Forget about those store-bought bars with a high amount of carbs, and make your keto twix bars at home with a crispy crust and a delicious caramel filing, then coated with chocolate, using only a few easy ingredients with only 3g net carbs per serving.
After I made my own keto bounty bars at home, I couldn’t resist trying to make these Twix bars that I had on my list for a long time. So I tell you that you must try them because they are delicious and very easy to make.
These bars will delight your family members as they are a much healthier version of the famous Twix bars we buy from the store, but we can prepare them at home in a few minutes. The ingredients are available to anyone, and you don’t need cooking skills to prepare them.
- 1 Are Twix Bars Keto-Friendly?
- 2 Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- 3 Ingredients For These Keto Twix Bars
- 4 How To Make These Delicious Keto Twix Bars
- 5 Tips For Making The Best Keto Twis Bars
- 6 Storing Ideas
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8 Keto Twix Bars
Are Twix Bars Keto-Friendly?
Those store-bought Twix bars are not keto-friendly because they are made with a lot of sugar, wheat flour, and other ingredients that are not good for a keto diet.
But fortunately, you can enjoy Twix bars even if you are on a keto diet with this recipe that is made with naturally low-carb ingredients.
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Super easy to make.
- It’s a healthier alternative to regular Twix Bars.
- Contain only 3g net carbs per serving.
- It can be made ahead of time.
- It’s a gluten-free and sugar-free dessert that is great for a sweet treat.
Ingredients For These Keto Twix Bars
You will need only a few easy ingredients that are easy to find to create these delicious Twix bars. Here is a list of everything you will need:
For The Crust
- Almond Flour – this is one of my favorite low-carb flour substitutes. Use blanched almond flour for the best texture.
- Sweetener – feel free to use your favorite low-carb sweeteners such as erythritol, monk fruit, or allulose. Just make sure that it is powdered.
- Butter – use unsalted butter.
- Salt – is used to enhance the flavors.
- Keto Caramel – use my recipe for keto caramel to obtain one of the best rich buttery caramel you have ever tried.
- Chocolate – use the best quality unsweetened chocolate.
How To Make These Delicious Keto Twix Bars
Once you see how easy it is to make these keto Twix bars at home, you will never want to buy them from the store. Here is everything you will need:
- Start by making the crust. Add all the ingredients for the crust into a mixing bowl and mix until the dough is formed.
- Press the dough into a prepared baking pan and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once the crust is ready, remove it from the oven and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, make the caramel sauce and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour the caramel over the cooled crust and place the pan in the freezer for one hour to allow to set the caramel.
- Melt the chocolate and spread it over the caramel with a knife or spatula.
- Refrigerate it for about 30 minutes or until the chocolate sets.
Tips For Making The Best Keto Twis Bars
- If you don’t have so much time, you can make the keto caramel in advance since it requires some time to totally cool and thickens.
- Sprinkle salt over the Twix bars to complete the sweet flavor of caramel and chocolate.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring with a spoon or rubber spatula until the chocolate is smooth and fully melted.
- Fridge: You can store these keto Twix bars in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Freezer: These keto Twix bars are also freezer-friendly. Store them in a freezer-safe bag or an airtight container for up to one month.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Should I Do If My Crust Is Too Crumbly?
If your crust dough is too crumbly, you can adjust that by adding an extra tbsp of melted butter or coconut oil and mixing again until it has the right consistency.
Can I Make These Keto Twix Bars With Coconut Flour?
Since coconut flour has different proprieties than almond flour, you can’t switch them.
Keto Twix Bars
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate chopped
- Start by making the crust. Preheat the oven to 325F/160C and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add the almond flour, sweetener, and salt to a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add the melted butter, vanilla extract, salt, and almond milk (if needed) and mix until the dough is ready.
- Press the dough mixture into the bottom of the baking pan and bake it for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Make the caramel filling. Add the sweetener and butter to a medium saucepan, and mix until well combined. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 3 minutes until bubbling.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, pour the heavy cream and vanilla extract, and whisk to combine everything well.
- Sprinkle on the surface of xanthan gum and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Then add the salt and bring the mixture to a boil. Let the caramel cook for 3 minutes, remove it from the heat, and cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour the caramel over the cooled crust and place the pan in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Make the chocolate topping. Add the chopped chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until the chocolate it's melted.
- Pour the chocolate over the caramel and refrigerate for 30 minutes until the chocolate sets.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.