Learn how to make the best keto snickers bars that are just as as delicious as those store-bought ones but healthier. Just imagine 2 layers of nougat and caramel with crunchy nuts, then coated with chocolate; it sounds delicious, right?
With only 5g net carbs per serving and ready in 15 minutes, this recipe for sugar-free snickers is all worth it.
Made from ingredients that are available to anyone, this snickers recipe is a healthier version of the famous Snickers bars that we find in store. So make these homemade snickers if you want to surprise your family with something sweet and delicious.
It all started with these delicious keto oreo cookies. After I made them, I decided to try to prepare the keto versions of all the famous sweets from the stores. So if you are looking for a keto bounty or keto Twix recipe, try these ones, and you won’t regret it.
- 1 Are Snickers Bars Keto-Friendly?
- 2 Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- 3 Ingredients For Keto Snickers Bars
- 4 How To Make Keto Snickers Bars
- 5 Storing Ideas
- 6 Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
- 7 How To Cut Easily These Keto Snickers Bars?
- 8 What Should I Do If My Dough Is Too Crumbly?
- 9 More Keto Desserts
- 10 Keto Snicker Bars
Are Snickers Bars Keto-Friendly?
Regular store-bought Snickers bars are not keto-friendly since they are made from wheat flour, sugar, and other ingredients that are too high in carbs. Traditional Snickers candy bars contain over 30 grams of net carbs and 29 grams of sugar. That’s more than 6 teaspoons of white sugar.
But fortunately, you can still enjoy a delicious snickers bar by using this recipe made from naturally low-carb ingredients that taste the same as delicious as regular ones.
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Super easy to make.
- Has only 5g net carbs per serving.
- It’s a healthier alternative to regular Snickers.
- You can make them ahead of time.
- It’s a great sweet treat for this holiday season.
- It’s a gluten-free and sugar-free dessert.
Ingredients For Keto Snickers Bars
You will need only a few easy-to-find ingredients to create these delicious sugar-free snickers. Here is a list of everything you will need:
For The Nougat Layer:
- Almond Meal – you can make it at home or buy it from the store.
- Coconut Flour – this is one of my favorite low-carb flour substitutes. I recommended sifting it for the best texture.
- Keto Maple Syrup – you can use our recipe for a homemade version or buy it from the store.
- Milk – you can use your favorite milk alternatives, such as almond or coconut milk.
For The Caramel Layer
- Keto Caramel – Use my recipe for keto caramel to obtain one of the best rich buttery caramel you have ever tried.
- Chopped Nuts – adds extra texture to the snickers bars.
For The Chocolate Coating
- Chocolate Chips – use unsweetened chocolate chips to avoid extra carbs.
How To Make Keto Snickers Bars
Once you discover how to make these healthy no bake keto snickers bars you will never want to buy them from the store. A super quick dessert made in minutes! So here is everything you will need:
- Start by making the crust. Add all the ingredients for the nougat layer to a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a prepared loaf pan and refrigerate it while preparing the rest of the recipe.
- Next, prepare the caramel sauce and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour the caramel over the nougat layer and sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
- Transfer the loaf pan to the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Make the chocolate coating. Add the chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl and melt them for 3 minutes.
- Remove the snickers from the loaf pan and cut it into 16 bars.
- Dip each bar in the melted chocolate until well-covered.
- Arrange them on a baking sheet and refrigerate them until the chocolate is hardened.
- Fridge: You can store these keto snickers bars in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Freezer: These sugar-free snickers bars are also freezer-friendly. So, you can store them in a freezer-safe bag or an airtight container for up to one month.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Sure, this recipe is great for making it ahead of time, and store it in the fridge until you are craving something sweet.
Also, to save time, you can prepare the keto caramel in advance since it requires some time to cool and thicken.
How To Cut Easily These Keto Snickers Bars?
To cut the bars easily, make sure that you are using a sharp knife.
What Should I Do If My Dough Is Too Crumbly?
In this case, you can add one more tbsp of almond milk until you reach the right consistency.
More Keto Desserts
Keto Snicker Bars
For The Nougat Layer
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup keto maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk or coconut milk
For The Caramel Layer
- ½ cup brown sweetener replacement
- 5 tbsp butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp salt
For The Chocolate Topping
- 2 cups chocolate chips unsweetened
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Start by making the nougat layer. Add the almond, coconut flour, maple syrup, and almond milk to a bowl and mix until combined. If the mixture is too dry, add one more tbsp of milk.
- Press the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and refrigerate it for about 15 minutes.
- Make the caramel filling. Add the sweetener and butter to a saucepan, and mix until well combined. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 2 minutes until bubbling.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and whisk in the heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Sprinkle the xanthan gum and whisk vigorously to combine. Add salt and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Let the caramel sauce cook for 3 minutes, remove it from the heat, and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the caramel over the nougat layer and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Make the chocolate topping. Add the chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until the chocolate it’s melted.
- Remove from the freezer and cut it into 16 bars.
- Dip each snickers bar into the melted chocolate until well covered and arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 more minute and enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.