This chia jam is the easiest jam you can make in 10 minutes using any fruit and the gelling power of the chia seeds. Forget about the tons of refined sugar used in the classic jam and make this fresh and easy chia berry jam recipe. Made with only 3 ingredients, this chia seed jam is delicious, low carb, and super easy to make from scratch.
What is Chia Jam?
Chia Seed Jam is a sugar-free healthy alternative to regular jam that’s loaded with sugar. Instead, chia seeds thicken the mashed fruits while adding tons of fiber without added sugar. The best part? It takes less than 20 minutes to make from scratch.
Easy Chia Jam Recipe
To make this easy berry chia jam you can use any fresh or frozen berries. I don’t defrost the raspberries before using them to make this easy jam.
This recipe is not only easy to
Chia seeds are a superfood that’s high in omega-3 fatty acids and have tons of fiber and protein. These amazing seeds have the power to gel and absorb tons of liquid giving such an amazing jam texture.
Reasons You’ll Love This Keto Jam Recipe
I love this chia jam recipe because it’s:
- healthy and low in carbs
- has no refined sugar
- ready almost instantly
- made with only 3 ingredients and 10 minutes
- only one gram net carbs
- super versatile as you can use any of your favorite fruits
I serve the with my favorite low carb yogurt for a quick breakfast or as a snack with nuts.
Chia Jam Ingredients
- Berries – These fruits are very tasty and low in carbs. Here I show you how I make my favorite chia jam with raspberries, but you can use any low carb fruits you love. Strawberries, blackberries, or a mix of berries are great to make this fantastic jam. Use any berries you like, add chia seeds and in 10 minutes serve a high in antioxidants sugar-free delicious jam.
- Chia Seeds – Packed with nutrients and fiber, these seeds have this amazing powder to gel and thicken the berries sauce transforming it into a delicious jam. I use white chia seeds because they are less visible in the jam, but the regular chia seeds are perfect to use, as well. As the jam cools down the chia seeds will thicken it.
- Sweetener – Use 2-3 tablespoons of sweetener for every 2 cups of berries. For the keto jam, use an erythritol blend. If paleo use honey or coconut sugar. Use more or less depending on how sweet you perfect your jam to be.
Feel free to experiment and use different low carb fruits and flavors (Vanilla extract is a great addition). Depending on the desired consistency, use more or fewer chia seeds.
How To Make Chia Jam
Making chia jam at home is incredibly easy once you decide what fruits to use. Whether you choose fresh or frozen berries, they are all fantastic options.
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the fruit and mix well and simmer for about 5 minutes. Use a fork or a potato masher to puree the fruits into a smooth jam.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and mix in the chia seeds. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes, so the chia seeds absorb the liquids and double in size. The chia jam continues to thicken as it cools. If necessary, add more chia seeds to get the desired thickness.
- Transfer the chia raspberry jam to a glass jar.
How To Use Chia Jam
- Spread over toasted keto bread smothered with butter.
- Serve over keto lemon pound cake
- Mix into homemade yogurt
- Top your stack of fluffy keto waffles or coconut flour pancakes.
- Serve over your homemade keto vanilla ice cream
How To Store Chia Jam
- Fridge– Store chia jam in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Freezer– Freeze chia jam for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, defrost overnight and give it a good stir.
10 Minute Chia Jam Recipe
- Add the fresh or frozen raspberries, sweetener, into a medium nonstick saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil constantly whisking with a spatula or wooden spoon. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Add 2 tablespoons of chia seeds over the raspberry puree. Mix until well incorporated, then let sit for 10 minutes at room temperature so the chia seeds can absorb the liquid and double in size.
- Stir in the lemon juice, and transfer the chia raspberry jam to a glass jar. Use as desired. Store the jam in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.