These keto magic cookies are easy to make with just a few low carb ingredients. With minimal prep, these grain-free cookies are chewy, crunchy, and loaded with chocolate chips. Each bite of these 2g net carbs cookies is heavenly!
I love cookies, and honestly, these keto cookies will not last long! They are perfectly sweet and crunchy, and it’s quite difficult to stop eating just one.
Make these grain-free cookies if you need a quick treat when you’re short on time. When baking these magical cookies, the chocolate melts amongst the other ingredients, resulting in an ooey-gooey, chocolaty, and wonderfully sweetened cookies.
What are Keto Magic Cookies?
These keto magic cookies are so easy and tasty. They taste exactly like Magic Cookie Bars without the crust. And that’s exactly what they are, with a different shape.
Are Cookies Keto?
No, regular cookies are not keto-friendly. A classic cookie recipe uses wheat flour and sugar that are super high in carbs.
Luckily, we can replace those high-carb ingredients with grain-free flour (almond flour or coconut flour) and sugar-free sweeteners to make some keto cookies to enjoy!
Ingredients For Keto Magic Cookies
The ingredients for these irresistible Keto Magic Cookies are easy to find, and you probably have most of them in your pantry.
- Eggs Yolks – This recipe needs egg yolks as a binder. Usually magic bars are made using condensed milk which is not a keto option, so we have to replace it.
- Butter – I recommend using melted unsalted butter.
- Sweetener – I used powdered Erythritol in these Keto Magic Cookies, but you can use stevia, monk fruit, or your favorite sweetener.
- Coconut Flakes – Use unsweetened coconut flakes to avoid unnecessary carbs.
- Chopped Pecans and Hazelnuts- Walnuts or Macadamia nuts are a great option too to add some extra crunch!
- Chocolate Chips – to make our low carb magic cookies, you need to use unsweetened keto-friendly chocolate chips.
How To Make Keto Magic Cookies
These grain-free cookies are so easy to make just by following a simple few steps. And the best part is that they are not as complicated as it seems.
- Make the cookie dough – In a large mixing bowl, add the melted butter, heavy cream, and eggs yolks. Using an electric mixer, combine these ingredients at medium speed.
- Incorporate the rest of the ingredients using a rubber spatula.
- Shape the cookies – When the dough is ready, make about 12 cookies, and press slightly them into a cookie shape.
- Bake the sugar-free cookies until golden brown for 15 minutes.
Tips and Substitutes
Feel free to make these keto cookies in your way.
- Allow these cookies to cool at room temperature or else they will fall apart.
- I recommend choosing the best chocolate chips for this recipe. A great option is Lily’s chocolate chips. You can chop a dark chocolate bar too!
- If you don’t like hazelnuts, you can replace them with pecans.
- If you are not a fan of coconut, then you can add extra nuts.
- Instead of sugar-free chocolate chips, you can use chopped 70 or 80% dark chocolate.
How To Store Keto Magic Cookies
Store your Keto Magic Cookies in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to two weeks.
These keto cookies can also be stored at room temperature in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
You can choose to freeze these keto cookies for up to 2 months and defrost them at room temperature before serving.
More Keto Dessert Recipes
- Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – Best Flourless Keto Cookies
- Best Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies – Soft Low Carb Cookies
- No-Bake Keto Peanut Butter Bars
- The Best Keto Chocolate Cake
Keto Magic Cookies
- 4 egg yolks large
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- ⅓ cup powdered sweetener I used Erythritol
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips use sugar-free
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add egg yolks, heavy cream, and melted butter. Mix well all the ingredients.
- Incorporate the rest of the ingredients until a crumbly dough forms. Allow the dough to sit in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Use a small cookie scooper to make 12 cookies. Slightly flatten them using your hands.
- Place the cookies in a single layer on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.