Keto Lemon Bars are a delightful sugar-free recipe with a wonderful balanced sweet and tangy flavor. You’ll love the bright yellow color, the melt-in-your-mouth shortbread almond crust, and the lusciously thick lemon filling.
These are the best lemon bars and everyone loves them. They are super easy to make with only 7 ingredients.
I’m a huge chocolate fan, and I bet you are too. But sometimes I crave a delicious lemony treat that I always bring to family gatherings. Nobody figures out that they are sugar-free, gluten-free, and keto friendly.
Only 7 Ingredients in these Lemon Bars
- Unsalted Butter: Melted Butter is used in the shortbread crust
- Sweetener: In this recipe, I use both granulated erythritol and powdered erythritol. It’s essential to use granulated sweetener for the crust and powdered for the lemon filling to make it smooth and creamy.
- Almond Flour: Almond flour is used in both layers because it helps with the texture and structure.
- Vanilla Extract: I use vanilla extract in the shortbread crust to enhance the taste.
- Salt: A pinch of salt to balance the sweetness is perfect!
- Eggs: Eggs bind everything together and help the bars
- Lemon Juice: My suggestion is to use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best flavor. You can also use lime juice or orange juice (not low carb).
How to Make Keto Lemon Bars?
- Prepare the crust: Mix all the ingredients for the shortbread crust and evenly press into an 8×8 inch glass baking pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake the crust: Pre-baking the crust will ensure two beautiful layers.
- Make the lemon filling: Just mix all the ingredients for the crust and wait for the crust to slightly cool down.
- Bake the lemon bars: Bake again for 22-25 minutes or until the lemon filling is set.
- Cool: Remove the bars from the oven and allow to completely cool down before serving.
- Dust with powdered sweetener and cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Easy 4-Ingredient Vanilla Chia Pudding Recipe
- Keto Pancakes with Coconut Flour
- Keto Paleo Blueberry Muffins
Keto Lemon Bars
For the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 180C. Line an 8X8 baking glass pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Make the crust: In a large bowl, using an electric mixer or a food processor, combine the crust ingredients: almond flour, melted butter, erythritol, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Firmly press the thick dough into the prepared pan, making sure the crust is evenly distributed. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Prepare the lemon filling: Sift the powdered sweetener, almond flour in a large bowl. Juice the lemons and add them to the bowl.
- Over the lemon juice, add the room temperature eggs, lemon zest and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the lemon filling over the warm crust. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the filling looks set. Remove lemon bars from the oven and allow them to completely cool down at room temperature, then stick in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Use a sharp knife to cut them into squares. Enjoy!