This glazed ham recipe is one of the most popular recipes on our Christmas table. Tender, juicy, and super easy to make with only 5 minutes of prep, this easy glazed ham recipe will be the star of your holiday dinner.
Whether serving it with some cauliflower mashed potatoes or a simple salad, this glazed ham recipe will surprise everyone since it looks so fancy and tastes incredibly delicious.
I love holidays, and when Christmas comes, I love making recipes that burst with delicious flavors, sweet or savory. And this recipe for glazed ham is everything you need in just one recipe since it’s sweet and spiced, and it can be paired with many side dishes to create a complete meal.
Learn how to make the best ham this season because we provide all of the tips and tricks to help you.
- 1 Is Ham Keto-Friendly?
- 2 Is Glazed Ham Keto-Friendly?
- 3 Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- 4 Ingredients For This Glazed Ham
- 5 How To Make Glazed Ham
- 6 Tips and Variations For Making The Best Glazed Ham
- 7 Serving Ideas
- 8 Storing Ideas
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 How Do I Know If My Ham Is Cooked?
- 11 Can I Make This Recipe With Uncured Ham?
- 12 Glazed Ham
Is Ham Keto-Friendly?
Sure, ham is a keto-friendly meat that it’s also loaded with protein, dietary fat, and important nutrients.
But when buying it, you need to pay attention to those brands that contain added sugar or other ingredients that are too high in carbs.
Is Glazed Ham Keto-Friendly?
No, regular glazed ham is not keto since the glaze used to prepare it is made with sugar making it too high in carbs.
Fortunately, you can still enjoy glazed ham by making this recipe that uses a sugar-free glaze that’s made with homemade maple syrup.
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Super easy to make.
- You can make it ahead of time.
- Requires only 5 minutes of prep.
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
- It’s a versatile recipe. You can pair it with many side dishes.
- Perfect for festive dinners like Christmas or Thanksgiving.
Ingredients For This Glazed Ham
You will need only a few easy-to-find ingredients to create this delicious glazed ham recipe. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Ham – You will need a bone-in fully cooked ham for this recipe.
- Maple Syrup – you can use our recipe for homemade maple syrup to avoid extra carbs.
- Butter – you will need unsalted butter to give butter and rich flavor to the ham.
- Dijon Mustard – if you are not a fan of dijon mustard, you can use your favorite type of mustard.
- Apple Cidre Vinegar – gives a sour flavor to the glaze that completes perfectly.
- Garlic Powder – adds extra flavor. You can also use onion powder.
- Ground Cloves – give a deep and sweet aroma to the meat.
How To Make Glazed Ham
Once you see how easy it is to prepare this delicious glazed ham, it will become a must for your Christmas dinner. Here is everything you need to do:
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C degrees and line a roasting pan with foil.
- Pour the water into the pan’s bottom and place the ham.
- Bake the ham for about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the internal temperature, reaches 140 degrees F.
- Make the glaze. Add the butter and maple syrup to a small saucepan over medium-high heat and whisk until well combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix them using a whisker. Simmer everything for 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 400F/ 200C.
- Pour the glaze over the ham and return it to the oven.
- Bake the ham for another 15 minutes.
Tips and Variations For Making The Best Glazed Ham
- You can give the ham a light diamond-scorching using a sharp knife all over for a more impressive look.
- Feel free to add some red pepper chili flakes for a spicy flavor.
- You can also add one 1/2 tbsp of molasses to the glaze for extra flavor and color.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it pairs perfectly with many side dishes. Here are some great ideas:
- Cauliflower Rice
- Roasted Vegetables
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Cauliflower Risotto
- Zucchini Noodles
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Fridge: this glazed ham can be easily stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Freeze: You can freeze the glazed ham leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 months.
To Reheat: you can reheat the ham in the oven at 350 degrees F or in the microwave for a few minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Know If My Ham Is Cooked?
When a thermometer reads at least 140 degrees F when inserted into the thickest part of the glazed ham, you will know that it’s ready to eat.
Can I Make This Recipe With Uncured Ham?
Sure, this is a great idea if you want to make this recipe lower in carbs. But you will need to know that if you use uncured ham, you will have to bake it for about 3 hours until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Start by preheating your oven at 356F/180C degrees.
- Prepare a roasting pan and line it with foil.
- Pour the water into the pan’s bottom and place the ham in it.
- Bake the ham for about 1 hour and 30 minutes until it reaches 140 degrees F when an internet thermometer is inserted.
- Meantime make the glaze. Add the butter and maple syrup to a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk until the butter is melted, then add the mustard, vinegar, garlic powder, and ground cloves
- Mix until it is well combined and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Remove the ham from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 200F.
- Pour the glaze over the ham.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the edges of the ham are golden brown.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.