This keto banana bread with almond flour is moist, buttery, and loaded with banana flavor. Learn how to make the best low carb banana bread recipe with a secret ingredient.
No one can tell that this keto banana bread it’s actually sugar-free and banana-free, made with keto flour, sugar-free sugar, and banana flavor.
It requires no bananas but tastes just like regular banana bread that’s perfect for a quick breakfast or snack with a cup of bulletproof coffee.
At this point, you probably think that bananas are not keto friendly and are too high in carbs. This is actually true, but this recipe for banana bread is completely approved on a keto diet, and you can enjoy the banana taste without the carbs.
This grain-free banana bread is moist and tender like my keto blueberry bread and keto lemon pound cake.
Not to mention that a slice has less than 3g net carbs!
- 1 Is Banana Bread Keto Friendly?
- 2 The Secret Ingredient for Perfect Keto Banana Bread
- 3 Why Is This The Best Keto Banana Bread Recipe?
- 4 Almond Flour Banana Bread Ingredients
- 5 How To Make Keto Banana Bread
- 6 Making the Banana Bread Batter
- 7 Cooking The Banana Bread
- 8 Tips for Making The Best Banana Bread
- 9 Variations
- 10 How To Store?
- 11 Can I Make Banana Muffins?
- 12 More Keto Bread Recipes
- 13 Keto Banana Bread
Is Banana Bread Keto Friendly?
Regular banana bread recipes are not keto because they are made with traditional white flour, sugar, and real bananas. However, my low carb banana bread recipe is keto-approved.
The Secret Ingredient for Perfect Keto Banana Bread
The secret ingredient for making keto-approved banana bread is using pure banana extract. While bananas are not keto-friendly because of their high carb content, they are used in traditional recipes for flavor and texture.
Banana extract is made from real bananas and is a concentrated zero-carb extract that can be added to many recipes. When used in keto banana bread, it adds a rich and authentic banana flavor that perfectly mimics the real thing.
Be sure to choose a high-quality banana extract made from real bananas for the best results in your baking..
Why Is This The Best Keto Banana Bread Recipe?
- Tastes like traditional banana bread without the carbs
- Moist and soft with a tender crumb
- Easy to make with just a few wholesome ingredients
- Ready in less than 60 minutes.
- Only 3g net carbs per serving
Almond Flour Banana Bread Ingredients
This recipe uses common ingredients used in keto baking, so you probably already have them in your kitchen.
- Almond Flour – choose a blanched superfine almond flour to get the perfect texture in keto baked desserts. You can also sift the flours to get rid of any clumps.
- Coconut Flour – super absorbent, helps the bread get super fluffy and airy, just like regular banana bread.
- Butter – for the best flavor, use unsalted grass-fed butter. For a dairy-free version, replace it with coconut oil or avocado oil.
- Sweetener – any of your favorite granular sweeteners such as Swerve, Erythritol, or Monk Fruit. For even more flavor, you can choose a brown sugar replacement.
- Eggs – room temperature eggs to reduce the eggy flavor.
- Banana Extract – I used a pure banana extract made from real bananas that tastes just like ripe bananas.
- Almond Milk – keeps this bread moist. You can replace with Greek yogurt or sour cream.
- Cinnamon – for extra flavor.
How To Make Keto Banana Bread
This is the easiest keto banana bread recipe. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl using an electric mixer or a whisk until smooth. No special equipment is needed.
Making the Banana Bread Batter
Combine the wet ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, almond milk, melted butter, banana extract, and vanilla extract until frothy.
Stir in the dry ingredients. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, granulated sweetener, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix until a slightly thick batter forms.
Cooking The Banana Bread
Transfer the batter to a small loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Top with toasted nuts.
Bake in the preheated oven until the top looks golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Cool. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing.
Tips for Making The Best Banana Bread
- Sift the flour to remove any lumps.
- Make sure to use fresh baking powder to help the bread rise and become super fluffy.
- It’s essential to use room-temperature eggs to avoid that eggy taste.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing, or else the bread may fall apart.
- Add nuts or chocolate chips: for some extra texture.
- Use different spices: Cinnamon, nutmeg, or allspice can add a warm and cozy flavor to the bread.
- Blueberry Banana Bread: Add 1/2 cup of blueberries to the batter.
- Nut Butter Banana Bread: Fold into a few tablespoons of peanut butter before baking.
- Chocolate: Mix some sugar-free chocolate chips into the batter before baking.
- Make it vegan: Use a vegan egg replacement such as flax eggs instead of eggs and vegan butter instead of regular butter.
How To Store?
- Fridge: Store leftover banana bread wrapped in parchment paper for up to 7 days in the fridge.
- Freezer: Place banana bread slices in a ziplock bag and freeze for up to 6 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before serving, then reheat.
- Reheating: Banana bread tastes the best warm, so reheat in the microwave or in the oven for a few minutes.
Can I Make Banana Muffins?
Yes, this batter is perfect for making the best low carb banana muffins that are perfect for portion control. Simply prepare the batter as instructed in the recipe card, and fill the muffin cups. Bake in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant.
More Keto Bread Recipes
- Keto Zucchini Bread
- Easy Keto Blueberry Bread with Lemon Cheesecake Frosting
- Easy 90 Second Keto Bread
- The Best Egg-Free High Protein Keto Bread
Keto Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour blanched
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 5 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sweetener
- 1/2 tbsp pure banana extract
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans or walnuts optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F /180°C. Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add the eggs, almond milk, melted butter, banana extract, and vanilla extract to a large bowl. Whisk until frothy.
- Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, granulated sweetener, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix well until the batter looks smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Tap the pan on the countertop a few times to distribute the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes until the top looks golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, and transfer the keto banana bread to a wire rack to cool completely.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
I love it