Made with just a few ingredients and ready in under 30 minutes, this keto cream of mushroom soup is thick, creamy, and ultra comforting. It’s the perfect substitute for the condensed cream of mushroom soup you can use in recipes.
Just imagine a bowl of mushroom soup loaded with garlic and onion flavor on a cold autumn day. I am sure you will love it and make it over and over again because it’s a real delight.
We love making soups, and this creamy mushroom soup recipe is no exception. Loaded with mushrooms, light and super creamy this soup recipe is always a crowd pleaser.
This keto cream of mushroom soup recipe is a rich and creamy low-carb soup that’s super easy to prepare for a filling and comforting dinner.
Of course, since it’s so delicious, there won’t be any leftovers; however, if there are any, this gluten free keto cream of mushroom soup is also a freezer-friendly meal, sounds great, right?
Another great thing about this mushroom soup recipe is that you can enjoy it as a proper meal or use it as an ingredient in other recipes, like green bean casserole.
- 1 Are Mushrooms Keto-Friendly?
- 2 Why Are You Going To Love This Low Carb Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 3 Ingredients For Keto Cream Of Mushrooms Soup
- 4 How To Make This Delicious Keto Cream Of Mushrooms Soup
- 5 Storing Ideas
- 6 Serving Ideas
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8 More Soups Recipes
- 9 Keto Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Are Mushrooms Keto-Friendly?
With 2.3g net carbs per one cup, mushrooms are a super versatile and incredibly keto ingredient, and they can be cooked in many different ways.
Why Are You Going To Love This Low Carb Cream of Mushroom Soup
- You can make it ahead of time
- One pot meal that uses just a few ingredients
- It’s super easy and quick to make
- Low carb and keto-friendly
- Loaded with mushrooms flavor
- It’s creamy, silky, and comforting
Ingredients For Keto Cream Of Mushrooms Soup
You will need only a few easy-to-find ingredients to create this delicious cream of mushroom soup. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Olive Oil & Butter – add the best flavors.
- Onion & Garlic – these two ingredients add a lot of flavor to the soup.
- Mushrooms – you can use any fresh mushrooms that you like. I used brown mushrooms, but white button mushrooms are also great.
- Chicken Broth – use low sodium broth.
- Heavy Cream – use full-fat heavy cream to make the soup extra creamy.
- Almond Milk – you will need unsweetened almond milk. You can also replace it with coconut milk.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
How To Make This Delicious Keto Cream Of Mushrooms Soup
You won’t believe how simple it is to make this delicious keto cream of mushroom soup. Here is everything you have to do:
- Place a large pot over medium heat and add the olive oil and butter.
- Add the onions and sliced mushroom, and saute until lightly browned.
- Add the minced garlic and cook it for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and blend it using an immersion blender. You can also use a regular blender and puree the soup in batches.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley or thyme, and enjoy!
- Fridge – you can store this keto mushroom soup in the fridge in an airtight container for 5 days.
- Freezer – you can also freeze leftover soup in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- To reheat – place the frozen soup in a small saucepan over low heat or microwave until hot.
This Keto Cream Of Mushroom Soup it can be served simply as it is or paired with some keto bread or tortillas. Here are our favorite ones:
- The Best Keto Cornbread Recipe – This keto cornbread is a simple and quick recipe for soups and chili.
- Easy 90 Second Keto Bread – This 90-second keto bread is easy to make, super fluffy, and the best bread replacement.
- Egg-Free High Protein Keto Bread – This keto bread is the best low-carb bread recipe I’ve ever tried, and I’m sure you’ll love it too.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Thicken Low Carb Mushrooms Soup Recipe?
Although the keto soup is really creamy, if you want to make it thicker, you can use low-carb ingredients like Xanthan Gum or Glucomannan Powder.
What Type Of Mushrooms Should I Use?
For this recipe, I like to use fresh cremini or brown mushrooms. But you can also make a delicious soup using portobello mushrooms or a mix of your favorites.
Can I Make This Soup In An Instant Pot?
Sure, you can make this soup using an instant pot if you are not a fan of recipes requiring too much cooking time. Add all the ingredients (except the heavy cream) to an instant pot and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Then release the pressure, add the heavy cream and blend the soup with an immersion blender until creamy.
How To Clean Mushrooms?
The best way to clean mushrooms is to wash them in cold water. Some people do this with a special toothbrush, but I use my hands or a knife to keep it simple. Because mushrooms absorb water, washing them right away before cooking is crucial to prevent them from becoming soggy.
More Soups Recipes
- Creamy Keto Pumpkin Soup – This creamy keto pumpkin soup is thick, aromatic, and ultra-comforting.
- Creamy Keto Taco Soup – This Keto Taco Soup is loaded with your favorite Mexican flavors, packed with protein, and super filling.
- Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup – This keto broccoli cheddar soup contains many mouthwatering flavors without all the hidden carbs.
Keto Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and mushrooms, and saute for 10 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth, almond milk, salt, dried thyme, and black pepper.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Sprinkle with xanthan gum (to thicken) and stir well. Remove from the heat and stir in heavy cream. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper.
- Puree using an immersion blender until creamy, or enjoy as it is.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.