This keto banana bread with almond flour is moist, buttery, and loaded with banana flavor. Learn how to make the best low carb banana bread recipe with a secret ingredient.
No one can tell that this keto banana bread it’s actually sugar-free and banana-free, made with keto flour, sugar-free sugar, and banana flavor.
It requires no bananas but tastes just like regular banana bread that’s perfect for a quick breakfast or snack with a cup of bulletproof coffee.
At this point, you probably think that bananas are not keto friendly and are too high in carbs. This is actually true, but this recipe for banana bread is completely approved on a keto diet, and you can enjoy the banana taste without the carbs.
Not to mention that a slice has less than 3g net carbs!
- 1 Is Banana Bread Keto Friendly?
- 2 Why Is This The Best Keto Banana Bread Recipe?
- 3 Almond Flour Banana Bread Ingredients
- 4 How To Make Keto Banana Bread
- 5 Tips and Variations
- 6 How To Store?
- 7 Can I Make Banana Muffins?
- 8 More Keto Bread Recipes
- 9 Keto Banana Bread
Is Banana Bread Keto Friendly?
Regular banana bread recipes are not keto because they are made with traditional white flour, sugar, and real bananas. However, my low carb banana bread recipe is keto-approved.
Why Is This The Best Keto Banana Bread Recipe?
- Tastes like traditional banana bread without the carbs
- Moist and soft with a tender crumb
- Easy to make with just a few wholesome ingredients
- Ready in less than 60 minutes.
- Only 3g net carbs per serving
Almond Flour Banana Bread Ingredients
This recipe uses common ingredients used in keto baking, so you probably already have them in your kitchen.
- Almond Flour – choose a blanched super fine almond flour to get the perfect texture in keto baked desserts. You can also sift the flours to get rid of any clumps.
- Coconut Flour – super absorbent, helps the bread get super fluffy and airy, just like regular banana bread.
- Butter – for the best flavor, use unsalted grass-fed butter. For a dairy-free version, replace it with coconut oil or avocado oil.
- Sweetener – any of your favorite granular sweeteners such as Swerve, Erythritol, or Monk Fruit. For even more flavor, you can choose a brown sugar replacement.
- Eggs – room temperature eggs to reduce the eggy flavor.
- Banana Extract – I used a pure banana extract made from real bananas that tastes just like ripe bananas.
- Almond Milk – keeps this bread moist. You can replace with Greek yogurt or sour cream.
- Cinnamon – for extra flavor.
How To Make Keto Banana Bread
This is the easiest keto banana bread recipe. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl using an electric mixer or a whisk until smooth. No special equipment is needed.
- Combine the wet ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, almond milk, melted butter, banana extract, and vanilla extract until frothy.
- Stir in the dry ingredients. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, granulated sweetener, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix until a slightly thick batter forms.
- Transfer the batter to a small loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Top with toasted nuts.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top looks golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing.
Tips and Variations
- Mix some sugar-free chocolate chips into the batter before baking.
- Sift the flours to remove any lumps.
- Make sure to use fresh baking powder to help the bread rise and become super fluffy.
- It’s essential to use room-temperature eggs to avoid that eggy taste.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing, or else the bread may fall apart.
- Fold into a few tablespoons of peanut butter before baking.
- Add some blueberries to the batter.
How To Store?
- Fridge: Store leftover banana bread wrapped in parchment paper for up to 7 days in the fridge.
- Freezer: Place banana bread slices in a ziplock bag and freeze for up to 6 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before serving, then reheat.
- Reheating: Banana bread tastes the best warm, so reheat in the microwave or in the oven for a few minutes.
Can I Make Banana Muffins?
Yes, this batter is perfect for making the best low carb banana muffins that are perfect for portion control. Simply prepare the batter as instructed in the recipe card, and fill the muffin cups. Bake in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant.
More Keto Bread Recipes
Keto Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350°F /180°C. Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add the eggs, almond milk, melted butter, banana extract, and vanilla extract to a large bowl. Whisk until frothy.
- Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, granulated sweetener, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix well until the batter looks smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Tap the pan on the countertop a few times to distribute the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes until the top looks golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, and transfer the keto banana bread to a wire rack to cool completely.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.