This keto French toast is the most indulgent breakfast breakfast! Made with just a few simple ingredients and ready in under 10 minutes, this low carb French toast it’s crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and absolutely mouth-watering. Plus, you can customize it with your favorite toppings to make it even more delicious.
If you get tired of those basic breakfast recipes, then this keto french toast recipe is exactly what you need – a delicious and tender low carb French toast that fills you up and satisfies your sweet tooth at the same time.
I love weekend days when I wake up late and prepare a delicious breakfast for my family. And for us, French toast has become one of our favorite recipes that we enjoy quite often on days like this because it’s quick, you don’t need many ingredients, and the result is extremely tasty. Especially since you can change the toppings every time, you don’t get bored.
This keto French toast recipe is a quick dessert that will make your house smell incredibly in the morning. It can be prepared in a few minutes using a few ingredients and will be loved by the entire family.
- 1 What Is French Toast?
- 2 Is French Toast Keto-Friendly?
- 3 Why Are You Going To Love This Keto French Toast Recipe
- 4 Ingredients For This Keto French Toast
- 5 How To Make Delicious Keto French Toast
- 6 Storing Ideas
- 7 Topping Ideas
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 More Keto Breakfast Recipes
- 10 Keto French Toast
What Is French Toast?
Also known as “eggy bread,” “Bombay toast,” and “poor knights,” French toast is a breakfast dish made by soaking slices of bread in a mixture of eggs, milk, and sugar before being pan-fried until golden brown.
French toast is traditionally served with a variety of toppings, such as syrup, butter, fruit, or whipped cream. It is a popular dish enjoyed worldwide and is known for its rich flavor and satisfying texture.
Is French Toast Keto-Friendly?
Regular French toast is not a keto-friendly breakfast option, as it typically contains high-carb ingredients like bread, whole milk, and sugar. However, you don’t have to give up on this delicious dish altogether. By making a few easy ingredient swaps, you can enjoy a low-carb version that’s just as satisfying.
Here are some tips:
- Instead of bread, use low-carb bread like almond flour bread or coconut flour bread.
- Swap whole milk for unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk.
- Use a low-carb sweetener like stevia or erythritol instead of sugar.
- Add some cinnamon or vanilla extract for extra flavor.
- Cook the French toast in a non-stick pan with a little butter or coconut oil for crispy edges.
Why Are You Going To Love This Keto French Toast Recipe
- A quick and easy breakfast recipe that can be made in under 10 minutes.
- Only 4g net carbs per serving.
- It can be customized with a variety of toppings to suit your taste preferences.
- Tastes just like regular French toast minus the carbs.
Ingredients For This Keto French Toast
You will need only a few easy ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen to create this delicious recipe. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Bread – use slices of your favorite keto bread. You can use store-bought keto bread slices or use homemade keto bread.
- Eggs – use room temperature eggs to avoid an eggy taste.
- Almond Milk – you can also use any plant-based milk. Just make sure that it is unsweetened.
- Brown Sugar Substitute – In my opinion, the best sweetener that can replace granulated brown sugar is brown sugar replacement with Allulose.
- Cinnamon – gives that perfect touch to the egg mixture.
- Vanilla Extract – using a high-quality vanilla extract makes a big difference.
- Butter – is used to pan-fry the bread.
How To Make Delicious Keto French Toast
Another great thing about this recipe is that it is very easy to make, so in less than 15 minutes, you can enjoy a perfect breakfast! So here’s how to make this delicious and easy keto french toast recipe:
- Prepare the keto slices of bread; if you don’t have any, you use our recipe to make egg-free keto bread.
- Add the eggs into a mixing bowl and mix them with the almond milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract until frothy.
- Add the butter to a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Soak the bread in the egg mixture for about 10 seconds, add it to the pan and cook it for 2 minutes on both sides.
- Serve it with your favorite toppings.
This recipe is best eaten immediately, warm with your favorite toppings. But if there are any leftovers, you can store them in a zip-top bag in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheat them in the microwave.
- You can add your favorite berries on top of the french toast.
- You can serve it with some homemade whipped cream.
- Make some keto caramel sauce and serve this french toast with it.
- It also tastes great served with peanut butter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
I don’t recommend making this recipe ahead of time because it will change its texture and taste overnight.
Can I Make This Recipe In Air Fryer?
Sure, prepare the bread as we did in this recipe, then air fry it for 3 minutes at 320 degrees F on each side.
How Long Should I Soak The Bread?
That depends on how thick your slices of bread are. Touch the bread with your finger before taking it from the egg mixture. When touched, it should feel smooth but be able to maintain its shape.
More Keto Breakfast Recipes
- Keto Waffles – If you’re missing waffles on keto, these are low carb, sugar-free made with natural ingredients.
- Keto Blueberry Mug Cake – This keto blueberry mug cake is super fluffy, easy to make, loaded with juicy blueberries and lemon flavor.
- Easy Keto Oatmeal – This quick and simple keto oatmeal recipe is ready in just 5 minutes with only 5 ingredients.
- Keto Avocado Smoothie
- Keto Pancakes with Coconut Flour
- Keto Strawberry Smoothie (4 Ingredients!)
Keto French Toast
- Whisk the eggs, milk, brown sugar substitute, cinnamon, and vanilla extract until smooth and well combined.
- Add the butter to a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Dip the bread slices into the egg mixture on both sides and let it soak for about 10-15 seconds.
- Add the bread slices to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.