Made with only 4 ingredients and ready in 20 minutes, this air fryer green beans recipe is one of the easiest side dishes for a healthy dinner, Thanksgiving, or Christmas.
Ever since I received an Air Fryer for my birthday last year, I’ve been using it daily to cook chicken, pork chops, salmon, asparagus, and these delicious green beans.
- 1 Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- 2 Ingredients You’ll Need For Air Fryer Green Beans
- 3 How To Make Air Fryer Green Beans
- 4 Tips For Making The Best Air Fryer Recipes
- 5 Recipe Variations
- 6 Storing Ideas
- 7 How To Serve Air Fryer Green Beans?
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 More Side Dish Recipes
- 10 Air Fryer Green Beans
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Perfect side dish for low carb and keto diets.
- Quick to make in just 20 minutes
- Super versatile – can be topped with crispy bacon or almonds
- Easy to meal prep
Ingredients You’ll Need For Air Fryer Green Beans
You will need only 4 ingredients that are easy to find to create this delicious side dish. Here is a list with everything you will need:
- Green Beans – one of my favorite vegetables due to their mild flavor and nutritional properties.
- Olive Oil – feel free to use any other vegetable oil you like.
- Garlic Powder – fresh garlic is a great option too.
- Salt and pepper – to taste. But you can also add any other seasonings that you like.
How To Make Air Fryer Green Beans
Once you see how easy to fry green beans in the air fryer, you’ll make them over and over again. Here’s how to make crispy and flavourful air fryer green beans:
- Start by preheating the air fryer to 400F / 200C. If your air fryer doesn’t have this function, run it empty for about 5 minutes.
- Prepare the green beans. Wash the green beans, then remove their stems and if there are larger beans, cut them in half to ensure that they have approximately the same size.
- Season the green beans. Add the beans to a bowl and toss them well with the olive oil and seasonings.
- Air fry the green beans. Transfer the green beans to the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer the air fried green beans to a serving platter, top with silvered almonds, and enjoy!
Tips For Making The Best Air Fryer Recipes
- If you want a buttery flavor, you can replace the olive oil with butter.
- Shake the air fryer basket during the cooking process to ensure that the beans are evenly cooked.
- Pat dry the beans using paper towels to help all the seasonings stick.
- Try not to overcrowd the air fryer so the beans have enough space to crisp up.
- You can add some shredded parmesan cheese over the green beans two minutes before they are ready.
- For some heat, you can add some rep pepper chili flakes.
- Fridge – You can store these air fryer green beans in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freezer – These air fryer green beans can also be stored in the freezer in an airtight container for up to one month.
How To Serve Air Fryer Green Beans?
This recipe for air fryer green beans is a great side dish idea because it pairs perfectly with any recipe, and everyone will love it. Here are some great ideas:
- Oven Baked Salmon
- Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenders
- Bruschetta Chicken
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Garlic Mushroom Chicken
- Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Keto Meatloaf
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make This Recipe In The Oven?
Yes, if you don’t have an air fryer, you can still cook green beans in the oven. First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and prepare the green beans according to the recipe card below. Transfer your green beans to a baking pan and bake them for 15 minutes.
Can I Make This Recipe Without Olive Oil?
Sure, if you want a 100% oil-free side dish, you can skip the olive oil. However, I still recommend spraying the air fryer basket to avoid the green beans sticking to it.
Can I Use Frozen Green Beans Instead Of Fresh Ones?
Sure, you can make this recipe with frozen green beans. Just make sure you thaw and pat dry them before starting the cooking process.
More Side Dish Recipes
Air Fryer Green Beans
- 1 lb of fresh green beans trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF/ 200ºC.
- Add the green beans, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a large bowl. Toss well to combine.
- Place the coated green beans in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until tender, shaking the basket halfway through cooking. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook in batches.
- Transfer them to a plate and serve immediately or store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.