This jalapeno popper stuffed chicken is a quick, easy-to-make recipe that’s loaded with a spicy cheese filling, wrapped in bacon, and baked in the oven until super crispy. The chicken is ultra juicy, making this recipe a crowd-pleaser that’s quick to make.
Made using only 6-INGREDIENTS, this delicious jalapeno popper stuffed chicken is loaded with delicious flavors and has only 3g net carbs per serving. Just think about a juicy chicken breast filled with a creamy cream cheese mixture, then wrapped in crispy bacon; sounds delicious, right?
This stuffed chicken recipe is full of delicious flavors that will make this jalapeno popper-stuffed chicken your family’s favorite. So forget about those boring recipes with chicken breast and make this easy chicken recipe that contains naturally low-carb ingredients and tastes incredibly delicious.
Just like my cajun stuffed chicken breast, this delicious jalapeño popper stuffed chicken is one of those recipes that looks impressive, but once you prepare it, you will be surprised at how easy it is to make.
- 1 Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- 2 What Is Stuffed Chicken?
- 3 Ingredients In Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
- 4 How To Make Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
- 5 Tips For Making Stuffed Chicken
- 6 Storing Ideas
- 7 What to Serve With This Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 More Chicken Recipes
- 10 Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- It’s super easy to prepare, so it’s great for a busy day when you don’t have so much time to cook.
- You can make it ahead of time.
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients and is perfect for someone who needs a keto-friendly dinner recipe.
- It’s a recipe full of flavor. The combination of jalapeno, cream cheese, juicy chicken breast, and crispy bacon gives a heavenly explosion of flavors.
What Is Stuffed Chicken?
Stuffed chicken is my favorite recipe because it’s extremely versatile. This recipe is based on a chicken breast that has a pocket that can be filled with many interesting combinations of ingredients.
Then the chicken breast can be cooked in the oven, air fried, or pan-seared.
Ingredients In Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
The best part about this delicious recipe is that it requires a few ingredients that I’m sure you already have in the kitchen. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Chicken Breast – use large boneless skinless chicken breasts to cut the pockets easily for the filling.
- Jalapeno Popper – use fresh jalapenos for a great flavor. Completes the flavor extremely well and gives that spicy kick.
- Cream Cheese – use full-fat softened cream cheese.
- Cheddar Cheese – you can replace it with your favorite cheese, like mozzarella or parmesan cheese.
- Garlic Powder – gives extra flavor to this recipe. Feel free to replace it with your favorite seasoning as well.
- Bacon – everything it’s better with bacon, especially if it’s baked in the oven until crispy. Besides the fact that it gives a delicious flavor, bacon also helps to hold the cream cheese filling inside while baking.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
How To Make Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
So make this recipe if you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen. Just stuff the chicken breast, and the oven will do the rest. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Start by preheating the oven and prepare a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Prepare the cream cheese mixture. Add the softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapenos, and garlic powder to a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Butterfly the chicken breast. Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the side of the chicken breast. Don’t cut all the way in; only 3/4 of the way.
- Fill each chicken breast. Stuff each chicken breast with the cream cheese mixture.
- Season the chicken breast on the outside, then wrap each chicken breast with the bacon slices.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, let the chicken breast rest for a few minutes, then enjoy.
Tips For Making Stuffed Chicken
- Don’t overcook your chicken breast because it will turn out dry.
- Instead of cutting the chicken breast in half, place it on a cutting board and make a deep pocket in the side with a sharp knife.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapeños using a spoon, preventing them from coming in touch with your skin.
- Fridge: you can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Freezer: wrap each chicken breast in plastic wrap, then store them in the freezer for up to two months.
When ready to enjoy, you can reheat the leftovers in the microwave for 2 minutes or in the oven for 10 minutes.
What to Serve With This Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
Although this recipe is extremely delicious, simple as it is, you can also enjoy it with your favorite side dish, such as:
- Cauliflower Risotto
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Roasted Vegetables
- Grilled Asparagus
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Tell If My Stuffed Chicken Breast Is Ready?
The best way to check if the chicken breast is done is to use an internal thermometer and insert it in the thickest part of the chicken breast. If the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, your chicken breast is ready.
Can I Make This Recipe In The Air Fryer?
Sure, another great about this recipe is that you can choose how to cook it. So if you want to make it in the air fryer, prepare the stuffed chicken breast as we did in this recipe, then cook it in the air fryer at 370 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
Can I Make This Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Breast On The Grill?
Sure, you can cook this chicken on the grill if you want. All you have to do is to prepare the chicken as we did in this recipe, then cook it in a grilled pan over medium heat until it is cooked through.
Is This Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Breast Keto-Friendly?
Sure, this recipe is great for a keto diet because it’s made from naturally low carbs ingredients high in protein.
More Chicken Recipes
- The BEST Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- The Best Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Juicy Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenders
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup jalapeno peppers diced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slices bacon
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 380°F/190°C. Spray a baking sheet pan with cooking oil.
- Add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapenos, and garlic powder in a bowl and mix until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut a deep pocket into each chicken breast (make sure you don't cut through to the other side.)
- Fill the pocket of each chicken breast with the cream cheese mixture.
- Season the outside of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each stuffed chicken breast tightly with two slices of bacon and place the chicken on the sheet pan.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes until chicken is cooked and bacon is crispy. Broil the chicken for 5 minutes to crisp up the bacon if you want.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Then slice and serve.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.