preheat the oven to 375 F/ 190C and grease a 9×13 in the casserole dish.
- Cook the green beans: Add the green beans to a large pot of boiling water. Cook for about 5 minutes. Quickly remove the beans with a slotted spoon or tongs. To reduce cooking time, use canned beans.
- Assemble the casserole: Add the cooked green beans, and pour the mushroom soup on top. Stir to combine. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Make the fried onions topping: Beat the eggs into a shallow bowl. Combine the coconut flour, garlic powder, paprika, and salt in another bowl. Dip onion pieces into the egg, then dredge into the flour mixture. Fry for a few minutes on each side until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Top the casserole with the fried onions and bake for 10 more minutes.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.