Ready in under 30 minutes, this creamy spinach dip is an easy-to-make party snack made from naturally low-carb ingredients that everyone loves.
Great for movie night, this spinach dip is packed with flavor, and we always choose to make it when we are having friends and guests and at a family gathering.
This delicious dip recipe is a creamy and cheesy delicious appetizer recipe that’s baked until the cheese is melted, then served with your favorite snack or veggies.
The best part about this spinach dip is that it’s a keto-friendly recipe made from low-carb ingredients and doesn’t contain any added preservatives making it the perfect keto snack.
- 1 What Is Spinach Dip?
- 2 Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe?
- 3 Ingredients For Spinach Dip
- 4 How To Prepare This Spinach Dip
- 5 Recipe Variations
- 6 Storing Ideas
- 7 Serving Ideas
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 Spinach Dip
What Is Spinach Dip?
Spinach dip is one of the easiest appetizers with as main ingredients spinach and cream cheese that can be served both warm and cold.
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe?
- It’s super easy to make.
- You can make it ahead of time.
- Contain only 3g net carbs per serving.
- It’s a creamy appetizer that is ready in under 30 minutes.
Ingredients For Spinach Dip
This delicious spinach dip requires only a few ingredients that are easy to find. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Spinach – since this is one of the main ingredients, make sure you use fresh spinach.
- Cream Cheese – Cream cheese should be at room temperature to mix easily. You can use either full fat or low fat.
- Sour Cream – you can replace it with greek yogurt if you want.
- Garlic – fresh garlic is the best for this recipe.
- Parmesan & Mozzarella Cheese – Buy blocks of cheese and shred them yourself for best results.
- Parsley – use fresh chopped parsley for a great flavor.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
How To Prepare This Spinach Dip
You must follow only a few easy-simple steps to create this spinach dip. The best part is that it doesn’t require any cooking skills. Here is everything you have to do:
- Steam the spinach, then let it cool. Once cooled, remove any excess water from the spinach and chop it.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a prepared pan and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the spinach dip from the oven, then garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- You can sprinkle some cooked bacon or green onions to make it more flavorful.
- I like to add some red pepper chili flakes to make it spicier.
- Instead of adding mozzarella cheese on top of the spinach dip, you can add some shredded cheddar cheese for extra color and flavor.
- Fridge- You can store the spinach dip leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for about 5 days.
- Freezer- I don’t recommend freezing this spinach dip because it contains dairy products that may curdle once thawed.
If you want to reheat the leftovers, you can do it in the microwave for a few seconds until warmed through.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it can be served in many interesting ways. Here are some great ideas:
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make This Recipe Using Frozen Spinach?
Sure you can. But I prefer fresh spinach because it has a different texture, and the result is much testier.
Can I Prepare This Spinach Dip In Advance?
Sure, this recipe is great for making in advance. Just prepare the dip as we did in this recipe, assemble it, and store it covered in plastic foil in the fridge.
Then you can bake it whenever you are craving some spinach dip.
Is Spinach Keto-Friendly?
Undoubtedly, spinach is a great vegetable for someone taking care of their carbohydrate intake. So yes, spinach is a healthy and good ingredient for many keto recipes because it is low in carbs.
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 oz frozen spinach thawed and squeezed
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F/ 190C and coat a 1-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add the softened cream cheese, sour cream, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to a bowl and mix until creamy and well combined.
- Next, mix the parmesan cheese, one cup of mozzarella cheese, and spinach.
- Transfer the spinach mixture to the baking dish and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the top looks golden and the cheese is completely melted and bubbly.
- If you want, you can also broil the casserole for 2 minutes to obtain that golden crust.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Enjoy warm or cold with your favorite bread or vegetables.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.