This is the best bruschetta chicken recipe, perfect for summer, super juicy, and full of flavor. Tender baked chicken breast is topped with ripe tomatoes and basil bruschetta topping.
It’s a family-friendly chicken recipe because it is super quick to make using only a few ingredients and the best way to use up those summer tomatoes.
If you are wondering “WHAT’S FOR DINNER” and have no idea what to make, I recommend this delicious Bruschetta Chicken.
What’s not to love about this incredibly juicy chicken breast that’s topped with a delicious bruschetta mixture and melted mozzarella?
You might already know that I love quick and simple recipes ready in less than 30 minutes. This delicious recipe is one of those light weeknight dinners that’s always a hit.
- 1 Why Are You Going To Love This Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
- 2 What Is Bruschetta Chicken?
- 3 Ingredients For This Bruschetta Chicken Ingredients
- 4 How To Make Bruschetta Chicken
- 5 Tips For Making The Best Bruschetta Chicken
- 6 Storing Ideas
- 7 How To Serve Bruschetta Chicken
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 More Chicken Recipes
- 10 The Best Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
Why Are You Going To Love This Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
There are tons of reasons why this recipe is a staple in our house during summertime when tomatoes are the juiciest:
- A family favorite summer chicken recipe
- Ready in just 30 minutes with simple ingredients
- You can make Bruschetta Chicken ahead of time and serve it for lunch or dinner.
- The chicken is super juicy and flavorful, then topped with a vibrant topping and balsamic glaze.
- A low calorie, low carb meal
What Is Bruschetta Chicken?
Bruschetta Chicken features chicken breasts baked in the oven and then topped with shredded mozzarella and a fresh tomato and basil bruschetta topping. Instead of the crusty bread, we use chicken marinated in garlic, balsamic vinegar, and spices.
Ingredients For This Bruschetta Chicken Ingredients
This recipe requires only common ingredients that, when combined, are extremely flavorful:
For the chicken:
- Chicken Breast – I used boneless skinless chicken breasts. They pair perfectly with the wonderful flavor of bruschetta since they are lean and high in protein.
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar – Balsamic vinegar is a great ingredient that helps tenderize.
- Garlic – you can substitute with garlic powder, but fresh is the best!
- Italian Seasoning – I like to use homemade Italian Seasoning, but you can also use store-bought.
- Salt and Pepper – to taste.
- Mozzarella – Feel free to use shredded or sliced mozzarella cheese.
- Tomatoes – use ripe and juicy tomatoes.
- Garlic – fresh minced garlic.
- Red Onion – finely chopped.
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil – you can use any other vegetable oil if you like.
- Basil – chopped fresh basil.
- Salt – to taste.
How To Make Bruschetta Chicken
You will love this recipe it’s easy to make by following a few simple steps. It’s so quick that I choose to make it on those busy days.
- Prepare the chicken breast: Add the chicken breast into a large bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients over the chicken (except the mozzarella). Mix well until each chicken breast is well coated.
- Bake the chicken: Place the chicken onto a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Depending on the size, it may take less or more. I recommend using an instant meat thermometer to check for doneness.
- Make the bruschetta: Mix all the ingredients into a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, top the chicken breast with mozzarella cheese, and let the cheese melt.
- Assemble the dish: Top the chicken breast with the bruschetta mixture and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Enjoy.
Tips For Making The Best Bruschetta Chicken
- Make sure that you don’t overcook your chicken breast.
- Try using chicken breasts that are the same size to ensure more even cooking.
- You can grill the chicken breast for even more flavor.
- Skip the cheese for a dairy-free version.
- Fridge: You can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4- 5 days.
- Freezer: You can freeze the chicken breast but not the bruschetta mixture that may get soggy once defrosted.
How To Serve Bruschetta Chicken
This Bruschetta Chicken recipe is a delicious recipe on its own, but it can also be paired with side dishes to make a complete meal. So here are some great ideas:
- Zucchini Noodles
- Spaghetti Squash
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Cauliflower Rice
- Roasted Vegetables
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Should I Bake Chicken Breast?
Depending on the size of the chicken breast, it will typically take 22–26 minutes in the preheated oven to bake at 400°F/200°C. When the internal temperature of chicken breast reaches 165°F/ 75C, you’ll know it’s perfectly cooked.
Can I Use Different Type Of Meat?
Sure, if you don’t have chicken breast, you can use other types of meat like chicken thighs or turkey breast.
What Is Bruschetta?
Bruschetta is an Italian appetizer or antipasto recipe made with toasted bread topped with garlic and a mix of tomatoes and basil.
How Should I Cut Tomatoes For Bruschetta?
Due to their sweetness and high level of consistency, I like using cherry tomatoes. Usually, I just slice them in half, but you can also quarter them instead.
More Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Juicy Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenders
- Cajun Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Creamy Mushroom Chicken Thighs Recipe
- One-Pan Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken
The Best Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts about 6 oz each
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp minced garlic minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded or sliced
For the bruschetta topping:
- 1 ½ cups Roma tomatoes diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ red onion chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- Prepare the chicken. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, Italian Seasoning, and salt. Pour over the chicken and turn to coat.
- Place the chicken breast into a large bowl or resealable bag and pour the marinade. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake the chicken breast. Preheat the oven to 425F/ 220C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the chicken breast onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked. Chicken is ready when the internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Make the bruschetta topping. Combine diced tomatoes, minced garlic, chopped onion, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, basil, and salt.
- While the chicken is baking, add all the ingredients for the bruschetta to a bowl and toss to combine.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the oven and top it with mozzarella to melt.
- Top baked chicken with the bruschetta mixture.
- Garnish with fresh basil and balsamic glaze. Enjoy.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.