Learn how to make the best chaffles that are super crispy and need only 2 basic ingredients eggs and cheese. Use these keto chaffles as a bread replacement for burgers, sandwiches or as a pizza crust.
Keto chaffles are super popular, and I’m sure you’ve already heard about them. Ready in under 10 minutes, chaffles are the ultimate bread replacement that is low carb and keto friendly.
Super easy to make, and low-carb, and I share how to make chaffles both sweet and savory. This detailed guide will show you how to make the best keto chaffles recipe, plus over 10 delicious variations.
The texture is different from keto waffles, as they are crispy on the outside and taste slightly cheesy on the inside.
- 1 What Are Chaffles?
- 2 Why Are You Going To Love This Chaffle Recipe
- 3 Ingredients For Keto Chaffles
- 4 How To Make These Keto Chaffles
- 5 Tips For Making The Best Keto Chaffles
- 6 Chaffles Flavour Variations
- 7 Serving Ideas
- 8 Storing Ideas
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 Keto Chaffles
What Are Chaffles?
Chaffles are waffles made from a combination of cheese and eggs (here also comes the name chaffles). They are great for breakfast or as a sweet and savory snack. The original chaffle recipe is made using just eggs and cheese, but I found it tastes slightly eggy.
I added a little coconut flour, and they tasted similar to traditional waffles – no one could tell they were keto-friendly.
Why Are You Going To Love This Chaffle Recipe
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
- It can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer for quick meals.
- It’s a versatile recipe. You can pair these chaffles in interesting ways.
- Contain only 2g net carbs per serving.
Ingredients For Keto Chaffles
You will need only 3 ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen to create these delicious keto chaffles. Here is a note o the ingredients:
- Eggs – use large room-temperature eggs to avoid that eggy taste and smell.
- Cheese – make sure you use good quality mozzarella cheese for a great flavor. Cheddar is also a great option, and some variations include cream cheese for a better texture.
- Almond Flour is one of my favorite low-carb flour that I like to use for most recipes. Make sure that you are using superfine almond flour for a great texture.
How To Make These Keto Chaffles
Breakfast was never easier to prepare. These keto chaffles are so easy to make that I choose to prepare them anytime I don’t have much time for cooking. Here is everything you have to do:
- Start by mixing the eggs until frothy.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and whisk until the batter is formed.
- Next, grease a waffle iron, and once it is hot, add the chaffle batter and cook for 5 minutes.
- Repeat the process until the chaffles are ready, and enjoy.
Tips For Making The Best Keto Chaffles
- Spray your waffle iron generously to prevent the chaffle from sticking to it.
- Use part-skim low-moisture shredded mozzarella to prevent the chaffles from becoming soggy or limp.
- Use finely grated cheese for evenly cooking.
- Ensure you don’t overfill the waffle iron because you will make a huge mess.
Chaffles Flavour Variations
These cheese waffles follow the same instructions. Typically, from one egg, you can make two chaffles, while two eggs make four chaffles.
Ingredients: 1 egg, 1/2 cup mozzarella, 1 tbsp almond flour, 1 tbsp pizza sauce, 4 pepperoni slices.
Mix the eggs, slices of pepperoni, mozzarella, pizza sauce, and almond flour. Cook for 4 minutes; add some extra cheese and pepperoni pieces and broil until the cheese melts.
Ingredients: 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 tbsp fresh jalapenos, diced
Ingredients: 1/2 cup zucchini, 1 egg, 2 tbsp parmesan, 1/4 mozzarella cheese, basil, and pepper.
Make a batch from this chaffle recipe and mix the batter with 1/2 cup of cooked bacon.
Ingredients: 4 oz frozen spinach, 1 cup ricotta, garlic clove, egg, 1/2 cup mozzarella, salt&pepper
Ingredients: 2 eggs, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tbsp coconut flour, 1 tbsp cream cheese, 1 tbsp sweetener, 1 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate Chip Chaffle
Ingredients: 2 eggs, 2 tbsp coconut flour, 1 tbsp cream cheese, 1 tbsp sweetener, 2 tbsp chocolate chips
Protein Vanilla Chaffle
Ingredients: 2 eggs, 1/2 scoop protein powder, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1 tbsp sweetener, 1 tsp vanilla extract
Make a batch of the chaffle batter and fold it into the batter with 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries.
Another great thing about these chaffles is that they can be served in many different ways. Here are some ideas:
- It can be great as buns for burgers.
- They are a great replacement for bread when making sandwiches.
- You can eat them with an egg and bacon in the morning.
- Spread some homemade Nutella over the chaffle and enjoy it as a sweet treat.
- Fridge: These keto chaffles can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freezer: You can also store them in a freezer in a freezer-safe bag for up to one month.
Place the chaffles in the toaster or microwave them for 30 to 60 seconds to reheat them.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Do Chaffles Taste Like?
Chaffles are extremely delicious since they have a cheesy flavor and a soft texture. Most people love their flavor, while some claim they taste like a cheese omelet. But it depends on how you prepare them, and I am sure that if you try our recipe, you will also love them.
How To Make Chaffles Crispy?
Although after removing the chaffle from the waffle maker will be soft and flimsy, if you let it sit for a few minutes, you will see that it will firm up a bit.
Do Chaffles Have An Omelet Or Egg Flavor?
No, because of the almond flour and the waffle iron’s crispiness, chaffles don’t have the omelet’s flavor.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese low moisture
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- Add the eggs to a bowl and mix until frothy.
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Grease the mini waffle iron, and once hot, add the chaffle batter and cook for 4 minutes.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
Just bought a little waffle maker going to try these recipes. Thanks