Incredibly tender, juicy, and loaded with delicious flavors, this oven-baked chicken breast it’s a 4-ingredient recipe that’s ready in just 20 minutes, and it can be paired with many side dishes to create a complete meal.
Perfectly seasoned, this recipe for chicken breast is one of the easiest and most delicious dinner recipes I have ever tried. So make this oven-baked chicken breast if you are looking for a recipe that requires only a few ingredients and 2 minutes for prep time.
I am a huge fan of chicken recipes because it’s a great source of protein and can be made in advance for those busy days.
And if you like them as much as we do, then you also need to try our chicken coconut curry, shredded chicken, bruschetta chicken, and chicken cordon bleu casserole recipe.
- 1 Why Are You Going To Love This Oven Baked Chicken Breast Recipe
- 2 Ingredients For Oven Baked Chicken Breast
- 3 How To Make This Oven-Baked Chicken Breast
- 4 Tips and Variations For Making The Best Oven-Baked Chicken Breast
- 5 Serving Ideas
- 6 Storing Ideas
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8 More Chicken Breast Recipes
- 9 Oven-Baked Chicken Breast
Why Are You Going To Love This Oven Baked Chicken Breast Recipe
- It’s perfect for meal prep.
- Made from only 4 ingredients
- Super easy to make; ready in just 20 minutes.
- It’s a versatile recipe; you can make it according to your taste.
- It pairs perfectly with many side dishes.
Ingredients For Oven Baked Chicken Breast
What’s better than dinner recipes that require only a few ingredients? This recipe for oven-baked chicken breast is one of them, and here is a list of what you will need:
- Chicken Breast – you will need boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- Olive Oil – you can replace it with any other vegetable oil.
- Italian Seasoning – you can buy it or make it at home.
- Salt&Pepper – used to enhance the flavors. Feel free to add your favorite seasonings as well.
How To Make This Oven-Baked Chicken Breast
This is one of the easiest recipes that you will ever try. Here is everything you need to do:
- Start by preheating your oven at 425F/220C.
- Add the chicken breasts to a bowl, sprinkle the seasonings and olive oil, and mix until well combined.
- Place the chicken breast on a baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
Tips and Variations For Making The Best Oven-Baked Chicken Breast
- You can replace the olive oil with unsalted butter to create a fantastic flavor and a golden crust.
- Add some smoked paprika over the chicken breast for a boost of flavor.
- You can add some red pepper chili flakes if you love spicy food.
- Make sure you don’t overcook your chicken breast because it will dry.
- Use an instant-read meat thermometer to insert the thickest part and check if it reaches 165°F.
Another reason you need to try this recipe is that it can be paired with many sides to create a complete meal. Here are some great ideas:
- Roasted Vegetables
- A simple Green Salad
- Cauliflower Risotto
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Green Bean Casserole
- Fridge: You can store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freezer: these oven-baked chicken breasts can be frozen for up to 3 months in separate bags.
To reheat the leftovers, I recommend using an air fryer and cook until heated through, for about 5 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make This Recipe Using Frozen Chicken Breast?
Sure, you can easily make this recipe using frozen chicken breast; you need to know that the time for cooking it will be a little bit longer. So if you are using frozen chicken breast, prepare the chicken as we did in this recipe and bake it for 30-45 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
What’s the Best Temperature to Cook Chicken?
Chicken breast can be baked at 350°F for 30 minutes(depending on its size) or at 450°F for 20 minutes. I always choose to bake it at 450°F because it creates a juicy chicken breast with crisp edges.
Why My Chicken It’s Not Cooked Evenly?
If you end up with a chicken breast that is not evenly cooked, it’s because you cooked it right from the fridge. So next time you plan to make oven-baked chicken breast, you need to take out the chicken breast from the fridge and allow it to rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. This step will help the chicken to cook evenly.
How To Check If My Chicken Is Cooked If I Don’t Have A Meat Thermometer?
If you don’t have a meat thermometer, you can slice the chicken breast to check if it’s done. If there are pink or red juices, your chicken is not cooked, and you have to cook it for a couple more minutes.
More Chicken Breast Recipes
- Cajun Stuffed Chicken Breast
- BEST Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
- The BEST Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- The Best Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
Oven-Baked Chicken Breast
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/ 220°C.
- Add the chicken breast to a bowl, then add the Italian seasonings, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Mix until each chicken breast is fully coated with olive oil and seasonings.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165°F.
- With three minutes before it's ready, broil the chicken breasts until it gets a golden brown crust.
- Remove from the oven and let rest the chicken for 10 minutes to seal in the juices.
- Enjoy with your favorite side dish.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.