Keto Lemon Bar recipe is a delightful sugar-free dessert with a wonderfully balanced sweet and tangy flavor. You’ll love the bright yellow color of the sugar-free lemon curd filling, the melt-in-your-mouth shortbread almond crust, and the lusciously thick lemon filling.
These are the best keto lemon bars and everyone loves them. They are super easy to make with only 7 ingredients and each square has only 3 grams of net carbs!
I’m a huge chocolate fan, and I bet you are too. But sometimes I crave a delicious summer lemony treat that I always bring to family gatherings. Nobody ever figures out that they are sugar-free, gluten-free, and keto dessert.
- 1 Keto Lemon Bars Ingredients
- 2 How to Make Keto Lemon Bars?
- 3 3 Tips to Make The Best Lemon Bars Every Time
- 4 How To Store Keto Lemkon Bars
- 5 Other Recipes You Might Like
- 6 Keto Lemon Bars
Keto Lemon Bars Ingredients
The ingredients for these keto lemon bars have an almond flour shortbread crust, topped with a divine lemon topping. I’m grateful for almond flour and low carb sweetener because I have to opportunity to bake such delicious treats that everyone loves.
- Unsalted Butter: Melted Butter is used in the shortbread crust and it’s an essential ingredient making the base buttery and extremely decadent.
- Sweetener: In this recipe, I use both granulated erythritol and powdered erythritol. It’s essential to use granulated sweetener for the crust and powdered for the lemon filling to make it smooth and creamy.
- Almond Flour: Almond flour is used both in the crust and the lemon filling because it helps with the texture and structure. I recommend using extra fine almond flour to be sure your lemon bars won’t turn grainy.
- Vanilla Extract: I use vanilla extract in the shortbread crust to enhance the taste.
- Salt: A pinch of salt to balance the sweetness is perfect!
- Eggs: Eggs bind everything together and give structure.
- Lemon Juice: My suggestion is to use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best flavor. You can also use lime juice or orange juice (not low carb).
How to Make Keto Lemon Bars?
This recipe is incredibly quick and easy to make. You’ll need to make a keto shortbread crust and a lemon filling. Follow a few easy steps to make perfect low carb lemon bars:
- Prepare the crust: Mix all the ingredients for the shortbread crust and evenly press into an 8×8 inch glass baking pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake the crust: Pre-baking the crust will ensure two beautiful layers.
- Make the lemon filling: Just mix all the ingredients for the crust and wait for the crust to slightly cool down.
- Bake the lemon bars: Bake again for 22-25 minutes or until the lemon filling is set.
- Cool: Remove the bars from the oven and allow them to completely cool down before serving.
- Dust with powdered sweetener and cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
3 Tips to Make The Best Lemon Bars Every Time
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice – For that depth of flavor, I recommend using fresh lemon juice. I know it’s convenient to get bottled lemon juice, but you’ll miss the flavor.
- Do not overbake! If you notice cracks on top of the lemon bar it means they are overcooked. But, that’s not a problem, these low carb lemon square recipe still taste incredibly delicious. Just dust them with tons of powdered sweetener!
- Use powdered sweetener – I mentioned it above and I mention it here! It’s vital to use some sory of sweetener turned into powder if you want creamy lemon bars.
How To Store Keto Lemkon Bars
- Refrigerator: Place leftover lemon bars in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Freezer: Freeze lemon bars for up to 3 months and thaw overnight in the refrigerator when ready to enjoy!
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Easy 4-Ingredient Vanilla Chia Pudding Recipe
- Keto Pancakes with Coconut Flour
- Keto Paleo Blueberry Muffins
Keto Lemon Bars
For the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 180C. Line an 8X8 baking glass pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Make the crust: In a large bowl, using an electric mixer or a food processor, combine the crust ingredients: almond flour, melted butter, erythritol, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Firmly press the thick dough into the prepared pan, making sure the crust is evenly distributed. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Prepare the lemon filling: Sift the powdered sweetener, almond flour in a large bowl. Juice the lemons and add them to the bowl.
- Over the lemon juice, add the room temperature eggs, lemon zest and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the lemon filling over the warm crust. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the filling looks set. Remove lemon bars from the oven and allow them to completely cool down at room temperature, then stick in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Use a sharp knife to cut them into squares. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.