Learn how to prepare a delicious sugar-free protein shake recipe that it’s ready in under 5 minutes and tastes incredibly delicious. So choose your favorite flavor from the next keto protein shakes recipes and tell us which one it is.
When you are in a hurry, you can replace breakfast with a protein shake because it’s extremely tasty, full of nutrients, and easy to make. But if you choose to make a protein shake, you must be careful with the ingredients you are using, especially if you are following a keto diet.
Skipping breakfast to arrive on time for work is not such a great idea. So what about an extremely tasty and nutritious protein shake?
Protein shakes energize you and save you a lot of time in the morning when you don’t have much time to make breakfast. They are so energizing that you can even forget about morning coffee.
- 1 Are Protein Shakes Keto-Friendly?
- 2 What Are Protein Shakes?
- 3 Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- 4 Ingredients For Keto Protein Shake
- 5 How To Make A Protein Shake
- 6 Tips And Variations For Making The Best Protein Shake
- 7 Keto Protein Shakes Flavors
- 8 What To Look For In A Protein Shake?
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 More Keto Drinks
- 11 Keto Protein Shakes Recipes (6 Flavors)
Are Protein Shakes Keto-Friendly?
If we are talking about regular protein shakes made with cow milk and sweetened with sugar, we can say they are not keto. But fortunately, there are a lot of keto recipes for protein shakes that are also tasty and full of nutrients.
What Are Protein Shakes?
Protein shakes are smoothie-like blended drinks filled with a lot of protein. Protein shakes provide dietary protein and help build muscle after exercise. Eating a protein shake after a workout gives you the nutrients your muscles need to recover and rebuild.
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Super easy to make in under 5 minutes.
- It can be made ahead of time.
- Great for a quick and easy breakfast.
- It’s a versatile recipe. You can make it according to your taste.
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
Ingredients For Keto Protein Shake
It’s easy to make a protein shake at home using just a few easy ingredients. Here is everything you need:
- Milk – You can use any vegetable milk, according to your preferences. We chose almond milk because it is a low-carb version and does not influence the final taste of the dish.
- Sweetener – use powdered one to ensure good mixing.
- Protein powder – feel free to use your favorite protein powder as long as it is unsweetened.
How To Make A Protein Shake
Making a protein shake is one of the easiest ways to prepare a delicious breakfast without spending too much time in the kitchen.
- So you must prepare your high-speed blender, add all the ingredients, and blend until you obtain a creamy and smooth protein shake.
- Pour your shake into a glass and enjoy. Easy, right?
Tips And Variations For Making The Best Protein Shake
- Add a tablespoon of chia or flax seeds for a fiber intake.
- Add some chopped nuts or half an avocado to fill your protein shake with good fat.
Keto Protein Shakes Flavors
Protein shakes are a delicious and easy way to tone your muscles and eliminate unwanted pounds.
Above, we have shown you how to create a delicious base for protein shakes that can be mixed with many other ingredients to create a shake to everyone’s taste. Choose your favorite flavor from the list below, create the shake base, and make your favorite protein shake.
1. Protein Shake With Chocolate And Coffee – This shake can supplement your coffee and the chocolate you crave every day.
Ingredients: 1/2 cup of coffee + 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
2. Protein Shake With Peanut Butter – the best recipe for all peanut butter lovers.
Ingredients: 2 tbsp peanut butter + chopped nuts to garnish
3. Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake – what’s better than a peanut butter protein shake? That’s right, a peanut butter protein shake that is loaded with chocolate flavors
Ingredients: 2 tbsp peanut butter + 2 tbsp cocoa powder
4. Chocolate Avocado Protein Shake – Although chocolate and avocado may not seem to go well together, they do so in a tasty protein shake recipe. This shake is a great snack between meals or as a substitute.
Ingredients: 1/2 large avocado + 2 tbsp cocoa powder
5. Vanilla Protein Shake
Ingredients: 1 tbsp vanilla extract (in this recipe, you can use vanilla protein powder for an intense vanilla flavor)
6. Protein Shake With Fruit Of Your Choice – This shake is a refreshing protein shake that can be easily customized, depending on the seasonal fruits and your preferences.
Ingredients: 1 cup of favorite your favorite berries
What To Look For In A Protein Shake?
When making a protein shake at home and following a keto diet, you should pay attention to the ingredients you use. Here are some examples:
- Protein powder – The best protein powders are made with natural sweeteners like stevia or monk fruit. Avoid those that contain added sugar and other know ingredients.
- Milk – Use any plan-based milk that you like.
- Sweetener – Regarding sweeteners, feel free to use your favorite one as long as it is powdered.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Protein Shakes Healthy?
Sure, as long it is not high in added sugars and calories, protein shakes are a healthy option for a filling and easy breakfast. Just keep in mind that you should opt for homemade protein shakes in moderation. Do it two or three times a week and adopt a balanced diet.
Do Protein Shakes Help You Lose Weight?
Yes, according to a study(1*), protein drinks have been recognized as an effective method for treating or preventing obesity thanks to improvement in body weight management.
Protein Shakes Vs. Smoothie
The main difference between these two drinks is the protein. Both are blended drinks with a wide range of ingredients; however, smoothies frequently focus more on fruit and don’t always contain protein.
Can I Add Vegetables To My Protein Shake?
Definitely; here are some great ideas of vegetables that will give a great flavor to your protein shake:
- You can add broccoli for a boost of fiber.
- Spinach and kale will fill your shake with iron.
- Add one avocado for creaminess and fats.
More Keto Drinks
- Keto Strawberry Smoothie (4 Ingredients!)
- Keto Avocado Smoothie
- How to Make Bulletproof Coffee at Home? Keto Butter Coffee Recipe
- Thick and Creamy Homemade Keto Hot Chocolate
Keto Protein Shakes Recipes (6 Flavors)
- 1/4 cup protein powder vanilla flavor
- 1 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1/4 cup ice
- Start by adding all the protein shake ingredients to a blender.
- Then add your favorite mix-ins ingredients and blend for a few minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour your shake into a glass or shaker and enjoy immediately.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.