This creamy spinach dip is a quick and easy party snack that can be made in under 30 minutes. It’s made from naturally low-carb ingredients and is a crowd-pleaser. It’s perfect for movie nights, family gatherings, or entertaining friends.
This delicious spinach dip is a creamy and cheesy appetizer that’s baked until the cheese is melted, and served with your favorite crackers or veggies.
The best part about this spinach dip is that it’s a keto-friendly recipe, made with low-carb ingredients, and doesn’t contain any added preservatives, making it the perfect keto snack.
Great for movie night, this spinach dip is packed with flavor, and we always choose to make it when we are having friends and guests and at a family gathering.
This creamy spinach dip is a versatile and easy-to-make appetizer that’s perfect for any occasion. With its creamy texture, cheesy flavor, and low-carb ingredients, it’s sure to become a staple in your recipe collection.
- 1 What Is A Spinach Dip?
- 2 Why Are You Going To Love This Hot Spinach Dip?
- 3 Ingredients For Spinach Dip
- 4 How To Make The Best Spinach Dip
- 5 Recipe Variations
- 6 Storing Ideas
- 7 Serving Ideas
- 8 Can I Prepare This Spinach Dip In Advance?
- 9 Spinach Dip
What Is A Spinach Dip?
Spinach dip is one of the easiest appetizers with as main ingredients spinach and cream cheese that can be served both warm and cold. It consists of a creamy and savory mixture of cooked spinach, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and various seasonings.
This delicious and easy-to-make dip is a staple at parties, gatherings, and potlucks and can be served warm or chilled. It’s also a popular keto-friendly snack because it’s made with low-carb ingredients and can be customized to suit different dietary needs and preferences.
Why Are You Going To Love This Hot Spinach Dip?
- A classic party food that almost everyone loves. It’s creamy, savory, and packed with flavor, making it a hit at any party.
- Quick and easy to make in under 30 minutes. You can make it ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
- Contains only 3g net carbs per serving.
Ingredients For Spinach Dip
This delicious spinach dip requires only a few ingredients that are easy to find. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Spinach – is one of the main ingredients. You can use fresh or frozen spinach leaves. If using frozen spinach, make sure to thaw it and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Cream Cheese – Cream cheese should be at room temperature to mix easily. You can use either full fat or low fat.
- Sour Cream – you can replace it with Greek yogurt if you want.
- Garlic – fresh garlic is the best for this spinach dip. You can use fresh garlic cloves or garlic powder.
- Parmesan & Mozzarella Cheese – Buy blocks of cheese and shred them yourself for best results.
- Parsley – use fresh chopped parsley for a great flavor.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
How To Make The Best Spinach Dip
You must follow only a few easy-simple steps to create this spinach dip. The best part is that it doesn’t require any cooking skills. Here is everything you have to do:
Preheat the oven to 375F/ 190C and coat a 1-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
Making the Spinach Mixture
In a large mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese, sour cream, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix until creamy and well combined.
Add parmesan cheese, one cup of mozzarella cheese, and chopped spinach to the mixing bowl. Mix well to combine all ingredients.
Transfer the spinach mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
Baking the Spinach Dip
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the top looks golden and the cheese is completely melted and bubbly. If you want, you can also broil the casserole for 2 minutes to obtain a golden crust.
Remove the baking dish from the oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley, scallions, or chives for added flavor and color.
Allow the spinach dip to cool for a few minutes before serving. You can serve it warm or cold with your favorite bread or vegetables like sliced carrots, cucumbers, or bell peppers.
For added crunch and texture, you can also sprinkle some crispy bacon bits or chopped water chestnuts on top of the dip before baking.
To make the dip spicier, you can add some diced jalapenos or red pepper flakes to the spinach mixture.
You can also experiment with different cheeses like feta or cheddar and add other ingredients like artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, or caramelized onions to customize the spinach dip to your liking.
Vegan Spinach Dip: Substitute regular cream cheese and sour cream with vegan cream cheese and vegan sour cream. The vegan spinach dip is just as delicious as the regular version.
- Fridge- You can store the spinach dip leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for about 5 days.
- Freezer- I don’t recommend freezing this spinach dip because it contains dairy products that may curdle once thawed.
If you want to reheat the leftovers, you can do it in the microwave for a few seconds until warmed through.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it can be served in many interesting ways. Here are some great ideas:
- With crackers or chips: Spinach dip is perfect for dipping with crackers, tortilla chips, pita chips, or any other type of crunchy snack. Arrange the dip in a bowl or on a platter with the crackers or chips around it for easy dipping.
- With vegetables: If you prefer a healthier option, serve the spinach dip with fresh vegetables such as carrot sticks, celery sticks, bell pepper slices, cherry tomatoes, or cucumber slices.
- As a topping: Use the spinach dip as a topping for baked potatoes, grilled chicken, or steamed vegetables.
- As a sandwich spread: Spread the spinach dip on bread and add your favorite sandwich fillings such as sliced turkey, ham, or roast beef.
- As a pasta sauce: Toss hot cooked pasta with the spinach dip for a creamy and flavorful pasta dish.
- As a pizza topping: Use the spinach dip as a pizza topping along with other ingredients such as chopped tomatoes, sliced olives, and crumbled bacon.
Can I Prepare This Spinach Dip In Advance?
Sure, this recipe is great for making in advance. Just prepare the dip as we did in this recipe, assemble it, and store it covered in plastic foil in the fridge. In fact, making it ahead of time can allow the flavors to meld together and result in an even tastier dip.
Then you can bake it whenever you are craving some spinach dip.
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 oz frozen spinach thawed and squeezed
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F/ 190C and coat a 1-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add the softened cream cheese, sour cream, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to a bowl and mix until creamy and well combined.
- Next, mix the parmesan cheese, one cup of mozzarella cheese, and spinach.
- Transfer the spinach mixture to the baking dish and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the top looks golden and the cheese is completely melted and bubbly.
- If you want, you can also broil the casserole for 2 minutes to obtain that golden crust.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Enjoy warm or cold with your favorite bread or vegetables.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.