This keto blueberry dump cake is a simple low carb dessert recipe that’s loaded with juicy berries and a perfectly crispy topping. Just dump all the ingredients in a baking dish and bake until golden.
Serve with a scoop of keto ice cream or sugar free frozen yogurt, and it’s surely going to be a hit at any summer party.
I think a low carb dump cake is the best recipe if you’re short on time and want to prepare a quick mess-free keto dessert. This easy dessert requires minimal prep and ingredients, but it’s perfect for breakfast served with a cup of coffee.
You will have a truly irresistible experience with incredible flavors and textures.
I’m a big fan of easy-to-prepare keto desserts. Since I discovered dump cakes, there has been no summer in which I do not prepare them with all kinds of fruits, sometimes twice a week.
It’s a dessert recipe that is simple, fast, and versatile, but at the same time delicious, that I can’t get enough of it.
- 1 What Is A Dump Cake?
- 2 Is Dump Cake Keto-Friendly?
- 3 Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Dump Cake Recipe
- 4 Keto Blueberry Dump Cake Ingredients
- 5 How To Make Low Carb Blueberry Dump Cake
- 6 Storing Ideas
- 7 How To Serve
- 8 Tips And Variations For This Recipe
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 More Desserts To Try
- 11 Keto Blueberry Dump Cake
What Is A Dump Cake?
A dump cake is a cobbler-like dessert made of creamy fruit filling, topped with well-browned crunchy dough, and served with ice cream or yogurt.
It’s not as complicated as it sounds, especially if you follow the instructions in the recipe below.
Is Dump Cake Keto-Friendly?
No, regular dump cakes are not keto-friendly since they are made with a lot of white flour and sugar, both extremely rich in carbohydrates.
Fortunately, there is a keto recipe that has fewer sugar and carbs than the regular recipe and tastes the same as delicious or even better.
Serve it with a generous dollop of keto whipped cream that pairs with this out-of-this world dessert.
No one will guess this easy blueberry dessert is keto-friendly.
Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Dump Cake Recipe
- Minimal prep and ingredients
- Super-versatile you can use your favorite berries.
- Perfect as a quick dessert or breakfast
Keto Blueberry Dump Cake Ingredients
You only need a few easy ingredients to create this delicious blueberry dump cake recipe.
- Blueberries – you can use either fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Coconut & Almond Flour – Using a mix of these two types of flour will help you create the crispiest and most delicious crumble you will ever try.
- Sweetener – Use your favorite sweetener as long as it is powdered to combine well.
- Butter – if you are looking for a dairy-free recipe, feel free to use coconut oil instead of butter.
- Lemon – you will need lemon juice and zest to give a lemony and tangy flavor.
- Xanthan Gum – optional but helps the blueberry filling become super thick, similar to a jam. It’s like using flour but without the carbs.
How To Make Low Carb Blueberry Dump Cake
You will love this recipe once you see how easy it is to prepare. Here is everything you have to do:
- Place fresh or frozen blueberries in a 9×13 baking dish. Add the sweetener, lemon juice, zest, and a pinch of xanthan gum (optional). Toss well to combine.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, melted butter, baking powder, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture over the blueberries.
- Bake your dump cake in the preheated oven until the top is golden brown and the berry filling appears to have thickened. This will take 35-40 minutes.
- Allow cooling slightly before serving.
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to five days!
How To Serve
I think the perfect idea to serve this dump cake is with a scoop of ice cream. But depending on your taste, you can also serve it with whipped cream, caramel sauce, or chocolate chips.
Tips And Variations For This Recipe
- Use unsalted grass feed butter for the best flavor.
- For some extra crunch, add some chopped nuts.
- Replace the butter with coconut oil to make a vegan keto blueberry dump cake that’s also vegan and egg-free.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Is It Called Dump Cake?
The name dump cake comes from the fact that it is made with simple ingredients that are “dumped” into a pan creating a delicious and easy dessert.
What’s The Difference Between Dump Cake And Cobbler?
Exactly as it sounds, a dump cake is a cake that is made by dumping all of the ingredients into a baking pan and baking it. A cobbler, on the other hand, is a dessert where the batter is mixed before being spread over the fruit mix.
How To Know When My Dump Cake Is Cooked?
When the top of your dump cake is golden brown, and the fruits are softened, it’s time to remove it from the oven. If you need to add a few more minutes to create that perfect golden brown top, don’t be afraid to do so; just make sure you keep an eye on it.
More Desserts To Try
- Easy Keto Blueberry Bread with Lemon Cheesecake Frosting
- No-Bake Keto Cheesecake
- The Best Keto Chocolate Cake
- Keto Lemon Pound Cake
Keto Blueberry Dump Cake
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C. Grease a 9×9″ baking dish with cooking spray or grease with butter.
- Add berries, sweetener, lemon juice, lemon zest, and xanthan gum. Toss to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the coconut flour, almond flour, melted butter, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture over the blueberries.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the blueberry pie filling looks bubbly, and the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with keto whipped cream or your favorite low carb ice cream.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.