This keto pizza with fathead dough is super easy to make at home. The dough needs only four ingredients, and it tastes just like the real thing. It’s crispy, chewy, and delicious. Add all your favorite toppings, and you will enjoy a slice of heavenly delicious low carb pizza with just 4 net carbs.
Growing up, pizza topped with tons of cheese and pepperoni was one of my favorite foods. It still is, but on a keto diet, it’s really hard to replicate the crispy dough while keeping carbs super low.
If you love pizza and think you can’t have it on the keto diet, let me tell you that you are entirely wrong. Making keto pizza is possible and you don’t need to be a skilled baker to make it. You can also make a delicious crustless pizza, but if really love a crust for your pizza you have to try this easy keto pizza crust.
This keto pizza is heavenly, comes together in less than 20 minutes, and no cauliflower is required. Nope, the cauliflower crust is not one of my favorites. But, this mozzarella cheese crust has an amazing texture- super chewy with crispy edges!
When I first begin the keto diet and cut all the unhealthy carbs, I wish I knew about this fantastic fathead dough that’s my current favorite.
- 1 Reasons This Is The Best Keto Pizza
- 2 Keto Fathead Pizza Ingredients
- 3 How to Make Keto Pizza ?
- 4 Toppings for Keto Pizza
- 5 Storing Keto Pizza Leftovers
- 6 Can I Make Keto Pizza Ahead?
- 7 Other Keto Recipes You Might Like
- 8 Easy Keto Pizza with Fathead Dough
Reasons This Is The Best Keto Pizza
- Easy to make in just 20 minutes.
- Naturally low carb and gluten-free.
- The crust has a perfectly chewy texture with crispy edges.
- 4 ingredients keto pizza crust
Keto Fathead Pizza Ingredients
Fathead pizza is one of the most popular recipes for keto pizza and it’s super easy to make with only 4 ingredients and a few spices.
- Mozzarella cheese– low moisture mozzarella cheese is needed to help the dough come together easily. It makes this grain-free pizza crust crispy rather than soggy. You can use pre-shredded mozzarella because it’s convenient and faster or you can shred it at home.
- Almond flour– choose a super fine blanched almond flour for the best texture. Don’t replace it with almond flour or coconut flour because the results won’t be the same.
- Cream cheese– it’s important to use room temperature full-fat cream cheese.
- Egg– large egg at room temperature.
- Oregano or Italian seasoning– to flavor the fathead dough.
- Keto Pizza Sauce– use your favorite sugar-free pizza sauce that’s either store-bought or homemade.
- Your favorite toppings- I love tons of mozzarella and pepperoni slices.
How to Make Keto Pizza ?
This fathead dough pizza is extremely easy to make, and you’ll need very common ingredients such as almond flour or coconut flour, egg, mozzarella cheese, and cream cheese. All these ingredients mixed up together make a dough that’s not very sticky (you can add some extra almond flour) and easy to handle.
- Combine the shredded cheese, almond flour, cream cheese, and microwave for about 90 seconds stirring halfway through. The cheese should look slightly melted.
- It’s time to add the egg, herbs. Mix until all the ingredients are completely incorporated.
- If the dough looks too sticky, add another tablespoon of almond flour or let the fathead dough chill for a few minutes.
- The next step is to roll out the dough, and from my experience, it’s best to oil your hands and roll it between two sheets parchment paper.
- Bake the dough for 6-8 minutes in the preheated oven. Meanwhile, prepare the toppings.
Toppings for Keto Pizza
When it comes to adding toppings you can get creative and your favorite sauce and toppings. Here are some of my favorites:
- Protein: Ham, pepperoni, smoked salmon, bacon, prosciutto, cooked minced meat, shredded chicken breast, shrimps, sausage.
- Cheese: Mozarella, gorgonzola, feta, ricotta, Parmesan, haloumi.
- Sauces: Barbeque Sauce, Pizza sauce.
- Vegetables: tomatoes, red peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, asparagus, jalapeno, artichoke.
- Herbs and Spices: Italian Seasoning, basil, fresh rosemary, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder.
Return the keto pizza to the oven and bake for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and gooey.
Storing Keto Pizza Leftovers
You can store the keto pizza crust both in the fridge and freezer. I usually store mine in the refrigerator for up to 7 days and in the freezer for one month.
Sometimes I love to pre-bake the crust, freeze it, and when it’s time to eat thaw it, add the toppings, and bake for a few minutes.
Can I Make Keto Pizza Ahead?
Sure, making keto pizza ahead is such a great idea. I usually bake more keto pizza crusts, then freeze them individually. Then, I just defrost the low carb keto pizza crust, top with my favorite toppings, and bake until the cheese is super melty.
Other Keto Recipes You Might Like
- Egg-Free High Protein Keto Bread
- Keto Pancakes with Coconut Flour
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce
Easy Keto Pizza with Fathead Dough
For the keto pizza fathead crust
- 1 1/2 cups part skim mozzarella shredded
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 oz full-fat cream cheese room temperature
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp oregano optional
For the toppings
- Cheese: 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, fresh mozzarella, parmesan, feta, gouda, blue cheeses, etc..
- Meats: Chose from12 slices pepperoni, chicken, beef, ham, turkey, bacon.
- Sauce: 3 tbsp sugar-free tomato sauce, pesto, olive oil.
- Vegetables: 1/4 chopped red pepper, mushrooms,
- oregano to garnish
- Start by prepping all the ingredients. Shred the mozzarella cheese, sift the almond flour and crack the egg in a small bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F / 220°C.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the shredded low moisture mozzarella cheese, almond flour, and cream cheese and stir until combined.
- Microwave the cheese mixture for about 90-120 seconds, stirring halfway.
- Remove from the microwave and stir in the beaten egg using a spatula or a wooden spoon.
- Oil your hands and knead the fathead dough into a ball.
- Roll the dough between two sheets of parchment paper to 1/4″ or 1/3″ thickness. Use a fork to poke holes through the pizza crust.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the crust looks golden.
- Place the baking sheet on a cooling rack and add the desired toppings. I used marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni slices.
- Bake for a few more minutes until the cheese on top beautifully melts.
- Cut the pizza into four or six slices and enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.