Learn how to make the best crispy and juicy air fryer shrimp recipe every time with just a few easy ingredients. Ready in 10 minutes, this air fryer shrimp is a delicious and quick-to-make shrimp recipe loaded with delicious flavors.
So if you are looking for a quick shrimp recipe to use in salads or wraps, this easy air fryer shrimp with no breading recipe is exactly what you need.
Shrimp is a staple meal in our house, and everyone loves these juicy air fryer shrimps that turn out perfect every time.
You will be surprised to see that you can prepare such a delicious shrimp recipe at home in such a short time.
Using just a few low-carb ingredients like olive oil and some seasonings, you will end up with the most perfectly tender and juicy shrimp that are perfect for easy dinners with your family.
So, if you are a shrimp lover just like us, you also need to try our Garlic Butter Shrimp recipe, that’s also keto-friendly, low-carb, and loaded with so many delicious flavors.
Our guide includes tips for marinating and cooking to ensure the best flavor and texture. This healthy and quick meal is sure to become a family favorite. Try it tonight and taste the difference an air fryer makes.
- 1 Why Are You Going To Love This Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe
- 2 Air Fryer Shrimp Ingredients
- 3 How To Make Air Fryer Shrimp
- 4 How Long To Air Fry Shrimp
- 5 Tips For Making The Best Air Fryer Shrimp
- 6 Storing Ideas
- 7 Serving Ideas
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 More Air Fryer Recipes
- 10 Easy 10 Minute Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe
Why Are You Going To Love This Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe
- Quick and super easy-to-make recipe.
- Super versatile – You can season your shrimp with your favorite spices and herbs.
- Great source of protein and healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- A naturally gluten-free and low-carb recipe made without breading
- Perfect served as an appetizer with a dipping sauce or as a main dish served with your favorite side dish.
Air Fryer Shrimp Ingredients
You will need only 6 ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen to create such a delicious recipe. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Shrimp – I used peeled and deveined large shrimp for this recipe. I recommend using raw shrimp because pre-cooked tend to overcook in the air fryer.
- Olive Oil – you can also use avocado oil. Make the shrimp crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Lemon Juice – ads a zesty flavor and pairs perfectly with the shrimp.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
- Garlic – you can also replace it with onion powder or use a mix of both of them.
- Paprika – use smoked paprika for an intense flavor and color.
- Italian Seasoning – you can buy it or make a batch of Italian Seasoning at home.
How To Make Air Fryer Shrimp
This is one of the most delicious and easy-to-make recipes ever. All you have to do is season the shrimp, place them in the air fryer, and wait until they are ready. Here are the instructions that you have to follow:
Prepare The Shrimp
Thaw the shrimp (if you are using frozen ones) and pat them with a paper towel to dry.
Season The Shrimp
Add the shrimp to a large bowl, then add the seasonings, olive oil, and lemon juice.
Toss to combine until each shrimp is coated with seasonings.
Cook The Shrimp
Arrange the shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 6-8 minutes.
Make sure to preheat the air fryer to 400F/200C. If your air fryer doesn’t have this function, let it run empty for about 5 minutes.
Garnish with fresh parsley, and enjoy with your favorite sides and sauces.
How Long To Air Fry Shrimp
The cooking time for shrimp in an air fryer depends on the size of the shrimp. If you are using medium shrimp, cook them for 6 minutes (or 8 minutes for large shrimp). Shrimp are done cooking when they look pink and opaque.
It’s essential to preheat the air fryer first and choose the air frying time according to your shrimp size:
|Shrimp Size||Cooking Time||Temperature|
|Small and Medium||3-4 minutes||400F|
|Extra Large and Jumbo||5-8 minutes||400F|
Tips For Making The Best Air Fryer Shrimp
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket to ensure that your shrimp are cooked evenly.
- Even if 8 minutes may seem a little to cook the shrimp, make sure you don’t cook them for longer since they will turn rubbery.
- Shake the basket halfway through cooking to ensure even cooking and crisping.
- Fridge: you can store these air fryer shrimp in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Freezer: After cooling completely, place the cooked shrimp on a baking sheet in a single layer and freeze them. Then transfer the frozen shrimp to a freezer bag and store them for up to 2 months.
You can serve these air fryer shrimp with your favorite dipping sauce, like yum yum sauce and tomato sauce, or pair them with many side dishes to create a complete dinner recipe. Here are some ideas:
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Air Fry Frozen Shrimp?
Yes. Make sure they don’t have the shells and are deveined. Usually, you’ll need 2-3 minutes extra cooking time if you want to air fry frozen shrimp.
Should I Remove The Tail?
It’s up to you. You can cook the shrimp with the tail on or off.
Are Shrimp Ok For A Keto Diet?
Sure, shrimp can be eaten on a keto diet since, like other seafood is a protein that has zero grams of net carbs. So make a dinner out of it by eating it with your favorite keto side dish.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- BEST Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- Air Fryer Green Beans
Easy 10 Minute Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe
- 1 lb large shrimp or extra large
- 1 tbsp olive oil or melted butter
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Thaw the shrimp and pat them with a paper towel to dry.
- Add the shrimp to a large bowl, then add the salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, Italian Seasoning, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Toss to combine using a silicone spatula until each shrimp is coated with seasonings.
- Arrange the shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry at 400F/200C for 5-8 minutes until the shrimp are no longer translucent.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, and enjoy.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.