Forget about those boring breakfast recipes, and make your morning special with these delicious and easy-to-make eggs benedict. So learn how to prepare the best eggs benedict for breakfast or brunch to surprise your loved ones.
Imagine a fluffy slice of bread topped with smoked salmon, perfect poached eggs, and a creamy and delicious hollandaise sauce. Sounds delicious, right?
What’s not to love about this recipe? It’s budget-friendly, loaded with delicious flavors, and packed with high-quality protein.
When I first made this recipe at home, I was surprised about how delicious it could be. And the best part? You can prepare it according to your taste by replacing the smocked salmon with your favorite ingredient. Also, they are way cheaper than those from restaurants.
- 1 What Are Eggs Benedict?
- 2 Are Eggs Benedict Keto-Friendly?
- 3 Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- 4 Ingredients For These Eggs Benedict
- 5 How To Make These Eggs Benedict
- 6 Make The Hollandaise Sauce
- 7 Tips For Making The Best Eggs Benedict
- 8 Recipe Variations
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 Eggs Benedict
What Are Eggs Benedict?
Eggs Benedict is a popular American breakfast made from two slices of English muffin, cooked bacon, and a poached egg topped with a creamy classic hollandaise sauce.
Are Eggs Benedict Keto-Friendly?
Regular eggs benedict are not keto since they are made with English muffins making them too high in carbs.
But fortunately, this recipe is made with a delicious bread replacement that tastes the same as delicious the original one.
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- It’s super easy to make.
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
- Has only 1g net carbs per serving.
- Taste like the original one but with fewer carbs.
Ingredients For These Eggs Benedict
You will need only a few easy-to-find ingredients to create these delicious eggs benedict for breakfast. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- 90-second bread – make a batch of my 90-second bread for a super fluffy and best bread replacement.
- Smoked Salmon – you can use salmon or some ham slices.
- Eggs – always room-temperature eggs.
- White Vinegar – used for poaching eggs.
- Parsley – to garnish.
For The Hollandaise Sauce
- Egg Yolk – will thicken the sauce, making it creamy.
- Lemon Juice – gives a tangy flavor and helps the egg yolk absorb more fat from the butter.
- Butter- adds flavor and helps the sauce thicken up.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
How To Make These Eggs Benedict
This recipe will be your favorite breakfast once you see how easy it is to prepare. Here is everything you have to do:
Start by making the 90-second bread.
Make The Poached Eggs.
Fill a medium saucepan with 3-4 inches of water over medium-high heat and bring it to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low and pour in the white Vinegar. Ensure the water is cool enough, so there are still bubbles on the bottom of the saucepan.
Crack an egg into a small bowl and spin it inside the pan using a slotted spoon to create a vortex.
Add the egg to the center of the vortex and cook for 3 minutes.
Using a slotted spoon, remove the egg and dry it on a paper towel. Repeat the process with the other egg.
Make The Hollandaise Sauce
Add the egg yolk, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to a bowl and mix for 1 minute.
Pour in the melted butter while mixing constantly.
Move the stick up and down and mix for 10 seconds.
Assemble The Eggs Benedict
Toast the 90-second bread slices and place them on plates.
Add the smoked salmon and poached eggs, and top with Hollandaise sauce and fresh parsley. Enjoy!!
Tips For Making The Best Eggs Benedict
- To prevent the hollandaise sauce from separating, softly whisk in the butter.
- Make sure that the water is not boiling when adding the egg.
- Use fresh eggs for poached eggs.
- When making the hollandaise sauce, ensure the melted butter is not hot.
- You can replace the smoked salmon with bacon slices if you want.
- Add some chopped chives on top of the hollandaise sauce.
- Feel free to add some veggies if you want, like tomatoes and avocado.
Frequently Asked Questions
Eggs Florence Vs. Eggs Benedict
Both egg Florence and Benedict have toasted English muffins and classic hollandaise sauce, but eggs Florence have a layer of sautéed spinach between them.
What Is Hollandaise Sauce?
Also known as Dutch sauce, hollandaise sauce is a mixture made of egg yolk, butter, and lemon juice, usually used for eggs benedict or served with different types of steamed vegetables.
- 90- Second Keto Bread
- 2 slices smoked salmon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
For The Hollandaise Sauce
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Start by making the 90-second bread according to this recipe.
Make the poached eggs.
- Fill a medium saucepan with 3-4 inches of water and bring it to a boil.
- Next, reduce the heat to low and pour in the white Vinegar.
- Ensure the water is cool enough, so there are still bubbles on the bottom of the saucepan.
- Crack an egg into a small bowl and spin it inside the pan using a slotted spoon to create a whirl.
- Pour the egg into the center of the whirl and cook for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, remove the egg and dry it on a paper towel using a slotted spoon. Repeat the process with the other egg.
Make the hollandaise sauce.
- Add the egg yolk, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to a bowl and mix for 1 minute using a hand mixer until thin and creamy.
- Pour in the melted butter while mixing constantly.
- Move the mixer up and down and mix for 10 seconds.
Assemble the eggs benedict.
- Toast the 90-second bread for 1 minute on each side and place them on plates.
- Add the smoked salmon slices and the poached egg, then cover with hollandaise sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy!!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.