Ready in 30 minutes, these delicious sugar-free buckeyes are one of the best keto sweet treats that are made using only 6 ingredients and have just 5g net carbs per serving.
What’s not to love about a peanut butter chocolate dessert that doesn’t require any baking steps and is super easy to make? These keto buckeyes are great for Thanksgiving or Christmas and can be made ahead of time to enjoy in the morning as a sweet treat.
Perfect to fix your sweet craving, these peanut butter balls are a creamy, decadent, rich low-carb dessert for all peanut butter and chocolate lovers and not only.
These no-bake keto buckeyes are a delicious recipe you enjoy all year round. So make them anytime you crave something sweet or for your next holiday party. There are likely to be a crowd-pleaser and a new family favorite.
- 1 Are Buckeyes Keto-Friendly?
- 2 Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- 3 Ingredients For These Keto Buckeyes
- 4 How To Make These Delicious Keto Buckeyes
- 5 Storing Ideas
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
- 7 More Keto Peanut Butter Dessert Recipes
- 8 Keto Buckeyes
Are Buckeyes Keto-Friendly?
Regular buckeyes are not great for a keto diet because they are made with regular sugar and other high carbs ingredients.
But you can still enjoy them by making this recipe that it’s made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- You can prepare them ahead of time.
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
- It doesn’t require any baking.
- Has only 5g net carbs per serving.
- Tastes just like peanut butter cups but without sugar and carbs.
- It’s a decadent and rich keto dessert.
Ingredients For These Keto Buckeyes
These delicious sugar-free buckeyes are made using only a few common ingredients that are easy to find. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Peanut Butter – this is the main ingredient in this recipe so use natural creamy peanut butter made from peanuts and salt.
- Butter – use softened unsalted butter.
- Vanilla Extract – use the best quality vanilla extract that you can find to give a boost of flavor.
- Salt – to enhance all the flavors.
- Sweetener – use your favorite powdered sweeteners like erythritol, monk fruit, or allulose.
- Peanut Flour – is used to bind everything together and it also give a nutty flavor to the buckeyes.
- Chocolate – use unsweetened dark chocolate.
How To Make These Delicious Keto Buckeyes
You will love these keto buckeyes once you see how easy they are to prepare. Here is everything you need to do to enjoy one of the best keto sweet treats that you will ever try:
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla, melted butter, and salt into a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add the sweetener and peanut flour and mix until well combined.
- If the dough looks too sticky, wrap it in plastic foil and refrigerate it for 10 minutes.
- Roll about one tablespoon of dough using a small cookie scoop to make small balls.
- Arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate the balls for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl or double boiler.
- Dip each peanut butter ball into the melted chocolate using a toothpick, leaving a little peanut butter area on top. Place the buckeyes on the baking sheet, and bring them back to the fridge or freezer to set the chocolate.
- Fridge – you can store these keto buckeyes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Freezer – these sugar-free buckeyes are also a freezer-safe dessert. Arrange them on a baking sheet and freeze them until firm, then transfer the buckeyes to a freezer-safe bag and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Buckeyes Sweets?
Buckeyes are a sweet treat made from peanut butter fudge dipped in chocolate, leaving a circle of peanut butter visible to make them look like buckeyes nuts. Instead, they taste like peanut butter balls that are coated in chocolate.
Is Peanut Butter Keto-Friendly?
Yes, as long as it is used moderately, peanut butter is okay for the keto diet. Always choose peanut butter with only 2 ingredients: peanut butter and salt, with no sugar added.
According to the USDA website, two tablespoons of peanut butter have 190 calories and 4 grams of net carbohydrates.
Can I Make These Buckeyes Without Peanut Butter?
Sure, you can make these buckeyes in a peanut-free version by replacing the peanut butter with almond butter.
Can I Make Them Ahead Of Time?
A great thing about this recipe is that you can prepare it ahead of time and enjoy it anytime when you have a sweet treat.
Can I Make A Dairy-Free Version Of This Recipe?
You can make a dairy version of this recipe by replacing the butter with coconut oil.
More Keto Peanut Butter Dessert Recipes
- Keto Peanut Butter Brownies – These keto peanut butter brownies are moist, ultra fudgy, and decadent
- Keto Low Carb Peanut Butter Smoothie – This keto peanut butter smoothie is creamy, thick, and has only 7g of net carbs.
- Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – These Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are thick, soft, and need only 4 ingredients.
- No-Bake Keto Peanut Butter Bars – These No-Bake Keto Peanut Butter Bars are the perfect low-carb treat for peanut butter lovers!
- Make The Peanut Butter Balls. Add the peanut butter, melted butter, vanilla Extract, and salt to a bowl and mix until creamy.
- Add in the sweetener and peanut flour and mix until well combined.
- If the mixture is too sticky, refrigerate it for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Form the buckeyes using a small ice cream/cookie scoop. Shape the balls as needed using your hands, and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate the peanut butter balls for 10-15 minutes or until firm.
- Make The Chocolate Dip Layer. Add the chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes or until melted.
- Place a toothpick into the center of each peanut butter ball and dip each ball into the melted chocolate, leaving a small area of peanut butter at the top.
- Place them back onto the baking sheet, remove the toothpicks and refrigerate for about 20 minutes until the chocolate is firm.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.