Kick start your day with the best keto recipes in the world. I turn any high carb recipe in a low carb version without sacrificing the taste. Here you’ll find tons of fantastic keto breakfast recipes that will keep you full until lunch.
These Keto Waffles with almond flour are crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside. If you’re missing waffles on keto, these are low carb, sugar-free made with natural ingredients. You’ll love this keto Belgian breakfast treat that’s only 2g net carbs.
In our house, weekends are for baking and making keto pancakes and waffles. I love both sweet and savory waffles, and they are a staple for weekend breakfast.
One of the best things about these gluten-free keto waffles it that they are super crispy and golden on the outside while being super airy and delicious.
Learn how to make the best keto waffles in less than 20 minutes without all the carbs. Trust me, these paleo waffles are better than regular waffles, especially if drowned in tons of zero sugar maple syrup, low carb berries, or crispy bacon and avocado.
Watch the short video below to see how easy it is to make this perfect keto waffles every time.
Keto Waffles Ingredients
I got my waffle maker for my birthday a few years back and didn’t use it for a while as I couldn’t imagine that there’s a way to make gluten-free keto waffles with no flours. Here are the simple ingredients you’ll need for delicious waffles:
- cream cheese
- almond flour
- sweetener – Use your favorite low carb sweetener such as Erythritol, Swerve, Monk Fruit, or coconut sugar if paleo.
- Vanilla extract – Make sure to use plenty as it adds a nice flavor.
- baking powder
How To Make Crispy Keto Waffles
- Beat 4 eggs and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until frothy.
- Incorporate the cream cheese and continue mixing.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until you get a smooth waffle batter. Let it rest for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat your waffle maker and grease it well.
- Pour enough batter and cook according to your waffle maker instructions, for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
Waffles with Almond Flour Variations
This recipe is a classic one that can be customized in so many ways:
- sugar-free chocolate chips
- blueberry keto waffles
- toasted walnuts or almonds
- lemon zest
- chocolate powder
- pumpkin puree
Can I make Coconut Flour Keto Waffles?
If you’re wondering how to make nut-free keto waffles with coconut flour instead of almond flour, learn that it’s possible.
In this recipe, the ratio of 1:4 (almond flour to coconut flour) works perfectly. This means you can replace almond flour with 1/4 cup of coconut flour. The instructions remain the same, and I recommend you let the batter rest for at least 5 minutes to allow the batter to thicken as the coconut flour soaks in the liquids.
How to Store Keto Waffles
This low carb waffle recipe makes about 6 waffles that are perfect to have on hand during the week. If you prefer to make more and store them, you can double or triple the ingredients.
To store these gluten-free waffles, let them cool and place them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to one week.
They also freeze well, and I was surprised to see that they freezer-friendly. I pop them back into the waffle maker to get the best crispy keto waffles.
Other Keto Breakfast Recipes
- 4-Ingredient Vanilla Chia Pudding Recipe
- Super Crunchy Keto Granola Recipe – Only 5g net carbs
- Keto Blueberry Bread with Lemon Cheesecake Frosting
Perfect Homemade Keto Waffles with Almond Flour
- 4 large eggs
- 4 oz cream cheese or coconut cream
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Erythritol
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Keto Maple Syrup Optional
- In a large bowl crack the eggs and mix with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes until frothy
- Add the softened cream cheese or coconut cream,melted butter, vanilla extract, and continue mixing.
- Mix in the dry ingredients: almond flour, sweetener, baking powder until you get a smooth waffle batter.
- Preheat your waffle iron and grease it with butter or cooking spray.
- Pour up to 1/3 cup batter into the waffle iron and cook until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately with butter, berries, or sugar-free maple syrup.