Packed with many delicious warm spices, this easy keto gingerbread cake is perfect for this cold weather. Make the best sugar-free and gluten-free gingerbread cake that’s fluffy, moist, and perfectly spiced.
Who doesn’t love those warming holiday recipes that are ready in less than 30 minutes and make your house smell like Christmas?
This keto gingerbread cake recipe is one of them and is made using low-carb ingredients. And the best part is that it tastes like the real thing but without all those carbs.
So, if you want to enjoy the best spiced gluten-free gingerbread cake, make this homemade cake and top it with a delicious sugar-free cream frosting for an incredible culinary treat.
It’s also super fun to prepare it with your kids for Santa – he won’t notice that it is a keto dessert.
- 1 What Is Gingerbread?
- 2 Why Are You Going To Love This Grain Free Gingerbread Cake
- 3 Keto Gingerbread Cake Ingredients
- 4 How To Make This Keto Gingerbread Cake
- 5 Tips and Variations For Making The Best Keto Gingerbread Cake
- 6 Storing Ideas
- 7 More Keto Desserts
- 8 Keto Gingerbread Cake
What Is Gingerbread?
Around the world, gingerbread is a popular dessert for winter holidays. Although the recipes are similar, each version’s shape or presentation may vary. For example, as you can see from this cake recipe, it may be produced in various shapes, including biscuits and cakes.
Why Are You Going To Love This Grain Free Gingerbread Cake
- Extremely easy to make in just 30 minutes.
- Incredibly spiced and moist, perfect for the holidays.
- It pairs perfectly with a cup of coffee or tea.
- Has a brownie-like texture, but it’s spicy, sticky, and ultra-moist.
Keto Gingerbread Cake Ingredients
You will need only a few easy-to-find ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen to create this delicious gingerbread cake. Here is a list of everything you will need:
For The Gingerbread Cake
- Butter – you can replace it with the same amount of coconut oil if you want.
- Sweetener – use your favorite powdered sweeteners like monk fruit or erythritol.
- Eggs – use large room-temperature eggs to avoid that eggy flavor and taste.
- Coconut&Almond Flour – my favorite mix of keto flour that helps the gingerbread cake to get that fluffy and airy texture.
- Baking Powder – helps the gingerbread cake to have a fluffy wheat-like texture.
- Spices – Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove, and nutmeg are the best spices for this gingerbread cake recipe and other autumn baked goods!
- Salt – is used to enhance the flavors.
For The Ginger Icing
- Butter – you will need unsalted butter.
- Cacao Powder – use the best quality cacao powder for an intense flavor and color.
- Ginger Juice – gives a spicy and slightly sweet flavor.
- Lemon Juice – adds a tangy taste and flavor.
- Sweetener – use your favorite sweetener. Just make sure that it is powdered to combine well.
How To Make This Keto Gingerbread Cake
Once you see how easy to prepare this sugar-free gingerbread cake, you will want to make it over and over again. So here is everything you need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Add the eggs, heavy cream, powdered sweetener, and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl. Mix for 2-3 minutes or until frothy.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ones until smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sugar-free glaze of frosting.
- Remove the gingerbread cake from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Once cooled, top the gluten-free gingerbread cake with your glaze or frosting. Slice and enjoy!
Tips and Variations For Making The Best Keto Gingerbread Cake
- Don’t overmix the batter if you want to obtain a fluffy texture.
- To check if the gingerbread cake is cooked, insert a wooden skewer into the center of the cake, and if it’s come out clean, it’s done.
- Add some chopped nuts to the batter for an extra crunch.
- Sift the powdered sweetener before making the frosting to avoid any lumps.
- Add some orange extract for a boost of Christmas flavors.
- You can also fold some into the batter and some cranberries.
- Fridge: This gingerbread cake can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Freezer: You can also freeze gingerbread cake. Just place the leftover slices(without the cream cheese frosting) in an airtight container and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months!
More Keto Desserts
Keto Gingerbread Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 175°C. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, heavy cream, melted butter, molasses, sweetener, and vanilla extract. Mix until frothy.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out almost clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes before slicing .
- Make the icing – Place a medium saucepan over low heat and melt the butter. Mix in the cocoa powder, ginger, and powdered sweetener until dissolved.
- Top with ginger icing, chocolate ganache, or chocolate frosting. Sprinkle a few roasted hazelnuts, and enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.