Learn how to make the best keto coconut cream cheesecake that melts in your mouth. This low carb coconut cheesecake is rich, creamy, and loaded with coconut flavor.
Just think about a gluten-free crust filled with a creamy coconut filling, then baked in the oven until perfection and topped with a delicious sugar-free frosting. Sounds delicious, right?
Let me tell you a story. I recently shared made this gluten-free coconut cream cheesecake and shared it with my friends, and they all absolutely loved it!
The combination of rich cream cheese filling and light-as-air whipped topping creates a delightful textural contrast in each bite. It has all the flavors of traditional cheesecake wit a perfect hint of coconut flavor. It’s creamy, perfectly sweet, and super low in sugar, so you can have it freely even on keto!
It’s an amazing dessert that can satisfy any craving without breaking your diet goals.
With just a few net carbs per serving, this keto coconut cream cheesecake recipe is the perfect dessert for anyone craving something sweet or needing a special treat to impress their loved ones.
My family and I are big fans of cheesecake recipes, and if you like this recipe, I am pretty sure you will also love our classic keto cheesecake, keto Oreo cheesecake, or no-bake keto cheesecake recipe.
- 1 Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Coconut Cream Cheesecake
- 2 Ingredients Needed
- 3 How To Make This Keto Coconut Cream Cheesecake
- 4 Tips For Making The Best Keto Coconut Cream Cheesecake
- 5 Topping Ideas For This Keto Coconut Cream Cheesecake
- 6 Variations
- 7 Storing Ideas
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 More Coconut Recipes
- 10 Keto Coconut Cream Cheesecake
Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Coconut Cream Cheesecake
- You can make it ahead of time.
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
- Super easy to prepare.
- It’s a gluten-free and sugar-free dessert recipe.
- It’s a customizable recipe. You can top this cheesecake according to your liking.
- It’s a healthier dessert option perfect for adults and kids.
- Super light and creamy
You will need a few simple ingredients to create this delicious coconut dessert. Here is a list of everything you will need:
For The Crust
This recipe uses almond flour to make a delicious keto crust for this sugar-free cheesecake.
- Almond Flour – use super fine almond flour to avoid creating any clumps. If you can’t find superfine almond flour, use a food processor to blend it into a fine powder. For the almond flour, you could use another type of nut meal, such as hazelnut, pecan or walnut instead.
- Butter – you will need unsalted butter. Used to bind all the ingredients for the crust together.
- Sweetener – use your favorite sweetener; just ensure it’s powdered since it combines well.
- Cinnamon – it’s an optional ingredient.
For The Filling
- Cream Cheese – you will need full-fat softened cream cheese to mix well.
- Sweetener – feel free to use any powdered sweetener to ensure good mixing.
- Coconut Cream – use the best full-fat canned coconut cream for an extra delicious flavor.
- Eggs – use large room-temperature eggs to avoid any eggy flavor. It helps the cream bind.
- Vanilla Extract – you can replace it with the same amount of coconut extract.
For The Coconut Cream Frosting
- Coconut Cream – helps the frosting to be creamier and tastier.
- Sweetener – adds sweetness to the frosting. Make sure that you are using powdered sweeteners to combine well.
- Cream Cheese – you will need softened cream cheese to get that creamy texture.
How To Make This Keto Coconut Cream Cheesecake
Follow the next steps if you want to enjoy the most delicious coconut cheesecake you have ever tried. Although it might initially seem complicated, you will see that it’s super easy to make. Here is everything you need to do:
Making the Almond Flour Crust
Despite what you might think, making a delicious, low-carb cheesecake is surprisingly easy!
Add the almond flour, sweetener, cinnamon, and melted butter to a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
Next, press the dough into the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish and store it in the fridge while making the filling.
Preheat the oven to 325°F / 160°C. Adjust the rack to the middle of the oven. Bake for about 10 minutes or until slightly crispy on the edges.
Preparing the Coconut Filling
With our crust in the oven, it’s time to move on to making the filling.
