Naturally gluten-free, egg-free, and sugar-free, this recipe for homemade keto marzipan is made using only 4 naturally low-carb ingredients and is ready in under 10 minutes.
So make this recipe and learn how to make the best sugar-free marzipan that is super easy to make and tastes like the store-bought version but with fewer carbs and much cheaper.
Whether you are using it as a sweet treat along with your cup of tea or coffee in the morning or preparing a delicious stollen recipe, this homemade keto marzipan is one of the best versions I have ever tried.
- 1 What Is Marzipan?
- 2 Is Marzipan Keto-Friendly?
- 3 Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- 4 Ingredients For Keto Marzipan
- 5 How To Make This Sugar-Free Marzipan
- 6 Recipe Variations
- 7 Storing Ideas
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 More Keto Dessert Recipes
- 10 Homemade Keto Marzipan
What Is Marzipan?
Marzipan is a paste that originates in China and Germany and is made from almonds, sugar, and honey.
It’s used in sweet recipes like stollen or to make decorative shapes for cakes and other sweets.
Is Marzipan Keto-Friendly?
Traditional marzipan recipe is not keto since it’s made with a lot of sugar and other ingredients that are too high in carbs for a keto diet.
But if you are still craving or need some marzipan for a recipe, you can use this recipe made from naturally low-carb ingredients and taste the same as delicious as the original one.
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Super easy to make using only 4 ingredients.
- It can be made ahead of time.
- Ready in only 10 minutes.
- Has only 3g net carbs per serving.
- It is a cheaper choice than the one in stores.
- Taste the same as delicious as the regular one.
Ingredients For Keto Marzipan
Another great thing about this recipe is that it calls for only 4 ingredients that are easy to find. So here is everything you will need:
- Almond Flour – use finely ground almond flour for a better texture.
- Sweetener – feel free to use your favorite powdered sweetener as long as it is powdered to combine well.
- Almond Extract – make sure you use an almond extract of the best quality for an intense flavor.
- Salt – used to enhance the flavor.
How To Make This Sugar-Free Marzipan
Once you see how easy it is to prepare this keto marzipan, you will never want to buy it from the store. Here is everything you have to do:
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend everything for 2 minutes using the S blade attachment on high speed until you have a sticky paste.
- Transfer the paste to parchment paper and form a ball using your hands.
- Form the marzipan into a log shape and wrap it with plastic foil.
- Place the marzipan log in the fridge for about one hour.
- Then you can slice it and enjoy it as a sweet treat.
This recipe is also versatile and you can make it with different flavors. Here are some great ideas:
- You can add some orange extract for a boost of flavor.
- Add some pure vanilla extract to the paste.
- To create delicious candies for Christmas, you can form marzipan balls from the paste and cover them in melted chocolate.
- You can also add color to the marzipan by adding food coloring if you want to.
- Fridge: you can store any leftovers wrapped in plastic foil in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Freezer: this sugar-free marzipan is also freezer-friendly. So if you want to freeze it, wrap it in plastic foil, add it to a zip lock bag, and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Marzipan Vs. Almond Paste
Marzipan and almond paste are quite different. While marzipan is a firm and sweet paste that holds up in baking and may be shaped, almond paste has a softened texture, is less sweet, and is used as a filling for baked goods such as stolen.
How Can I Use This Keto Marzipan?
Here are some great ideas for using this keto marzipan:
- It is great for use as a crust for pies.
- You can use it for a stollen recipe.
- Make some cute cake decorations.
- It’s also great for making some delicious marzipan cookies.
Can I Make This Recipe Without A Food Processor?
Sure, you can make this gluten-free marzipan recipe using a stand mixer. However, you must know that you will have to mix a little longer.
More Keto Dessert Recipes
- Keto Snowball Cookies
- Keto Stollen
- The Best Keto Gingerbread Cookies
- Keto Oreo Cookies Recipe (2g net carbs)
Homemade Keto Marzipan
- 1 ½ cups Almond Flour
- 6 tbsp powdered sweetener
- 3 tbsp Water
- ½ tsp Almond Extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend everything using the S blade attachment for 2 minutes at high speed.
- Transfer the sticky paste to parchment paper and shape it into a log shape.
- If the dough is too dry, you can add some tsp of water to shape it easily.
- Wrap the marzipan log in plastic foil and refrigerate it for at least one hour.
- Slice the marzipan slices and enjoy it as a sweet treat.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.