This recipe for smoked sausage and peppers skillet it’s a delicious and quick meal that’s ready in only 30 minutes. So make this recipe and enjoy a healthy dinner that’s full of flavor and nutrients.
Once you see how easy it’s to prepare this smoked sausage and peppers skillet, you will want to make it anytime you are struggling with a busy day since it’s one of those recipes that seems to make itself. Just prepare the ingredients and use one skillet for cooking them until perfection.
Just think about some smoky-browned sausages mixed with tender-crunchy bell peppers loaded with delicious flavors like fresh garlic and Italian seasoning, all cooked in one skillet in less than 35 minutes.
Trust me; your entire family will love this recipe.
- 1 Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- 2 Ingredients For Smoked Sausage And Peppers Skillet
- 3 How To Make Smoked Sausage And Peppers Skillet
- 4 Tips and Variations
- 5 Serving Ideas
- 6 Storing Ideas
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8 Smoked Sausage and Peppers Skillet
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Ready in only 30 minutes.
- You can make it ahead of time. Perfect for those busy weeknights.
- It’s a budget-friendly recipe.
- It’s a versatile recipe. Feel free to add your favorite seasonings or vegetables.
- It’s a one pan meal recipe.
Ingredients For Smoked Sausage And Peppers Skillet
This recipe is one of the best dinner or lunch recipes for you and your family on a busy day since it requires ingredients that are easy to find and inexpensive also. Here is everything you need, so check the ingredients and make the best-smoked sausage and pepper skillet recipe.
- Olive Oil – is used to brown the sausage. You can also use any other vegetable oil you want.
- Andouille Sausage – once browned, this type of sausage has a distinct and smoky flavor perfect for this skillet recipe. You can also use regukar kielbasa, bratwurst, or any Italian Sausage.
- Bell Pepper – feel free to use a mix of yellow and red bell peppers to boost color.
- Onion – use your favorite type of onion, like a yellow or red one.
- Italian Seasoning – you can buy it or use our recipe to make it home for a low-calorie and healthier version.
- Garlic – fresh minced garlic for an intense flavor.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
- Red Pepper Flakes – you can skip it if you are not a fan of spicy food.
- Parsley – fresh chopped parsley for garnish.
How To Make Smoked Sausage And Peppers Skillet
This recipe is one of my favorites since it is easy to make and ready in only 30 minutes from start to finish. Here is everything you have to do:
Brown The Sausage
Slice the sausage into 1/2-inch rounds.
Heat one tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, then add the sliced sausage and cook for a few minutes until browned.
Once browned, remove the sausage from the skillet and set aside.
Prepare The Vegetables
Wash and chop up the vegetables to the same size.
Cook The Vegetables
Add the remaining olive oil to the same skillet where you browned the sausage.
Cook the minced garlic for 2 minutes until tender, then add the onion and bell peppers.
Season with Italian seasoning, red pepper chili flakes, salt&pepper and cook for 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are tender but slightly crunchy.
Add The Sausage
Return the cooked sausage back to the skillet, stir until everything is well combined, and cook for 2 more minutes.
Turn off the heat, garnish with fresh parsley, and enjoy.
Tips and Variations
- Cut the vegetables into the same size to ensure an evenly cooked.
- Don’t overcrowd the skillet because some vegetables may be overcooked, and others will remain raw.
- Keep an eye on the sausage while browning since it may burn quickly.
- Feel free to add your favorite vegetables to the skillet, like cauliflower, broccoli, or mushrooms.
I like eating this easy smoked sausage and peppers skillet as simple as it is since it’s full of veggies and nutrients. But you can also pair it with many side dishes. Here are some great ideas:
- Fridge: you can store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
To reheat: Reheat the leftovers in the microwave for 3 minutes or reheat them in the oven.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make This Recipe With Other Type Of Sausage?
Sure, feel free to use your favorite sausage. Kielbasa or chorizo are great substitutes for andouille sausage since they have a perfect ration of meat and fat.
Can I Freeze This Smoked Sausage And Pepper Skillet?
Yes, place the cooled leftovers into freezer bags or an airtight container, and freeze for up to two months.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead?
Yes, this skillet recipe is fantastic for meal prep. You can prep all the ingredients and store them in the fridge until ready to cook.
Smoked Sausage and Peppers Skillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 ounces andouille sausage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- fresh chopped parsley
- Slice the sausage into 1/2-inch rounds.
- Heat one tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, then cook the sausage for a few minutes until browned.
- Once browned, remove them from the skillet and set aside.
- Wash and chop up the vegetables to the same size.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the same skillet, and cook the minced garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion and bell peppers, season with Italian seasoning, red pepper chili flakes, salt&pepper.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are tender but slightly crunchy.
- Return the cooked sausage back to the skillet, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat, garnish with fresh parsley, and enjoy.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.