Learn how to make the best air fryer bbq chicken wings using a few ingredients and only 5 minutes of prep. Super crispy and perfectly tender, these air fryer chicken wings are the perfect appetizer that you can make to enjoy at a pool party with your friends and not only.
Perfect for a game day, a quick weeknight dinner, or as a party snack, this wings recipe is sure to impress. What’s not to love about some tender and juicy chicken wings loaded with delicious smoky flavors ready in only 30 minutes?
So if you are craving some BBQ chicken wings but don’t have time to fire up the grill, this recipe is for you.
Made in the air fryer, these bbq chicken wings taste the same as delicious as the ones made on the grill but with much less mess.
- 1 Why Are You Going To Love This Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe?
- 2 Ingredients You’ll Need
- 3 How To Make These Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
- 4 How Long To Cook Chicken Wings In Air Fryer?
- 5 Tips For Making The Best Lemon Pepper Wings
- 6 Recipe Variations
- 7 Serving Ideas
- 8 Storing Ideas
- 9 Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
- 10 Can You Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings?
- 11 Can I Bake Chicken Wings?
- 12 More Air Fryer Recipes
- 13 Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
Why Are You Going To Love This Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe?
- Requires only a few simple ingredients.
- The meat is juicy and flavorful.
- It’s a budget-friendly recipe.
- Super quick to make in just 30 minutes.
- You can make it ahead of time.
- It’s a versatile recipe. The perfect appetizer or snack at any party or game day.
- They are almost mess-free since they are not fried or grilled.
Ingredients You’ll Need
To make this delicious BBQ chicken wings recipe, you will need only a few ingredients, which you may already have in your kitchen. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Chicken Wings – Cut the wing tips if they are not already cut. If you are using frozen wings, thaw them overnight in the fridge.
- Olive oil – feel free to replace it with any other vegetable oil.
- Garlic – I used fresh minced garlic for an intense flavor, but powdered one will also work.
- Paprika – use smoked paprika for an intense smoky flavor.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
- Baking Powder – helps to create that golden and crispy skin.
- BBQ Sauce – you can make homemade barbeque sauce or buy it from the store.
- Sriracha Sauce – this ingredient it’s optional. Adds a spicy and tangy flavor to the wings.
How To Make These Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
I love how easy it is to make these juicy bbq chicken wings with a few minutes of prep. Here’s everything you’ll need to do to make them:
Preheat the air fryer to 400F/200C for 5 minutes. If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating function, run it empty for about 5 minutes.
Preparing The Chicken Wings
Cut the tips off and separate the drum and wingettes if you’re using whole chicken wings.
Pat dry the chicken wings and add them to a large bowl.
Add the olive oil, minced garlic, paprika, baking powder, salt, and pepper over the chicken wings and toss until each chicken wing is well coated with seasonings.
Air Fry The Wings
Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer in the air fryer and cook for 12 minutes.
Remove the chicken wings from the air fryer and transfer them to a bowl.
Pour the bbq sauce over the chicken wings and toss to combine.
Return the chicken wings to the air fryer basket and cook for 8-10 more minutes.
Remove from the air fryer, garnish with fresh chopped parsley, and enjoy.
How Long To Cook Chicken Wings In Air Fryer?
Air fry at 400°F for 8 minutes per side, flipping them halfway through. This totals 16 minutes of cooking time or until the wings are crispy and golden brown on the outside. Ensure the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) for doneness.
Tips For Making The Best Lemon Pepper Wings
- Remove the chicken wings from the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes before cooking them.
- Use a meat thermometer to check if the chicken wings are cooked. If the internal temperature reaches 165F, you will know they are done.
- Preheat the Air Frye before adding the chicken wings to ensure that the wings cook evenly and get crispy.
- Arrange the wings in a single layer, ensuring they are not touching. Overcrowding the air fryer basket will stop the air from circulating, and the wings won’t cook evenly.
- Remove the wings from the air fryer basket and let them rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute and prevent the wings from drying.
- Add one tsp of red pepper chilly flakes while seasoning the chicken wings to make spicy bbq chicken wings.
- Sprinkle some freshly grated parmesan cheese over the wings five minutes before they are ready.
- You can also add some garlic and onion powder for extra flavor.
You can serve these delicious bbq chicken wings as an appetizer with your favorite dipping sauce or as an entree with many delicious side dishes. Here are some great ideas:
- Roasted Vegetables
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Cauliflower Rice
- Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes Fries
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Fridge: Let the bbq chicken wings come at room temperature and store them in the fridge for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
- Freeze: you can also freeze these air fryer bbq chicken wings for up to 3 months in freezer bags.
Thaw the chicken wings in the fridge overnight and reheat them in the oven or microwave before serving them.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Since they are so easy to make, I prefer to enjoy these bbq chicken wings freshly, hot, and crispy. But if you are struggling with a busy day, you can make them ahead of time and reheat them when ready to eat.
Can You Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings?
Yes, you can cook frozen chicken wings in the air fryer, but you have to use the air fryer to quickly defrost the wings before adding any seasonings.
Can I Bake Chicken Wings?
Yes, you can bake chicken wings, and they turn out just as delicious, but it takes 30- 40 for them to get crispy.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Easy 10-Minute Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
- 2 lb chicken wings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups barbeque sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F/200°C for 5 minutes.
- Cut the tips off and separate the drum and wingettes if you’re using whole chicken wings.
- Pat dry the chicken wings and season them with olive oil, minced garlic, paprika, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer in the air fryer and cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove the chicken wings from the air fryer and transfer them to a bowl.
- Mix the chicken wings with the sriracha and bbq sauce until well combined.
- Cook for 5-8 more minutes or until the wings are completely cooked through.
- Remove from the air fryer, and enjoy.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.