Add the softened cream cheese and sweetener to a mixing bowl and use an electric mixer to mix until smooth and creamy.
Beat everything together until fully combined, then pour the mixture into your prepared pan over top of the cooled crust.
Baking The Cheesecake
Now that we have our cake all ready to go, let’s get baking!
Transfer the cheesecake to the preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
Remove from the oven and cool at room temperature for about one hour.
Preparing the Frosting
Beat the coconut cream, softened cream cheese, and sweetener for about 3 minutes until creamy.
Spread the frosting over the cooled cheesecake using a silicone spatula and top with shredded coconut.
Refrigerate for about one hour before slicing it, and enjoy.
Tips For Making The Best Keto Coconut Cream Cheesecake
- Use high-quality ingredients. It’s important to use ingredients of the highest quality to make the best cheesecake you have ever tried.
- Room-temperature ingredients. Bring all the ingredients to room temperature to ensure a good mixing and the best texture.
- Don’t overmix the cheesecake filling. This may add too much air and cause the cheesecake to crack while baking.
- Sift the ingredients. I recommended sifting the almond flour and sweetener before adding them to avoid lumping.
- Press the crust firmly into the pan. This will prevent the crust from crumbling and falling apart.
- Let the cheesecake cool down before slicing. This ensures the cheesecake holds its shape when sliced.
- Use parchment paper. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper to remove the cheesecake easier.
Topping Ideas For This Keto Coconut Cream Cheesecake
Now that you know all about baking the perfect keto coconut cream cheesecake, let’s talk about toppings! There are plenty of delicious options to choose from
- Homemade Caramel Sauce
- Fresh Berries and Cream – For a classic option, whipped cream and fresh berries always hit the spot.
- Raspberry Jam
- Chocolate Sauce
- Chocolate – Add 1-2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and melted chocolate chips for a rich and decadent chocolate version. You can also sprinkle on some dark chocolate shavings as an added topping!
- Peanut Butter – Replace half of the butter with peanut butter for extra nutty notes. If you want it sweeter, then add in some sugar-free caramel sauce too.
- Berries – Top your finished cake off with fresh berries like raspberries or blueberries for an antioxidant boost. This will help balance out the sweetness while adding color and texture.
- Fridge: cover this keto coconut cream cheesecake leftovers with plastic wrap and store them in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Freezer: If you want to freeze it, I recommend freezing the crust and filing separately. Then thaw and assemble the cheesecake the day before you want to enjoy it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Coconut Keto-Friendly?
Yes, coconut and coconut-based products are great for a keto diet since they are low in carbs and sugar and also contain nutritious fat.
Is Cheesecake Keto?
Regular cheesecake recipes are not keto since they are high in and are made with graham crackers or cookie crumbs.
But fortunately, you can still enjoy a delicious cheesecake while following a ketogenic diet by making a few simple changes to the ingredients as we did in this recipe.
How Do I Know The Cheesecake Is Done?
You will know that your coconut cheesecake is done when the edges are golden, and the center is firm to the touch yet jiggly on the inside.
How Do I Prevent The Coconut Cheesecake From Cracking?
If you want to ensure your cheesecake won’t crack while baking, you can bake it in a water bath. This will help the cheesecake keep moist and prevent It from cracking.
More Coconut Recipes
- Foolproof Fluffy & Thick Keto Pancakes with Coconut Flour
- Coconut Flour Chocolate Cake
- Chicken Coconut Curry
- Easy Keto Coconut Macaroons
Keto Coconut Cream Cheesecake
For The Filling
For The Topping
- ½ can coconut cream
- ¼ cup sweetener
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Add all the ingredients for the crust to a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Press the dough into the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish and store it in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F / 160°C. Bake the crust for about 10 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and sweetener to a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the cooled crust and bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove from the oven and cool at room temperature.
- Beat the coconut cream, softened cream cheese, and sweetener until creamy.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled cheesecake and top with shredded coconut.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.