This keto strawberry mousse is airy, creamy, decadent, and the perfect summer dessert. Made with only 5 ingredients, this low carb strawberry mousse is a delicious one bowl dessert.
Say hello to the perfect summer keto dessert; this keto strawberry mousse it’s a family favorite because it’s super decadent and extremely easy to make in just 5 minutes.
Who doesn’t love strawberries? Personally, I love them because they are a super versatile low-carb fruit and can be used in so many keto desserts.
- 1 Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Strawberry Mousse
- 2 Are Strawberries Keto?
- 3 Ingredients For Keto Strawberry Mousse
- 4 How To Make Keto Strawberry Mousse
- 5 Tips and Variations
- 6 Storing Ideas
- 7 Equipment Needed To Make Keto Strawberry Mousse
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 More Keto Desserts
- 10 Easy Keto Strawberry Mousse
Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Strawberry Mousse
- It’s extremely easy to make in just 5minutes.
- It’s perfect for making it ahead of time and storing it in the fridge to enjoy during the week.
- Creamy, refreshing, sweet, and tangy.
- Only 4g net carbs per serving.
Are Strawberries Keto?
Strawberries are perfect for keto since they are low in carbs, high in fiber, and perfectly sweet. They are great to consume in moderation on the keto diet since each strawberry contains between 0.5 and 1.5 net carbohydrates, depending on size. This applies to both fresh and frozen berries but not also to dried ones.
Ingredients For Keto Strawberry Mousse
You will need only four ingredients to create one of the most refreshing and delicious keto desserts that you will ever try. Here is everything you will need:
- Cream Cheese – this ingredient must be at room temperature to mix well and avoid lumps.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – it has to be cold to mix well.
- Sweetener – you can use your favorite sweetener. Just make sure that it is powdered to combine well.
- Strawberries – you can also use frozen ones, but fresh ones are the best for this recipe.
How To Make Keto Strawberry Mousse
Once you’ve gathered all ingredients, making this keto strawberry mousse is a breeze. What’s great about this recipe is that it’s so simple but tastes so decadent. Here is everything you have to do:
- Prepare the strawberries– The first step is to clean the strawberries and chop them into little pieces.
- Beat the heavy cream and sweetener until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in softened cream cheese, strawberry puree, and vanilla extract.
- Transfer the strawberry mousse to your favorite serving glasses and refrigerate the keto strawberry mousse for at least 2 hours.
Tips and Variations
- It’s important not to overmix the mixture, or it might curdle.
- Make sure that you are using cool whipping cream.
- You can add some citrus juice, such as lemon, to help to balance out the recipe’s sweetness.
- Use gelatin if you want a thicker mousse that holds its shape.
- Fridge – This keto strawberry mousse can be stored in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freezer – You can also freeze this strawberry mousse and enjoy them as a sweet treat on a cold day.
Equipment Needed To Make Keto Strawberry Mousse
- Knife and chopping board
- A mixing bowl
- An electric hand mixer
- A rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the mixing bowl
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use frozen strawberries?
You can use frozen strawberries instead of fresh ones. Just make sure to thaw the frozen berries before using them. Discard the liquid and puree the strawberries.
Can I Use Other Fruits?
Sure, you can use almost any keto-friendly fruit you choose when it comes to flavors. So, for example, you can prepare a keto blueberry mousse with blueberries or a keto raspberry mousse with raspberries.
How to Make Keto Mousse Firmer?
If you want to obtain a firm strawberry mousse, you can choose to add some gelatin to the mixture.
More Keto Desserts
- The Best Keto Lemon Bars – Only 4g Carbs
- Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- The Best Almond Flour Cookies
- World’s Best Fudgy Keto Brownies Recipe (1g net carb!)
Easy Keto Strawberry Mousse
- 1 cup full-fat heavy whipping cream cold
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup powdered sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Clean the strawberries and remove the stems. Using a fork or a food processor, puree until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream and sweetener until stiff peaks form.
- Incorporate the softened cream cheese, strawberry puree, and vanilla extract using a rubber spatula.
- Transfer the mousse into 4 small serving glasses and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
- Top with chopped strawberries, and enjoy.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.