Learn how to make the best chicken alfredo casserole recipe that’s loaded with tender broccoli, juicy chicken bites, and a creamy alfredo sauce that completes everything perfectly.
This chicken alfredo casserole is made using a few ingredients that are baked to perfection, and it’s the perfect recipe for those busy weeknights dinner for you and your family.
If you are looking for a comforting and easy-to-make recipe that’s sure to impress, this recipe is for you. So gather your family and friends around the table and impress them with the best chicken alfredo casserole.
Cheesy casserole recipes are one of my favorites since they are super easy to make and extremely delicious. So either I am making my chicken cordon bleu casserole, green bean casserole, or this chicken alfredo casserole, my family is always impressed by them.
- 1 What Is Chicken Alfredo Casserole?
- 2 Can I Make Low Carb Chicken Alfredo Casserole?
- 3 Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe?
- 4 Ingredients For Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- 5 How To Make Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- 6 Tips For Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- 7 Variations
- 8 Serving Ideas
- 9 Storing Ideas
- 10 What’s the Best Casserole Dish to Use?
- 11 More Casserole Recipes
- 12 Chicken Alfredo Casserole
What Is Chicken Alfredo Casserole?
Chicken alfredo casserole it’s a recipe made from cooked pasta, chicken breast, cheese, and a creamy alfredo sauce.
The mixture is then topped with more cheese and baked until golden and bubbly. Some variations of the recipe may include additional ingredients such as vegetables, bacon, or herbs. Chicken Alfredo Casserole is a comforting and filling meal that can be served for dinner or as a main dish for special occasions.
Can I Make Low Carb Chicken Alfredo Casserole?
Low carb chicken Alfredo casserole is a healthier and lighter version of the classic comfort food that still maintains its rich and creamy flavor. Instead of using regular pasta, which is high in carbohydrates, broccoli florets are used as a low-carb substitute.
This casserole is a great option for those who want to follow a low-carb or keto diet, as it is satisfying and filling while also being nutritious and flavorful. It’s a perfect family-friendly meal that can be made ahead of time and reheated for a quick and easy dinner.
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe?
- It’s a family-friendly recipe perfect for dinner.
- Super easy to prepare.
- Ready in less than 40 minutes
- It can be made ahead of time.
- It’s a customizable recipe. You can use your favorite veggies or cheese.
- A great way to include vegetables in your diet.
Ingredients For Chicken Alfredo Casserole
To create this delicious homemade chicken alfredo casserole, you will need only a few easy-to-find ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Broccoli – a low-carb vegetable that can be used as a substitute for pasta in Chicken Alfredo Casserole. It is high in fiber and vitamins, making it a nutritious and healthy ingredient. It also pairs well with chicken and cheese.
- Chicken Breast – you can also use leftover chicken breast or replace it with chicken thighs.
- Onion and Garlic Powder – adds a boost of flavor to the casserole. You can also use fresh garlic for an intense flavor.
- Olive Oil – you can replace it with any other vegetable oil.
- Alfredo Sauce – you can use our recipe for homemade Alfredo sauce.
- Mozzarella Cheese – you can also replace it with your favorite cheese.
How To Make Chicken Alfredo Casserole
Once you see how easy it’s to prepare this delicious chicken alfredo bake, it will become your new favorite recipe. Here are the instructions that you need to follow:
Cook The Chicken
Cut the chicken breast into 1-inch cubes and season them with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the chicken bites for about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
Prepare The Broccoli
While the chicken is cooking, cut the broccoli into bite-size florets.
Assemble The Casserole
Spread ½ cup of keto alfredo sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish. Then add the cooked chicken and broccoli florets.
Top with the rest of the alfredo sauce and mix until everything is well combined.
Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the casserole.
Bake The Casserole
Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes at 350F, or until the cheese is melty and the chicken alfredo casserole looks golden brown on top.
Garnish with fresh parsley, and enjoy.
Tips For Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- Ensure you don’t overbake the casserole because the chicken will dry out, and the broccoli will become mushy.
- You can add other vegetables to the casserole, like cauliflower or bell peppers.
- Add one tbsp of red pepper chili flakes for a spicy chicken alfredo casserole.
- I like to use mozzarella cheese in this recipe, but cheddar cheese or a cheese mix works amazing.
- For a golden and crispy topping, sprinkle some extra Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs on top of the casserole before baking.
- Spinach and Artichoke: Add chopped spinach and canned artichoke hearts to the casserole.
- Buffalo Chicken: Use buffalo sauce and shredded chicken to add a spicy kick.
- Sun-Dried Tomato: Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes to the casserole.
- Mexican Chicken: Use taco seasoning, corn, and black beans.
- Pesto: Mix in some pesto sauce for an herby and flavorful twist on the classic casserole.
- Greek Chicken: Use Greek seasoning, kalamata olives, and feta cheese to add a Mediterranean twist to the casserole.
Even if this chicken alfredo casserole is enough to create dinner on its own, you can also pair it with delicious side dishes. Here are some great ideas:
- Cauliflower Risotto
- Best Creamy Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- A green salad
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- Fridge: If there are any chicken alfredo casserole leftovers, you can store them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Freezer: You can also freeze the casserole leftovers in an airtight freezer-safe container for up to one month. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator before reheating in the oven or microwave.
What’s the Best Casserole Dish to Use?
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Sure, you can make this easy casserole recipe ahead. Just prepare all the ingredients and assemble the casserole ahead of time.
Then wrap it well with plastic foil and freeze it for a few months.
Can I Use Leftover Chicken Breast?
Yes, actually, this recipe is great for chicken leftovers. So if you have any, chop or shred them, prepare the rest of the ingredients, assemble, and bake the casserole.
More Casserole Recipes
Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- 32 oz Chicken breast
- 14 oz Broccoli florets
- 2 cups Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- 1 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Cook the Chicken. Cut the chicken breast into cubes and season them with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the chicken bites until golden brown.
- While the chicken is cooking, cut the broccoli into bite-size florets.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Assemble The Casserole. Spread half of the keto alfredo sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish. Then add the cooked chicken and broccoli florets.
- Top with the rest of the alfredo sauce, and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the casserole.
- Bake. Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, and enjoy.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.