Made with only a few easy ingredients and ready in 15 minutes, this keto breadcrumbs recipe is a lifesaver in keto recipes. And the best part is that they are extremely versatile, gluten-free, and easy to make.
We all love those foods with an extra crunchy taste that are dipped in sauce and enjoyed with many delicious side dishes, right? Well, the secret ingredient that adds extra crispness and crunchiness to dishes is breadcrumbs.
We all know that regular breadcrumbs are not keto, but we are here with great news: even if the keto diet is not allowing you to enjoy breadcrumbs, you can still include them in your recipes by using a keto version.
Breadcrumbs are extremely useful in many keto recipes, like meatballs or meatloaf, which work as a binder. So if you are planning to make some recipes that require breadcrumbs but are on a keto diet, you can use this recipe that’s a keto version and a lifesaver.
- 1 What Are Bread Crumbs?
- 2 Why Are You Going To Love This Homemade Low Carb Breadcrumbs Recipe
- 3 Are Breadcrumbs Keto Friendly?
- 4 Ingredients For This Keto Breadcrumbs
- 5 How To Make These Keto Bread Crumbs
- 6 Recipe Variations
- 7 How To Use These Keto Breadcrumbs
- 8 Storing Ideas
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 Keto Breadcrumbs
What Are Bread Crumbs?
Breadcrumbs are usually made from bread used as a binding agent, coatings for different dishes, or topping for recipes like casseroles.
Why Are You Going To Love This Homemade Low Carb Breadcrumbs Recipe
- It’s extremely easy to make.
- You can make it ahead of time.
- It can be used for many recipes.
- It’s a low-carb and gluten-free recipe.
Are Breadcrumbs Keto Friendly?
If you are talking about regular bread crumbs that are made from wheat flour or gluten bread, we all know that they are not keto-friendly.
But fortunately, there is a keto version of breadcrumbs that are made with naturally low-carb ingredients and can be used to create many crispy and crunchy recipes.
Ingredients For This Keto Breadcrumbs
These keto breadcrumbs are extremely easy to make by using only a few ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Here is everything you will need:
- 8 Slices Of Keto White Bread – if you don’t have any keto bread leftovers, you can make our recipe for egg-free keto bread.
- Salt & Pepper – to taste.
How To Make These Keto Bread Crumbs
These keto breadcrumbs are extremely easy to make, especially if you have some keto bread leftovers in your kitchen. Here is everything you have to do:
- Preheat your oven to 300F/150C.
- Cut the bread into small cubes, then place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bread cubes are crispy.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool. Place in a food processor and process until fine.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it can be made according to your taste. Here are some great ideas:
- Add a tbsp of smoked paprika for a smoky flavor.
- You can use some red pepper chili flakes for a spicy flavor.
- You can also add some garlic or onion powder to make it flavorful.
- Feel free to add your favorite dried herbs like oregano, basil, or parsley.
How To Use These Keto Breadcrumbs
These keto bread crumbs are great in many recipes to help everything bind together or to create that crispy crust. Here are some recipes that call for breadcrumbs or Panko:
- Room Temperature – These keto breadcrumbs can be stored in a jar or ziplock bag on the counter for up to three months.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Can I Do If I Don’t Have Keto Bread?
If you don’t have some keto bread leftovers or you didn’t have time to make bread, don’t worry because you can still make keto bread crumbs by using pork rinds.
Place the pork rinds in a blender and mix until it has the right consistency of bread crumbs. Then add the seasonings, mix until well combined, and that’s it.
Can I Freeze These Keto Bread Crumbs?
Sure, these keto bread crumbs are freezer-friendly. So once completely cooled, transfer them to a freezer-safe bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- 8 slices low-carb bread
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300F/150C.
- Break the bread slices into rough pieces or cut into cubes and transfer to a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Season with salt, pepper or any additional seasonings. Spread into an even layer.
- Bake the crumbs in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer to a food processor and process until fine breadcrumbs are formed.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.