Ready in under 30 minutes and made with just a few easy-to-find ingredients, these keto snowball cookies are the best gluten-free sweet treat for this time of the year, especially for Christmas.
Super buttery and nutty with a melt-in-your-mouth texture, these grain-free snowball cookies are perfect served with a cup of coffee, hot chocolate, or eggnog.
How doesn’t love cookies? Especially those Christmas cookies that fill your house with the smell of fresh baked goods. And the good news is that you can still enjoy these cookies on a keto diet but without all those carbs.
With only 2g net carbs per serving, these buttery and melt-in-your-mouth cookies are loaded with crunchy pecans and cinnamon flavor, then rolled in a powdered sweetener, turning them into the perfect holiday treat.
I love baking sweet treats, especially at this time of the year, and if you are a fan of cookies as I am, then you should also try my keto Oreo cookies, almond flour cookies, magic cookies, and peanut butter chocolate cookies.
Some people call these Russian Tea Cakes, while others know them as Mexican Wedding Cakes, but it’s still a delicious shortbread-like round cookie rolled in powdered sweetener and loaded with pecans.
- 1 Are Snowball Cookies Keto-Friendly?
- 2 Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Snowball Cookies Recipe
- 3 Ingredients For Keto Snowball Cookies
- 4 How To Make Keto Snowball Cookies
- 5 Tips For Making The Best Keto Snowball Cookies
- 6 Storing Ideas For Keto Pecan Snowball Cookies
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8 More Keto Cookies Recipes
- 9 Keto Snowball Cookies
Are Snowball Cookies Keto-Friendly?
If we are talking about traditional snowball cookies made with wheat flour and sugar, they are not keto because they contain a lot of carbs.
But you can still enjoy keto snowball Christmas cookies using this recipe with naturally low-carb ingredients and only 2g net carbs per serving.
Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Snowball Cookies Recipe
- Easy to make in just 30 minutes.
- Contain only 2g net carbs per serving.
- Buttery and melt-in-your-mouth keto Christmas cookies.
- They are perfect for holiday parties.
Ingredients For Keto Snowball Cookies
You will need only a few easy-to-find ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry to make these delicious sugar-free snowball cookies. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Butter – you will need unsalted softened butter to ensure good mixing.
- Sweetener – feel free to use your favorite powdered sweeteners such as Erythritol or Monk fruit.
- Almond & Coconut Flour – these are my favorite low-carb flours I choose to use in keto baking because it gives that perfect cookie texture.
- Xanthan Gum – is used to help ingredients bind together and helps the cookie hold its shape.
- Vanilla Extract – use the best quality vanilla extract to add a boost of flavor.
- Cinnamon – adds that delicious holiday flavor.
- Pecans – feel free to replace them with your favorite nuts.
- Salt – to enhance all the flavors.
- Powdered Sweetener – used to roll the cookies.
How To Make Keto Snowball Cookies
You will love these keto snowball cookies since will see how easy it is to prepare them. First, you’ll need only one mixing bowl to combine all the ingredients for the cookie dough. Then, follow the next steps to bake the cookies and roll them.
- Start by mixing the butter with the sweetener until creamy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients over the butter and mix until the cookie dough is formed.
- Once the dough is ready, wrap it in plastic foil, then chill it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the pecans and preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, form the cookie balls and bake them for 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for a few minutes, then roll them into the powdered sweetener.
Tips For Making The Best Keto Snowball Cookies
- Try making cookies of the same size to cook evenly; to do so, use a small ice cream scoop.
- You can replace the pecans with walnuts or almonds.
- Before rolling the cookies in powdered sweetener, let the cookies cool for a few minutes.
- To make keto chocolate snowball cookies add 1-2 tablespoons of cocoa powder to the dough.
Storing Ideas For Keto Pecan Snowball Cookies
- Fridge – you can store these delicious almond flour snowball cookies in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Freezer – you can also freeze almond flour snowball cookies in a freezer-safe bag for up to 2 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Snowball Cookies?
Snowball cookies are a sweet treat made from wheat flour, sugar, butter, and chopped pecans, also known as the name of Russian Tea Cakes and Mexican Wedding Cookies.
Can I Make These Keto Snowball Cookies In Advance?
Sure, they are a great sweet treat to make in advance. Prepare and bake the cookies as we did in this recipe, transfer them to a freezer-safe bag, and freeze them until you are ready to enjoy them.
Thaw the cookies in the fridge overnight, roll them in the powdered sweetener and enjoy.
What Should I Do If My Dough Is Too Sticky?
If you end up with a sticky dough, you need to refrigerate it for a few minutes until it hardens. But if it’s still wet, you can mix one more tbsp of coconut flour until it has the right consistency.
More Keto Cookies Recipes
- The Best Keto Gingerbread Cookies
- Keto Oreo Cookies Recipe (2g net carbs)
- The Best Almond Flour Cookies
- Keto Magic Cookies
Keto Snowball Cookies
- More powdered sweetener
- Finely ground the pecans using a food processor or a sharp knife. You can also roast the chopped pecans for a more intense flavor.
- Cream together the softened butter and sweetener until airy and creamy for about 2 minutes.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, chopped pecans, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Mix on low using a hand mixer on low until the dough is formed. You can also knead the dough using your hands or a wooden spatula.
- Wrap the dough in plastic foil and chill for at least 30 minutes. Store the dough for up to 3 days.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form little balls from the dough and arrange them on the sheet pan.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until they are golden brown on top.
- While they're still warm, roll the cookies in powdered sweetener.
- Allow to cool down, then roll in more powdered sweetener and enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.