These keto vanilla protein muffins are super fluffy, naturally sweetened, and ready in just 30 minutes from start to finish. Made using wholesome ingredients, enjoy these gluten-free muffins as a healthy treat for breakfast or a snack.
So if you are looking for a low-carb breakfast or satisfying snack, this sugar-free vanilla protein muffins recipe is what you need. Enjoy them with a cup of tea or coffee in the morning to start your day beautifully.
These low-carb muffins provide a satisfying and healthy energy source, perfect for those who want to add more protein to their diet.
Loaded with vanilla flavor and sugar-free chocolate chips, these keto protein muffins are great for meal-prep to enjoy as a quick grab-an-go option snack.
I love making muffins since they are super easy to make and are loved by even the peakiest people. So if you love them as much as we do, then you also need to try our Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins, Keto Cranberry Muffins, Keto Chocolate Muffins, or Keto Egg Muffins.
- 1 Why Are You Going To Love This Vanilla Protein Muffins Recipe
- 2 Ingredients For Keto Vanilla Protein Muffins
- 3 How To Make Keto Vanilla Protein Muffins
- 4 Tips For Making Vanilla Protein Muffins
- 5 Mix-in Variations
- 6 Storing Ideas
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8 Keto Vanilla Protein Muffins
Why Are You Going To Love This Vanilla Protein Muffins Recipe
- You can make them ahead of time.
- Super easy to make in only 30 minutes.
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
- It’s a versatile recipe; you can customize it by adding chopped nuts or berries.
- It’s a sugar-free, gluten-free, and grain-free recipe.
- Perfectly sweet, moist, and loaded with sugar-free chocolate chips.
Ingredients For Keto Vanilla Protein Muffins
You will need only a few wholesome ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry to create these delicious and easy keto protein muffins. Here is a list of the ingredients that you will need:
- Almond Flour – use superfine almond flour for the best texture.
- Protein Powder – I use unflavored protein powder. But you can use your favorite low-carb protein powder; ensure it’s sugar-free.
- Eggs – room temperature eggs for the best flavor and avoid any eggy flavor.
- Greek Yogurt – helps the muffins become moist and tender. Greek yogurt is also a great source of protein.
- Butter – adds a delicious buttery flavor to the muffins. Use unsalted butter or ghee.
- Sweetener – use your favorite low-carb sweeteners such as monk fruit, Erythritol, or allulose.
- Vanilla Extract – the quality of vanilla extract for an intense flavor.
- Baking Powder – helps the muffins rise and become light and fluffy.
- Chocolate Chips – use your favorite unsweetened chocolate chips.
How To Make Keto Vanilla Protein Muffins
Believe me, if you follow a few simple steps, you will enjoy the most delicious keto protein muffins. Here are the instructions that you have to follow:
Prepare the Muffin Tray
Line a muffin tray with silicone or paper muffin cups.
Make the Protein Muffin Batter
Add the eggs, yogurt, melted butter, and vanilla extract to a bowl and mix until well combined.
Then add the dry ingredients and whisk them until there are no lumps.
Fold in the chocolate chips using a silicone spatula
Distribute the batter between the muffin liners, and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Baking the Muffins
Place the muffin tray in the preheated oven at 350F/180C and bake for 15-18 minutes until golden.
Remove the muffins from the oven when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out almost clean.
Transfer them to a rack to cool before serving.
Tips For Making Vanilla Protein Muffins
- Make sure that you don’t overmix the batter. Otherwise, the muffins will become dense and dry.
- Use room-temperature ingredients to combine everything easily.
- Sift the dry ingredients to help remove any lumps.
- Don’t overbake the muffins. So make sure to remove them from the oven when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Add some fresh blueberries or raspberries to the batter.
- You can substitute the chocolate chips with your favorite chopped nuts, like pecans or almonds.
- You can make some keto cream cheese frosting and pipe it on top of the muffins.
- You can also add some shredded coconut for a nicer texture and extra flavor.
- Add some shredded zucchini for extra moisture.
- Fridge: If you have leftovers, you can store them covered in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Freezer: These homemade muffins can also be stored in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 2 months.Thaw them overnight in the refrigerator or reheat them in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make These Muffins With Coconut Flour?
I don’t recommend replacing the almond flour with coconut flour since they have different properties, and the result will be different.
Can I Make These Muffins In Advance?
Sure, you can make them in advance and store them in the fridge to enjoy whenever you need a quick snack or are craving something sweet.
Are Protein Muffins Good For Us?
Protein muffins aren’t such a good thing for us if we are talking about recipes made with added sugar and other high in carbs ingredients.
But this recipe for keto protein vanilla muffins is good for us since they are made from naturally low-carb ingredients and no other artificial ingredients.
Keto Vanilla Protein Muffins
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup vanilla protein powder
- 2/3 cup sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate chips or more to taste
- Line a muffin tray with silicone or paper muffin cups and preheat your oven to 350 F/180 C.
- Add the eggs, yogurt, vanilla extract, and melted butter to a bowl and mix for 2 minutes until well combined.
- Then add the almond flour, protein powder, sweetener, and baking powder. Mix until there are no lumps.
- Then fold in the chocolate chips using a silicone spatula
- Distribute the batter between the muffin liners, and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake them for 15-18 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and cool them on a cooling rack.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.